Sunset Missions
3120 36 2018-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nfbarreto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779839 ft
Spain

My trusty old Phantom 3 Standard continues to rock, with more than 110 miles flown to date without incidents.This past weekend, with the weather improving, I went out and took the dust off the phantom to fly again.

Hope you enjoy !
2018-5-14
Use props
Markon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1296585 ft
Australia

Great video
2018-5-14
Use props
Nfbarreto
lvl.4
Spain

Hi, thanks for watching and for your comment.
2018-5-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good work      
2018-5-14
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Yes, the P3S is a rugged one for sure.
2018-5-14
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>

Very nice. Thanks for the share.
2018-5-14
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome shots.
2018-5-14
Use props
Nfbarreto
lvl.4
Spain

Thanks for your comment and for watching !
2018-5-14
Use props
DEUCEDOG
First Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

Nice .. good work
2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Love the waves! Thanks for sharing with us!
2018-5-14
Use props
Nfbarreto
lvl.4
Spain

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-14 23:46
Love the waves! Thanks for sharing with us!

Thanks for watching !
2018-5-15
Use props
stubbyd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 172959 ft
United Kingdom

Lovely video - thanks for sharing.
2018-5-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Beautiful video!
2018-5-15
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Very, very nice footage. Congrats
2018-5-15
Use props
Nfbarreto
lvl.4
Spain

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-5-15 23:20
Very, very nice footage. Congrats

Thank you very much !
2018-5-16
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

very nice video!
2018-5-16
Use props
Caspers driver
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4540515 ft

That was beautiful !

Yes, the P3S is a fine bird. I also love and use mine often.
Both it and myself would love to be in that lovely setting right now. (VERY hot and dusty here now)

Thanks for sharing.
2018-5-16
Use props
Nfbarreto
lvl.4
Spain

Caspers driver Posted at 2018-5-16 16:33
That was beautiful !

Yes, the P3S is a fine bird. I also love and use mine often.

Thanks for watching and for your comments !
2018-5-17
Use props
fans7d736599
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7526 ft

Ireland

Great video
2018-5-17
Use props
Kevin Halle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1297612 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sunsets are probably my favorite subject. Nice video.
2018-5-18
Use props
jimfalt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 136598 ft

Wonderfull video!
2018-5-18
Use props
RG Drones Brasil 0
Second Officer

Brazil

Lindo vídeo!
2018-5-18
Use props
Nfbarreto
lvl.4
Spain

Obrigado ! Cumprimentos de Portugal !
2018-5-18
Use props
smirnoff9969
Second Officer
Flight distance : 582776 ft
Croatia

very good...maybe you could tell us how many batteries you drained and how many minutes you recorded to cut out to these shoots!
2018-5-18
Use props
Nfbarreto
lvl.4
Portugal

smirnoff9969 Posted at 2018-5-18 11:30
very good...maybe you could tell us how many batteries you drained and how many minutes you recorded to cut out to these shoots!

Yes of course ! And thank you for watching.
I used only one battery and shot for about 14-15mins ( came back to landing with 5-7 mins still to spare)
I had many more shots, but ended-up selecting just these. I tend to use about 1-5% of the clips I shoot  as I try to keep these types of videos around 1-2mins long max as this seems to be the average watch time of these types of videos. Forcing myself to edit down to 1-2mins also helps me really prioritize the shots and focus on the essential message, or feeling, I’m trying to convey. Constraints are good to stimulate creativity
2018-5-18
Use props
fans4fa4b09c
New

Pakistan

Respect for the phantom 3 and your skills. Good work man
2018-5-18
Use props
Kuba_Vlk_CZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230614 ft
Czechia

Great job with Phantom
2018-5-22
Use props
RogueDNA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95184 ft

New Zealand

Aaahhhh....brings back fond memories of my old P3!  Awesome stuff...well done
2018-5-23
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
South Korea

Very beautiful
2018-5-23
Use props
Flyfresh.uk
New
Flight distance : 32966 ft
United Kingdom

Superb editing great shots
2018-5-29
Use props
Nfbarreto
lvl.4
Spain

Flyfresh.uk Posted at 2018-5-29 09:56
Superb editing great shots

Thank you very much !
2018-5-30
Use props
stubbyd
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Nice... do you use any kind of filters when videoing and on a side note, do you do photographs as well at sunset and if so do you suffer with noise?

I fly a 3 SE and get more noise than perhaps I'd expect on photos but am learning still so it may be my settings.
2018-5-30
Use props
Nfbarreto
lvl.4
Spain

stubbyd Posted at 2018-5-30 06:36
Nice... do you use any kind of filters when videoing and on a side note, do you do photographs as well at sunset and if so do you suffer with noise?

I fly a 3 SE and get more noise than perhaps I'd expect on photos but am learning still so it may be my settings.

Hi, thanks for watching !
In regards to your question I do not currently use any filters for both video or photography on my Phantom 3 Standard.

I've debated buying ND filters, mostly for video purposes because of the shutter speed on very bright days, but based on comparisons I've seen online (video with and without ND filters) I'm not sure the majority of viewers can see the difference, so I've been on the fence on that.

To compensate for any issues with the exposure I do the following:

1) start off with auto-exposure and touch the screen on the DJI app on areas that seem to be very bright. This automatically adjusts the exposure to expose the image for the highlights. Once I have a proper exposure, I then lock the exposure using the Auto-Exposure lock button on the top right corner of the screen. This way I ensure that, at least for video, my exposure is not changing while I'm tilting the gimbal or panning the view.

2) The drawback of exposing for the highlights, especially during sunset, is that your shadows are going to become quite dark and you may lose detail there, so it's a balancing game. That's when manual exposure comes in handy. I've definitelly experienced noisy shadows during sunset, if I expose for the highlights. You might want to play a bit with noise reduction settings on your photo editor. I use Lightroom and the noise reduction works quite nicely and it doesn't have a lot of impact on the image detail.

3) Last but not least, I find that, at least for video, correcting the exposure in post does wonders for the footage. All clips in this video were exposure and color corrected a tiny bit. Some of the original clips were actually a bit washed out,  and I significantly lowered the midtones to improve contrast and added a bit of warmth to some of the clips.  I also lifted the shadows a bit on the clips facing the sun, but not too much because of shadow noise.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask more questions.
2018-5-30
Use props
BerZen
New

India

That’s awesome work. Glad to know how your Phantom 3 Standard works. I am also very interested in this. Was saving up money for a long time for it and now it is the time to own it. Got the initial dji phantom 3 standard information here and on various website but it was just great to see how it is working for you Nfbarreto. I checked the dji website and found this Phantom 3 Standard Aircraft 5.8GHz without a remote controller and battery charger so ultimately have to get them separately. Isn’t everything available in one set? How much all that would cost? Sorry I couldn’t find the link for that, so it will be great if anyone here could help me? Thanks in advance!
2018-5-31
Use props
stubbyd
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Nfbarreto@gmail.com Posted at 2018-5-30 07:13
Hi, thanks for watching !
In regards to your question I do not currently use any filters for both video or photography on my Phantom 3 Standard.

Thanks for the detailed response, very useful.

Just one additional query for now ... what do you use to post produce your videos then? Below is a partial screen grab from last night's video effort. The bit I've circled has a greenish tint to it - perhaps not too clear on this screen grab but it is there. Even though the sun is direct or glaring it's still obvious (to me) which is why I was asking initially.

It could of course be a camera issue - the drone is 2nd hand to me and possibly previous owner pointed it direct at the sun too many times
2018-6-13
Use props
Nfbarreto
lvl.4
Spain

stubbyd Posted at 2018-6-13 04:50
Thanks for the detailed response, very useful.

Just one additional query for now ... what do you use to post produce your videos then? Below is a partial screen grab from last night's video effort. The bit I've circled has a greenish tint to it - perhaps not too clear on this screen grab but it is there. Even though the sun is direct or glaring it's still obvious (to me) which is why I was asking initially.

The green tint you see is very natural on shots like this, I don't think it has anything to do with any issues with the camera.

What you have to do is do some color adjustment/color correction. Not sure which editor you use, but look for a color board, or color correction feature.  Usually in video editors you're able to adjust colors for shadows, midtones and highlights. You probably need to move your color tones, in the highlights, to reduce the green tint. You can do this by adjusting the highlights color tones away from green tones. Usually you can see the effects of that immediately on your image, so play with that (either by moving the color slider on the highlights to cooler (blue) or warmer (red) tones.

For post processing I use Final Cut Pro X 10.4 for the Mac.
2018-6-13
Use props
Nfbarreto
lvl.4
Spain

BerZen Posted at 2018-5-31 00:21
That’s awesome work. Glad to know how your Phantom 3 Standard works. I am also very interested in this. Was saving up money for a long time for it and now it is the time to own it. Got the initial dji phantom 3 standard information here and on various website but it was just great to see how it is working for you Nfbarreto. I checked the dji website and found this Phantom 3 Standard Aircraft 5.8GHz without a remote controller and battery charger so ultimately have to get them separately. Isn’t everything available in one set? How much all that would cost? Sorry I couldn’t find the link for that, so it will be great if anyone here could help me? Thanks in advance!

I believe Amazon.com has the full package at around $500.
2018-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules