Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO 4 flight records. Innacurate data?
585 6 2018-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

Hi all!

Last week I did a new distance test with my MA, trying to find it's real limits. In the first 2 tries, I couldn't pass 1300-1400m on manual mode at 2.4GHZ, moving around several channels. I ws in the limit in between my zity and the countryside, no trees close to me, etc... clear view of the drone past 2km if required.

Finally the thrid try was the good one. I pushed past 2300m! This time I was trying in auto mode, starting at 5GHZ, then I realized (watching the replay in the APP) that the drone switched to 2.4GHZ at some point. The problem I found is this:

The drone was quite unstable after 2200m so I could only take a picture of the distance when it was returning back:

When I checked the replay in the APP, the data shown makes not much sense to me. The flight log shows a distance of 2197m. Is it the max distance? Or the total distance flown? Because the app says my max record  distance has been already 2500m last month, but I NEVER went so far away...ever, so I thought it was total distance flown inthat flight (made total sense according to that day and what I did with the drone). So I'm confused about what that information is supposed to be. If it's either the furthest distance flown  in that flight or the total distance flown, the data is innacurate.

This is what the log says:

And this is the total distance flown:

So, what is that 2197m information about?

Thanks!

2018-5-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, the 2197m is the total flight distance of this flight, it should be the same with the Travel Distance when you click into to watch the details of this flight, however, in your second picture, the Travel Distance shows 4634m, please make sure you have clicked into the correct one. Thanks!
2018-5-14
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Netherlands

Hi DJI Diana! Yes, it's the correct one. All the pictures are from the same flight!

All the flights from that day have inaccurate data...by a lot! like only 20%-30% of the flight distance is being written.

More examples(but I assume the rest of the flight logs are the same):

Second and third flights from this list:

The second flight real distance is this:

The third one is this:

At this point I assume the rest of the flights are the same and that would explain why after more than a month of flights, it shows I have flown less than 30km, which make sno sense at all.

Thanks!

2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Bokepacha Posted at 2018-5-14 00:27
Hi DJI Diana! Yes, it's the correct one. All the pictures are from the same flight!

All the flights from that day have inaccurate data...by a lot! like only 20%-30% of the flight distance is being written.

Hi, could you please let me know your DJI account via PM? I'd like to check it for you; please make sure you have synced the flight records successfully, thanks!
2018-5-14
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Netherlands

Yes, everything is synced, but I checked old logs and they look fine. The problem is recent. Maybe with the latedt update?

Ok, I'm contacting you via PM

Thanks!
2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Bokepacha Posted at 2018-5-14 00:36
Yes, everything is synced, but I checked old logs and they look fine. The problem is recent. Maybe with the latedt update?

Ok, I'm contacting you via PM

Hi, thank you for your feedback, I have forwarded this to our engineers for a check, if there is an update, we'll let you know for the first time.
2018-5-16
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-16 19:39
Hi, thank you for your feedback, I have forwarded this to our engineers for a check, if there is an update, we'll let you know for the first time.

Thank!

I was going to open a ticket with support but didn't have time yet. Thanks for doing it for me
2018-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules