Car Mount & Settings
1754 8 2018-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

I'm playing around with the Osmo+ as a dashcam. I thought I found a good solution, see pic below.
Is there a way to lock the camera in its position and still have the advantage of the gimbal?

As you can see the camera is upside down. In curves it doesnt't follow the road.
I tried with orientation lock on/off. Still it yaws and tries to keep the original orientation.

Any idea how to solve this?
Which scene mode should I set for this?

Thanks!
img.jpg
2018-5-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Eric, we have Osmo Vehicle Mount which could secure suction cups for mounting and positioning your Osmo on flat surfaces on a vehicle. How about considering it?
2018-5-14
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-14 02:08
Eric, we have Osmo Vehicle Mount which could secure suction cups for mounting and positioning your Osmo on flat surfaces on a vehicle. How about considering it?

That's way too big for my purpose, the vehicle mount is for mounting it on the outside.
But thanks for your suggestion.
2018-5-14
Use props
El Kab0ng
Second Officer
Flight distance : 156499 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's an awesome setup! I know that putting it on the dash would block line of site moreso than this, but have you considered that kind of solution?  
2018-5-14
Use props
El Kab0ng
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Also, thinking back, there has to be a way to make this work... This is how they fly on the Inspire.  It's technically upside down when it's on the Osmo mount... Hmmmm
2018-5-14
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>

El Kab0ng Posted at 2018-5-14 08:24
That's an awesome setup! I know that putting it on the dash would block line of site moreso than this, but have you considered that kind of solution?

Thanks!
Yes - I have considered it but I like to have the camera further up.
I'm zooming into the picture until the hood of the car is not seen anymore...

And I don't want a set up like this one. That is a major obstacle:

2018-5-14
Use props
El Kab0ng
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2018-5-14 09:44
Thanks!
Yes - I have considered it but I like to have the camera further up.
I'm zooming into the picture until the hood of the car is not seen anymore...

Right on.  I agree on the car mount set up.  It takes too much visual real estate.  
2018-5-14
Use props
Terps22
New
United States

El Kab0ng Posted at 2018-5-14 09:49
Right on.  I agree on the car mount set up.  It takes too much visual real estate.

Hi

I tried the suction cup mount on the hood for the Osomo.  Its one giant suction cup 7" diameter but after driving for 1-2 minutes it starts to fall off, any solution for that?
2018-5-16
Use props
Rapazcl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1369915 ft
Chile

Terps22 Posted at 2018-5-16 22:24
Hi

I tried the suction cup mount on the hood for the Osomo.  Its one giant suction cup 7" diameter but after driving for 1-2 minutes it starts to fall off, any solution for that?

i tested Osmo car mount outside car at  + 120 KMph for 3 hours on wind shield, Hood and roof  , whitout problems , maybe you need clean surface before mount.
on first time testing im not cleaning mounting surface and suction cup was released   after 10-15 minutes
2018-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules