Stolen Mavic
1231 12 2018-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wilddeer
lvl.2

United States

Hey DJI my mavic was stolen Friday 5/12/18 can you ground it or track it figc@reagan.com  is my log in email thanks Mark Wilder
2018-5-14
Use props
Wilddeer
lvl.2

United States

Stolen Mavic

Hey DJI my mavic was stolen Friday 5/12/18 can you ground it or track it figc@reagan.com  is my log in email thanks Mark Wilder
2018-5-14
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

I am fairly positive that DJI wont do anything mate.
2018-5-14
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

This has come up before, currently there is no way to disable the AC once it is stolen, many suggestions made to DJI to add this feature (only to be available to registered owners). If this was available the owner could disable the AC remotely and the thief could not fly it, sell it, pawn it as any potential buyer would want to test it before purchasing.

I wish they would make this feature available not thru the App but online, signed into your account to activate the disable. Sorry for your loss.

I highley reccomend buying a State Farm policy if you decide to replace the stolen Mavic.
2018-5-14
Use props
chiplifter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

That is bad. I really hope DJI can help to retreive your drone.
2018-5-14
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Yup, the best to do is report to the police, Dji can not help here. Sorry about the loss
2018-5-14
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Sorry for your loss.
Keep an eye open for the sale of it ether on Craig's List or EBay.
If you see one for sale without a controller you might just email them and ask for the serial Number. Saying you are checking to see if is a newer or older model.

The idea of disabling it is a great idea. Hope DJI gives it some thought.
2018-5-14
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Simmo1 Posted at 2018-5-14 03:25
I am fairly positive that DJI wont do anything mate.

I would at least report drone stolen to DJI.  If drone were ever to be re-registered or sent in for repairs; it should cause DJI to alert original owner or Law enforcement.

After all, it is stolen property and in some places receiving stolen property or aiding with theft of stolen property is a crime.
2018-5-14
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

What  state and city was it last seen in.
2018-5-14
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-14 10:44
I would at least report drone stolen to DJI.  If drone were ever to be re-registered or sent in for repairs; it should cause DJI to alert original owner or Law enforcement.

After all, it is stolen property and in some places receiving stolen property or aiding with theft of stolen property is a crime.

Thats my point HT, even if they were to become aware, seemingly they do nothing.
I agree with the above, a function like I think an Iphone has, (i dont have apple) that can track, turn off, Format SD etc all done by the owner if their phone gets stolen or misplaced.
2018-5-14
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Simmo1 Posted at 2018-5-14 22:26
Thats my point HT, even if they were to become aware, seemingly they do nothing.
I agree with the above, a function like I think an Iphone has, (i dont have apple) that can track, turn off, Format SD etc all done by the owner if their phone gets stolen or misplaced.

For some reason this comes to mind (not aimed at you).
2018-5-14
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Sorry for your lost bird. I hope in some lucky, you can retrieve it back. I suggest you put your S/N everywhere on your signature, on facebook...
Saving for the MA2
2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, sorry to let you know that the drone is unable to be tracked, you are recommended to report it to the police.
2018-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules