1699 26 2018-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
COCA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35495 ft
Serbia

Hello!

I have a video lag and terrible transmission even with the OTG cable, i have galaxy s9 plus, and because it has type c connection i used a mini adapter to convert type c to micro USB to connect with white original dji cable.

What to do?
2018-5-14
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Is that just a adapter from Micro USB to USB C?
Or another USB OTG-Adapter?
I assume, in wifi it is better, in this case?
Have you tried it in flightmode, once with cable and another time wifi connected?
And all other interference options gone?

2018-5-14
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

How far away was your distance when you experienced the Lag ?

1) Good to know that with EC Mode (European) you will not reach the 2KM as that is in FCC Mode (USA).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) If you are keeping it in VLOS (Visual Line of Sight) and suffering lot of lag, thats another story.

3) Are you recording the Footage with a Screen Recording App appart from the Inbuilt DJI Go4 Video Cache ? As that will reduce        your Phones performance.

4) Are you flying away from Urban Cities ? Powerlines ? Trees ? Metal Structures ?

Always try to fly in Open Areas where you have sight of your Drone, to reduce Signal Issues and also to have an Emergency Plan     if something goes wrong.

5) Turn off Bluetooth and Wifi if you are using OTG. Keeping other phones, metal object, watches away from you will Flying helps      reduce interference.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look also at this Video for Pointing the Antennas correctly -

2018-5-14
Use props
COCA
lvl.2
Serbia

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-5-14 01:52
Is that just a adapter from Micro USB to USB C?
Or another USB OTG-Adapter?
I assume, in wifi it is better, in this case?

-Jes it is a small adapter from type c to micro usb, and also using otg from RC
- Wifi is near the same, i tried bouth
Yes flight mode is always on
2018-5-14
Use props
COCA
lvl.2
Serbia

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-14 01:55
How far away was your distance when you experienced the Lag ?

1) Good to know that with EC Mode (European) you will not reach the 2KM as that is in FCC Mode (USA).

HI DMX_MT!

Thanks for your answer.

1.I was at the distance of 100m or less when lag happens
2. Yes i was on an empty stadium with no interference around
3. I recorded a video directly in dji go app, but i saw that same videos are automatically stored in my gallery with lower quality, i dont know why because i disable video cache
4. there is a city but im in an open field and the distance is very low, even i can see the spark clearly from that distance....remote works well but the live video is bad...

I also saw the video tutorial for antenna and just using their right they sad in the video.

Maybe  the cable is not good ? Becouse i use mini adapter for type c to micro usb and also the otg adapter...
2018-5-14
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

COCA Posted at 2018-5-14 02:13
HI DMX_MT!

Thanks for your answer.

Hi Coca,

Let me show you what I use.

I used both Samsung S8+ and IPhone 7+, I bought these from Germany, the Iphone was the expensive one, the other is very cheap.

1 Minute.....
2018-5-14
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

COCA Posted at 2018-5-14 02:07
-Jes it is a small adapter from type c to micro usb, and also using otg from RC
- Wifi is near the same, i tried bouth
Yes flight mode is always on

Are you one of the "never switch off my smartphone" guys?
Or have you just updated to 8.1?
Aside a full restart of your phone, try a clean install of the go4 app.
Maybe not the last, but the second last.
Or for a try even the 4.1.15
Apkmirror is your friend here
2018-5-14
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Here is the Original DJI OTG Cable -

2018-5-14
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Here is the Original DJI USB-C Cable -

2018-5-14
Use props
COCA
lvl.2
Serbia

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-5-14 02:17
Are you one of the "never switch off my smartphone" guys?
Or have you just updated to 8.1?
Aside a full restart of your phone, try a clean install of the go4 app.

Im on 8.0 becouse there is no 8.1 update now OTA for galaxy s9+...i tried everything.

Sometimes works well without lag, but most times goes wrong at lower distances
2018-5-14
Use props
COCA
lvl.2
Serbia

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-14 02:21
Here is the Original DJI OTG Cable -

Yes i had that cable, only black one and from usb i used type-c cable to phone. Lag is result ://
2018-5-14
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

I bought them from here -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/dy2014?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2754

I try to always use Original Cables, so that I won't have to point problems related to transmission to the Cables.

If you have some kind of software recording your Videos at the background, try to stop it, although you have a Very Strong Phone, stronger than my Samsung S8+.
2018-5-14
Use props
COCA
lvl.2
Serbia

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-14 02:26

No no am not using recording apps...and i also want to get rid of videos cached in my gallery...i dont know why but maybe that can cause the problem ?
2018-5-14
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

COCA Posted at 2018-5-14 02:25
Yes i had that cable, only black one  and from usb i used type-c cable to phone. Lag is result ://

If it is black, is it Original DJI ? I never saw an Original Black DJI Cable, unless its a Mavic Pro Side Cable.

A friend of mine had video transmission issues and then changed the cables and all was solved.

There are many things you have to consider, the cable may be just one possible problem. You have to do trial and error until you solve it.

I sent you a Private Message if you need any help let me know.

2018-5-14
Use props
COCA
lvl.2
Serbia

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-14 02:36
If it is black, is it Original DJI ?

A friend of mine had video transmission issues and then changed the cables and all was solved.

It is not original Dji...here in Serbia i dont have where to by original...and also there is no original for spatk even they not support otg for spark ?
2018-5-14
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

COCA Posted at 2018-5-14 02:33
No no am not using recording apps...and i also want to get rid of videos cached in my gallery...i dont know why but maybe that can cause the problem ?

Clearing some Cache may help, but your Phone is a Beast man ! My Samsung is a Beast too, let alone the S9+ !

There is a setting where you can set the video cache to use on eg - 16 GBs and then Overwrite the new videos on the existing 16GBs.

Just in case you have an accident or lose the drone, I suggest you dedicate a portion of your memory to use as Video Cache as that will be your Evidence Video stored on your Phone.

Credits go to my Dear Friend Kloo !

2018-5-14
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

COCA Posted at 2018-5-14 02:38
It is not original Dji...here in Serbia i dont have where to by original...and also there is no original for spatk even they not support otg for spark ?

Coca I bought a 3rd Party one, and bought it from UK, a friend of mine didn't suggest to use it, so I had to buy original from Germany. The 3rd Party one is on the Shelf, never used it.

Don't you use Ebay ? Can't you buy from the link I gave you ?
2018-5-14
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

They wont break your Pocket ! They don't cost a lot.

2018-5-14
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

DJI Go4 v4.1.15 Supports OTG (Old Version)

The following Version after 4.1.15 gave a lot of Problems with OTG Cable.

DJI Go4 v4.2.12 Supports OTG (New Version) Started to Support OTG again.

Now there is the v4.2.14 which seems its not giving any issues re the OTG Cable, didnt hear any problems.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you need to rollback to Old DJI Go4 use this site and download the APK (Installation File in Android Format) you need -

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a nice day ! COCA !

2018-5-14
Use props
COCA
lvl.2
Serbia

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-14 02:36
If it is black, is it Original DJI ? I never saw an Original Black DJI Cable, unless its a Mavic Pro Side Cable.

what do you mean by trial and error message?
2018-5-14
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

COCA Posted at 2018-5-14 03:15
what do you mean by trial and error message?

It means there are many factors that can determine the lag.

You need to start checking one thing at a time see if it solves the problem, if it is not solved, eg. changing the cable, you try to check other things that maybe causing that problem.

This procedure is called - Trial and Error.

You try (Trial) and you check is the problem is solved (checking for Errors).
2018-5-14
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

COCA Posted at 2018-5-14 02:24
Im on 8.0 becouse there is no 8.1 update now OTA for galaxy s9+...i tried everything.

Sometimes works well without lag, but most times goes wrong at lower distances

But have you switched off your phone, lately?
The Go4 app is a beast!
If it gets a malfunction in the system, it keeps rising it, till minimum the app gets "killed"
But to be sure, there is a restart needed, every now and then.

And yes, you could check with other OTG adapters/cables
For checking, you just need to test with what you find: the usual USB-OTG adapter from 2 smartphones before, to connect a USB-stick with it, the charger cabel from your phone, from a powerbank.
Also you could order the cheap Spark/Mavic versions from ebay, micro to USB-C Kabel, which work mostly flawlessly.

Only one thing:
You have the same wifi connected. So there is something else at fault, not (only) the cable!
2018-5-14
Use props
COCA
lvl.2
Serbia

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-5-14 04:24
But have you switched off your phone, lately?
The Go4 app is a beast!
If it gets a malfunction in the system, it keeps rising it, till minimum the app gets "killed"

And what you think can be a fault? I don't know...is there a possibility that the intelligent battery can make that problem? Because i think I'm not even sure but think that the second battery makes the problem... is that possible?
2018-5-14
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

COCA Posted at 2018-5-14 04:35
And what you think can be a fault? I don't know...is there a possibility that the intelligent battery can make that problem? Because i think I'm not even sure but think that the second battery makes the problem... is that possible?

Are you saying, that you don't have this lag with the first battery?
2018-5-14
Use props
COCA
lvl.2
Serbia

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-5-14 04:46
Are you saying, that you don't have this lag with the first battery?

I dont know...i tried i few times all...but even dont know which is 1st and 2nd batt...
2018-5-14
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

You find a pen and mark one of it.
And report back after
2018-5-14
Use props
COCA
lvl.2
Serbia

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-5-14 05:01
You find a pen and mark one of it.
And report back after

Hi, I checked, there are no changes in battery, something else making these error. I don't even know what is going on... yesterday I was trying to fly on a lake, into the woods, and the same thing happened...next, I try to fly on the open field and everything was perfect. My question is, for that money, should I always need to fly on the boring open field and make near the same shots??? I want to fly over the forest, the lake, over the city...

Always when I try to shot some interesting place (building) near my place, transmission lagging and I don't even know what the spark recording...Man, the spark is little and the point of everything is to film something when all the buildings are close to you. Am I right? Say no more...
2018-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules