Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What do you use to transport/protect your Phantom?
36736 226 2015-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
imdjay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 194541 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just used the dji hardshell on an across the globe trip, and climbed a sizeable mountain with it. not perfect, but kept everything safe. did some foam modifying/trimming to get my tab 4 8.4" to fit
2015-7-28
Use props
stinson61
New

United States

I am using the hardshell backpack for my P3 Pro, and it's ok, however, I use the GoOroffesional  for my P2 FPV setup. I prefer the case, it's definitely tougher and more secure, also holds mire. The backpack is ok and it's nice that you can sling it on your back, but removing the props is a must with this setup
2015-8-2
Use props
quanthonytrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I've used the KingKong 40 for my P2V+, P2 Gopro and now P3. Bushwalked and carried-on for overseas. It was cheap when I first got it 18 months ago - $69.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fancie ... 566c9113c1#shpCntId

This holds 3+1 batteries.

2015-8-2
Use props
Skater67
lvl.3
Flight distance : 417149 ft

Colombia

Both my son and I have the DJI Hardshell Backpacks and have flown (carry-on luggage) in the USA and internationally with no issues.  On a recent coast to coast flight then on to South America no one even looked or asked asked about my Hardshell Backpack or its contents.  The Hardshell fits in the overhead bin with room to spare in a B737, B757, B767, B777, and A319/20.  Not sure about the E170/175 but will find out soon.  The DJI Hardshell Backpack works great for us.
2015-8-9
Use props
sludgeface
lvl.1

Canada

I purchased the DJI soft backpack with my P3 when I ordered, as they offered it in a package with an extra battery. I don't regret it but it is a very tight fit getting the P3 inside, and does cause me some concern for it taking a bad bump if the backpack gets knocked. In all fairness, it's a very nice Manfrotto backpack, but it's not a very good fit for the P3. I'm surprised that they offer it, considering the fit is so tight.
2015-8-12
Use props
fvillanueva
lvl.2

United States

Hardshell backpack is the best it's what I got love it a lot not heavy or bulky at all can hold 4 batteries if you decide to get one get the one with the dji logo on it cuz I seen the other one with the drone photo not the same just a counterfeit version looks the same but not even close to same stitching
2015-8-12
Use props
Superfantastic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 396398 ft
United Kingdom

just ordered the dji backpack
3-5 days
http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-hardshell-backpack-dji
150 not to bad, postage was high though 13.50
2015-8-12
Use props
phresh_5
lvl.2

Canada

Superfantastic Posted at 2015-8-13 03:47
just ordered the dji backpack
3-5 days
http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-hardshell-backpack-dji ...

$80 on ebay for the same backpack without the DJI logo and zippers.  Both are made in China.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hard-Sho ... hash=item3aaf7df1ad
2015-8-12
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

Use a ThinkTank Airport Helipak, owning many of their other bags it was a no brainer, lightweight, extremely comfortable, top notch quality and  lifetime warranty.  

Will hold a dslr body and a couple of lenses too which is practical

2015-8-16
Use props
Skygod14
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hardshell Backpack all the time - my only gripe would be that I cannot leave the props on the shell whilst transporting. other than that, its a great way of transporting, hands down beats a pelican case every time.
2015-8-17
Use props
jmc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Hi,

FWIW I created this DJI Phantom 3 Camera Gimbal & Cover protector :

http://forum.dji.com/thread-28281-1-1.html

It's free if you have (or know someone with) a 3D printer.

Enjoy!
jmc
2015-8-17
Use props
Damage01
New

United Kingdom

Another vote for the DJI Hardshell case.

Easily fitted in everything including the charger. Props only take a minute to fix and the guards maybe 5 minutes to fix on.

Took it via EasyJet from Bristol, UK to Bordeaux, France as hand luggage. No issues at all except the French security X-Ray guy was a FPV fan and wanted to see it!

2015-8-17
Use props
Superfantastic
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Got my dji backpack hardshell today , must say the quality is very high, all standard parts fit in, little tight for room for iPad mini, if you have a larger iPad you have no chance fitting it in. But good little case and looks the part when you pull it out of car
2015-8-17
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

ritcheypac@hotm Posted at 2015-5-12 12:55
I'm wondering what the weight of the backpack will be.  The hardshell is unbelievably heavy.  I sent ...

what? empty it only weighs 1.61 KG, or under 4LB. how is that unbelievably heavy?
2015-8-21
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

i originally wanted the goprofessional, as i could carry more batteries and the props could stay on. but i was told by willie that he has both a hard case and the dji hard shell back pack. in fact i saw them both when we went to fly. and he uses the dji backpack as it is easier to lugg around, and i think he now is using the carrying case to haul baby diapers and stuff!!
so i thought about it a while and finally went by willis recommendation and got the dji hard shell backpak. its a good idea to take props off so you can check them for hairline cracks and a good inspection anyways. it doesnt take but 1 minute to put them on, so that took care of the edge the gprofessional had.
next the 3 extra batteries that it would carry, well i have a little bag that i carry little tools and snacks and it has room for more than 3 batteries. so that took care of the xtra battery edge.
those were the only two edges the goprofessional had for me!!
i dont fly in airplanes as i was born in iran, so can u imagine me trying to grt on a plane with a "drone"!!
so that took care of the being more sturdy for flying in airplanes.
everything else the dji had the edge from word go;
light weight
very easy to carry, specially if going on hikes, or just walking in a park, woods, etc etc
fits everything that one needs for a total of around 80 minute flights.
well made
and guess what, its $100 cheaper, so i bought 6 more batteries, because i saved $100 there, thats what i told my wife anyways!!
2015-8-21
Use props
pr51
lvl.1

United States

I'm using the pelican case. Love their sturdiness and look. Plus they are the best IMO
2015-8-22
Use props
richardmartin
lvl.1

United States

mike@singerscre Posted at 2015-5-12 10:38
Those are both good choices -- but, there are many more at:
http://www.PhantomHelp.com/#CasesP3

Thanks for the link Mike, this is an amazing source!!!  
2015-8-22
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

Yep, another vote for the DJI hardshell.  Only had mine for a few weeks, but I love the feel of it.  Has rubber feet on it to keep it "cleaner" if placed on the ground.  Nice and comfortable carrying if you're going to go hiking somewhere with it.  Holds everything I need.......for right now!
2015-8-24
Use props
Skater67
lvl.3
Flight distance : 417149 ft

Colombia

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-12 10:57
Anyone know if the new DJI hardcase backpack will work as a carry-on /hand-luggage on flights?

If n ...

Suggest you read this thread:  http://forum.dji.com/thread-29014-1-1.html
2015-8-25
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

jmc@image-line. Posted at 2015-8-17 21:12
Hi,

it is very neat, the only thing is most people use case or backpack with precut foam and this would not fit in them without some surgery on a $150-$350 item!!
but still love the idea and probably one of the easiest after market items to use
2015-8-25
Use props
snsjets
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2730518 ft
United States

P4TRI0T Posted at 2015-5-28 07:28
I ordered this one from UAS
http://1uas.com/1UAS-Pelican-Case-Phantom-3

Anyone else have the case from UAS? I cannot find any reviews. I like it because it is smaller and I don't mind removing the props.
2015-8-25
Use props
P4TRI0T
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53645 ft
United States

snsjets Posted at 2015-8-26 10:36
Anyone else have the case from UAS? I cannot find any reviews. I like it because it is smaller and ...

I like it, I don't have to remove the props.
2015-8-26
Use props
snsjets
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2730518 ft
United States

P4TRI0T Posted at 2015-8-27 10:24
I like it, I don't have to remove the props.

OK, thanks. I am mistaken thinking you had the Compact UAS. I am interested in the Compact due to carry-on size.

Does the lid material keep the Phantom snug and secure when closed? I've noticed that most cases have the egg crate type foam in the lid, the UAS does not.

2015-8-27
Use props
Superfantastic
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hardshell case works for me, i had to cut a new section out to get mu ipad mini in with everything else but it fits and works a treat, very handy if you want to climb over fences or up hills to get somewhere
the other carry cases would be a pain, if you need an image uploaded let me know
2015-8-27
Use props
P4TRI0T
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53645 ft
United States

snsjets Posted at 2015-8-27 17:31
OK, thanks. I am mistaken thinking you had the Compact UAS. I am interested in the Compact due to c ...

No problem, yes it keeps it pretty snug, as I carry it I heard something rattle around, come to find out its the iPad mini sliding in the slot for it.  Other than that it works great.
2015-8-27
Use props
me
lvl.4
United Kingdom

image of dji hardshell with my ipad slot cut, everything in inc x2 nd filters and dji sunshield under top foam, all fits snug and works a treat
2015-9-2
Use props
Larry L
lvl.3

United States

I have the Tradecraft case for both of my quads. Great product & reasonably priced.
http://tradecraftcases.com/tough ... ional-and-advanced/
2015-9-6
Use props
ryanbattey
lvl.2

United States

I use a pelican  im2600  case works good.
2015-9-20
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

schoug@gmail.co Posted at 2015-5-13 12:33
Just ordered the Hard Shell from DJi.

http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-hardshell-backpack

Dead Link.
2015-9-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Using the DJI branded hard shell back pack with great appreciation. Everything fits just so snug.
It's very light weight, quite sturdy and extremely functional.  Wish it could hold another flight battery or two, though.

Well worth the extra investment, to protect the little bird. ;-)
I have finally been able to buy a proper hard side case, and couldn't be any happier...
Bought my Plasticase Nanuk 945 so I now have it too, and it holds 7 batteries in total.

RedHotPoker

2015-9-20
Use props
duey101
lvl.2

Thailand

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-12 09:57
Anyone know if the new DJI hardcase backpack will work as a carry-on /hand-luggage on flights?

If n ...

Hard shell backpack is a winner, tough and OEM.  I take mine as carry on every flight I take, just flew into Thailand with it from Bali, no hassles, with three extra batteries in the case.  The hard shell backpack is tough as nails, holds lots of little accessories too.  You can put some documents and your iPad mini/Air under the top flap cushion, fits perfect...

2015-10-17
Use props
Paniza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

dji backpack, fits the Canadian airplanes as carry on.
2015-10-21
Use props
BayArea99
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197336 ft
United States

I like mine too! Great quality for the price!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16179060 ... =STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
2015-10-21
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

i have the gpc backpack.  it was a p2 pack and after a few cuts the p3 and rc fit just fine.  when i fly i pack it inside a suitcase that fits it perfectly and holds all the spare props, chargers, etc.  on this trip i brought my second p3.  i packed it in its original box, inside a bigger box, inside a heavy duty duffle bag.  it made it to argentina just fine so far.  since the batteries and rc unit were in my carry-on luggage it was very light.  
2015-10-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Superfantastic Posted at 2015-8-17 14:06
Got my dji backpack hardshell today , must say the quality is very high, all standard parts fit in,  ...

You can store any iPad under the foam of the back/lid. Just pull the foam out, and lay the iPad along the bottom of the case. It works great for my iPad Air 2 :-)
I use that side cutout area to store extra sets of rotor blades.

RedHotPoker
2015-10-30
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-10-31 14:13
You can store any iPad under the foam of the back/lid. Just pull the foam out, and lay the iPad alo ...

Great, thanks for that tip, I was trying to figure out where to put my Air 2, now I know.
2015-10-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yeah, it works great. There is a ton of space under its back lid foam.
That's one of the benefits in using the @DJI hard shell back pack.
I am very pleased with this case, everything is so securely held.
Yes it's the basic bombastic!! And so easy to transport on my SpYder RS-S. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-10-31
Use props
kiwitonita
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85 ft
New Zealand

phresh_5 Posted at 2015-7-6 19:30
I use this cheap eBay bag for the P2 modified to fit the P3 controller.  With the money I saved not  ...

Same here.  The eBay case was about NZ$60 (less then US$50) including delivery.  It is excellent.  The black foam insert was a little distorted on arrival but with the P3 inserted for a couple of days if changed shape to an excellent fit. eBay backpack Phantom 3 Case
2015-10-31
Use props
debiby
lvl.1

United States

bradleydraifing Posted at 2015-5-28 00:58
Unfortunately I threw out the white foam piece weeks ago but have recently learned about this prob ...

I bought a lens cap gimbal lock combo off of e-bay that works great. Also bought a soft backpack that is made for the 3p3 for around $70 that holds everything in place perfect. Padded everywhere with lots of storage. I do need to take the props off but that is easy enough to not be a big deal. I also think it will work as a carry-on.
2015-11-3
Use props
mike.wildlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5623 ft
Australia

jmc@image-line. Posted at 2015-8-17 21:12
Hi,

Just my thoughts but this allows strain on the gimbal motors as the leg flexes (as there is nothing stopping the gimbal mount flexing.
It's something that I like about the DJI plastic one it comes with, it locks the gimbal down completely.
2015-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules