Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Slightly damaged props, drifting cause?
1611 8 2018-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
boxrick1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18701 ft
United Kingdom

Hello! I have owned a DJI mavic pro since it was released and a P4 before that. Simply put my mavic keeps drifting as it flys, however two of the propellors are slightly damaged from taking it a little too close to a wall one way.

Is this the likely cause of the drifting?
2018-5-13
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Change the propellers, cheap as chips and offers greater stability to your Aircraft. Why risk flying an Aircraft with defective props, expensive drone compared to cheap props!

And after a crash calibrate everything IMU, gimbal, compass, sensors etc
2018-5-13
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Yeah I would not dare fly with any damaged props no matter how little damaged they may seem.
2018-5-13
Use props
Lok Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1486660 ft
Malaysia

What kind of damage?
2018-5-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the accident, please change the propellers to try the flight again, if there is still an issue,  you are recommended to contact our support and send it in for full diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support. Thanks!
2018-5-13
Use props
boxrick1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The damage is completely minor, maybe 1mm - 0.5mm off two of the blades?

I have bought some replacement 'platinum' blades since they are meant to be an upgrade anyway.
2018-5-14
Use props
Nancy SEO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434849 ft
United States

Interesting thread, because my Mavic Pro was a little bit drifty to the left as well. I took off the props (original factory props; bought the bird April 2018, they had approximately 12 hours flight time on them) and really eyeballed them, and sure enough, the tip of the prop on left front arm (rear of a/c facing me as your reference), was just slightly - slightly - curled on the outer edge. Since my package has six spare props (3 of each white ring/no ring) I swapped out all four.

Sure enough, the drifting is largely gone. The winds were a little less today, testing the spare props, so I can't entirely discount wx conditions, but since my drift was also to port, I'm going to with the props and possibly the update that many folks are talking about.
I just ordered OEM DJI Low Noise Quick Release props (4 total) to see how they'll perform. I am not convinced that I am out of the woods yet, as I also believe everyone here that the latest update seems to be a common denominator for persistent drift.

I have not crashed the bird, but I did have some slightly choppy landings at first, so I assume it was pilot error that caused the slight curl on the prop.  

To be continued...   
2018-7-13
Use props
boxrick1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

My props came, drone seems to be much better now. The new ones are not really any more silent though...
2018-7-13
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

boxrick1 Posted at 2018-7-13 11:34
My props came, drone seems to be much better now. The new ones are not really any more silent though...

Glad to hear it has helped.  Yeah the low noise props when on the pro does not really lessen the noise, but is a different kind of hum one that I like better than the stock mp props.  
2018-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules