Just got a mavic air
1058 11 2018-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
umadbrv
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi guys, compleatly new to drones. I just got mine delivered today. I live in london and all i see is red no fly zones around me. Tell me where do you fly yours in London and possibly some guides on not getting penalised. Thanks all
2018-5-13
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I live in the US and got nothing for you, but that avatar frickin rules...
2018-5-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, congrats on your new drone, welcome to the forum, hope someone in London can give you some advice.
2018-5-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Head towards north London - Trent Park near Cockfosters is a good place to start and you can still see the Shard/city sky line from ten miles away yet the drone will be miles from a NFZ. Head further north into the county of Hertfordshire and take your pick of parks and fields.
South Downs national park has not banned drones as long as you do not disturb anyone or the wildlife - head south of London to Surrey - some of the locations around that huge, beautiful park will give you some amazing footage.
Do not fly anywhere near central London or any of the Royal Parks, landmarks, palaces etc and make sure you are at least 4 miles from any major airport. Download the NATS Drone Assist app on your phone as that will give you bang up to date info on where you can and can not fly and is supported by the government and UK CAA. If you fly in central London you may be arrested under the terrorism act and will face a huge fine, at the very least. Keep away from all residential areas too - no flying over suburbs and towns in the boroughs and note that the National Trust have recently banned drones so be mindful not to fly around those historic areas too.
2018-5-14
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the Air club..... It's a great little more than capable aircraft, read the manual and read it again, calibrate everything methodically, don't skip anything.  IMU, compass, sensors, gimbal, RC, sticks, if it can be calibrated calibrate it before you fly.

Most import advice I will give....... never be tempted to fly until you have heard from the app 'your home point has been recorded, please check it on the map'
2018-5-14
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

Welcome to the forum, if you have a question there is someone on here that has the answer.

Fly Safe and have fun.
2018-5-14
Use props
umadbrv
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-5-13 18:29
I live in the US and got nothing for you, but that avatar frickin rules...

Thanks, that's my dog and my favourite car
2018-5-14
Use props
umadbrv
lvl.2
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-5-14 00:18
Head towards north London - Trent Park near Cockfosters is a good place to start and you can still see the Shard/city sky line from ten miles away yet the drone will be miles from a NFZ. Head further north into the county of Hertfordshire and take your pick of parks and fields.
South Downs national park has not banned drones as long as you do not disturb anyone or the wildlife - head south of London to Surrey - some of the locations around that huge, beautiful park will give you some amazing footage.
Do not fly anywhere near central London or any of the Royal Parks, landmarks, palaces etc and make sure you are at least 4 miles from any major airport. Download the NATS Drone Assist app on your phone as that will give you bang up to date info on where you can and can not fly and is supported by the government and UK CAA. If you fly in central London you may be arrested under the terrorism act and will face a huge fine, at the very least. Keep away from all residential areas too - no flying over suburbs and towns in the boroughs and note that the National Trust have recently banned drones so be mindful not to fly around those historic areas too.

Thanks for taking time to leave such a valuable advice. Excited for the first flight.
2018-5-14
Use props
umadbrv
lvl.2
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 2018-5-14 00:27
Welcome to the forum and welcome to the Air club..... It's a great little more than capable aircraft, read the manual and read it again, calibrate everything methodically, don't skip anything.  IMU, compass, sensors, gimbal, RC, sticks, if it can be calibrated calibrate it before you fly.

Most import advice I will give....... never be tempted to fly until you have heard from the app 'your home point has been recorded, please check it on the map'

Thank you for the advice, will definitely go through them.
2018-5-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

umadbrv Posted at 2018-5-14 13:45
Thanks for taking time to leave such a valuable advice. Excited for the first flight.

Pleasure - other than what I have already advised the two other big ones are to ensure that the drone is kept under 400 feet above the ground you are flying over and to ensure that you maintain visual line of sight of the drone - meaning you should be able to see it in the air at all times, unaided with your naked eye and not exceed 500m / 1,640' away from you. This is especially important when learning the basics. As you gain experience you may 'range test it' a little in very remote areas (at your own risk) but always best to never go over 400' up. I never have.
Good luck on your first flight - you have an amazing little drone - be sure to fly safe and look after it - M2 Wair has given you some good pointers there and I can not stress that you will get so much more out of the drone the more you know how to fly it and what it can do so be sure to read the manuals. Small steps to start out but enjoy it.
2018-5-14
Use props
umadbrv
lvl.2
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-5-14 14:12
Pleasure - other than what I have already advised the two other big ones are to ensure that the drone is kept under 400 feet above the ground you are flying over and to ensure that you maintain visual line of sight of the drone - meaning you should be able to see it in the air at all times, unaided with your naked eye and not exceed 500m / 1,640' away from you. This is especially important when learning the basics. As you gain experience you may 'range test it' a little in very remote areas (at your own risk) but always best to never go over 400' up. I never have.
Good luck on your first flight - you have an amazing little drone - be sure to fly safe and look after it - M2 Wair has given you some good pointers there and I can not stress that you will get so much more out of the drone the more you know how to fly it and what it can do so be sure to read the manuals. Small steps to start out but enjoy it.

many thanks, ))))
2018-5-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No probs - this was one of my very first shots taken with the MA around Trent Park two weeks ago! Have fun.
2018-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules