Rollback firmw 0400 to 0300??
2774 16 2018-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

I would like to ask that simple question. Why, for MAVIC AIR, can not return from 0400 firmware to 0300?

Is it a simple DJI policy or - assuming I can return to firmware 0300 - will not the device work? (also does not work right with the 0400)

thnks for reply

2018-5-14
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Probably because v0400 fixes a major bug. It makes sense that they prevent downgrading to a FW that could potentially have a major flaw. I know there have been reports of motor issues with the 0400 fw but I have had none so far.
2018-5-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Without hacking anything you can't revert back once you've upgraded to .400.
2018-5-14
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

you can still downgrade without assistant 2 using ( jezzab Firmware Flashing Tool v3.03)just google.
But it's an important one: So go upgrade it
Aircraft:
  • Improved firmware data safety.
  • Fixed an issue where GPS location changes inexplicably, and when RTH is abnormal due to compass interference.
  • Optimized vision arithmetic to improve flight performance at both high altitudes or over unclear ground patterns.
  • Improved camera stability.
  • Improved safety for ActiveTrack and SmartCapture

2018-5-14
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

With the 0300 firmware my MAVIC AIR worked great.
After the 0400 image lag, drone drift, etc. began to occur.

Preview Footage Lag

Impossible to fly.
It seems that the DJI team fixes some problems and creates others with each firmware.
It was good, there would not be much need for updates.

If the launch of new firmware takes, I will be forced to downgrade. Thks for you suggestion

2018-5-14
Use props
Towlie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 597795 ft
United States

TZero Posted at 2018-5-14 03:54
With the 0300 firmware my MAVIC AIR worked great.
After the 0400 image lag, drone drift, etc. began to occur.

I found an issue with the DJI go 4 app version and image lag.
It turns out they keep adding features to the app but don't make sure that the code still runs fine on the older devices they previously supported.
I rolled the DJI Go 4 android app back to version 4.1.10 and no more lagging video.
2018-8-11
Use props
forager3215
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230951 ft

Towlie Posted at 2018-8-11 16:29
I found an issue with the DJI go 4 app version and image lag.
It turns out they keep adding features to the app but don't make sure that the code still runs fine on the older devices they previously supported.
I rolled the DJI Go 4 android app back to version 4.1.10 and no more lagging video.

Same rolled back dji go 4 to version 4.2.12 and disconnects and video lag went away. Still getting drift though.
2018-8-11
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Jos A Posted at 2018-5-14 02:51
you can still downgrade without assistant 2 using ( jezzab Firmware Flashing Tool v3.03)just google.
But it's an important one: So go upgrade it
Aircraft:

In my case, and that of many other pilots who listened to the change log, the items listed were a lie, as they introduced MANY more serious issues, and the improvements listed didn't materialize.
2018-8-12
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Any pilots here use app called "DUMLdor3" to downgrade Mavic successfully? I am about to try once.
2018-9-12
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

Optimus_Prime Posted at 2018-9-12 23:28
Any pilots here use app called "DUMLdor3" to downgrade Mavic successfully? I am about to try once.

DUM.... does not downgrade because of Mavic´s encryption
2018-9-13
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Optimus_Prime Posted at 2018-9-12 23:28
Any pilots here use app called "DUMLdor3" to downgrade Mavic successfully? I am about to try once.

Whether DUMdor3 would work or wouldn't work is not the real issue.  The real issue is tools like DUMdor3 absolutely should not be necessary.  DJI should not have put forth a one-way Firmware update.

Suggest all those having problems with Mavic Air and .0400 FW; return them to DJI for immediate replacement due to problems.  Along with sending letters to DJI Corp, demanding compensation for lost use of Mavic Air waiting over 4-months for FW resolution, for product that has only been out for 7-1/2 months.
2018-9-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It seems amazing that those who were totally against returning drones with problems to dji have now changed their tune. Some of us suggested that returning drones to dji was the correct course of action, we were ridiculed for even suggesting this, back in early June, summer has passed for many, certainly for those who ignored this advice, I believe they call it, “Running with the Hares and hunting with the hounds”
I hope FW comes soon for those who believe it might help.

2018-9-13
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

TZero Posted at 2018-9-13 06:27
DUM.... does not downgrade because of Mavic´s encryption

I understand DJI having put in place ''things'' to prevent their drones from being hacked with two caveats.
1) The ''things'' absolutely should not have a negative impact on performance of drone or Smartdevice used to run GO-4.
2) DJI absolutely should provide a easy way for owners to Rollback Firmware to previous running version.  Whatever the reason the OWNER (aka DJI's customer) has.
2018-9-13
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

May be DJI following Apple's trail: prevent any downgrading for updating devices needed.
Out of topic: the drone's law now getting harder and harder, i wonder how DJI action like allow official user to deactivate it or something like that to prevent other one use our drone's S/N to do something bad. And any pilots here can share your idea too how to keep your birds' S/N out of bad hands?
2018-9-14
Use props
SBasso
lvl.3

Malta

I'm one of the affected ones by the new FW.
The only issue i face, the yaw turning left when i take off, a part of that, i fly great!

I adapted myself to it and so major issues from my side.
2018-9-14
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Optimus_Prime Posted at 2018-9-14 00:40
May be DJI following Apple's trail: prevent any downgrading for updating devices needed.
Out of topic: the drone's law now getting harder and harder, i wonder how DJI action like allow official user to deactivate it or something like that to prevent other one use our drone's S/N to do something bad. And any pilots here can share your idea too how to keep your birds' S/N out of bad hands?

You can still downgrade Apple devices...  If you have made a backup before upgrading or do so before next auto backup is done (if you have that feature enabled).

Whereas, Backups are not an option with DJI.
2018-9-14
Use props
ChuckTuna
lvl.1
Flight distance : 177484 ft
Colombia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-14 07:21
You can still downgrade Apple devices...  If you have made a backup before upgrading or do so before next auto backup is done (if you have that feature enabled).

Whereas, Backups are not an option with DJI.

Has anyone resolved the lag issue? I had an issue about a month ago and I blamed it on my RC not being on the corresponding FW as the drone, the lag was gone for a day and today I tried again to fly and it is impossible. I have a mate 10 pro where I mainly fly it. I tested it with an iPad and a Galaxy Note 10 same exact issues.

Any pointers?
2020-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules