Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Red Waypoint
463950 463950 2018-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blellow
Captain
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi, the Google play store has a new app called Red Waypoint.  Any1 try it?  Is it any good?  

I'm testing it later today as a beta tester.  Does any1 know anything about this app?
2018-5-14
Use props
David Calero
lvl.4
Spain

Hi Blellow, I developed this APP. It is easy and simple! It supports Spark! Full camera view! It supports Point of interest and it has integrated a simulator for mission validation! For any doubts, ask to me directly!
2018-5-14
Use props
David Calero
lvl.4
Spain

AND ENJOY
2018-5-14
Use props
Blellow
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Awesome, ty very much.  My old Nexus 7 tablet works with the spark, but disconnects in about 20 seconds with Red.  

Should we use the controller at the same time we use Red Waypoint?
2018-5-14
Use props
Blellow
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for not asking directly.  My bad.
2018-5-14
Use props
Red Waypoint
lvl.4
Spain

Use this page is fine for all the users to see it!

Yes I use always the remote controller, if you don't have access to internet, first explore the map zone in offline mode ;)
2018-5-14
Use props
Red Waypoint
lvl.4
Spain

Blellow Posted at 2018-5-14 09:38
Awesome, ty very much.  My old Nexus 7 tablet works with the spark, but disconnects in about 20 seconds with Red.  

Should we use the controller at the same time we use Red Waypoint?

Always disconnects about 20 seconds? If it continues first try rebooting your aircraft
2018-5-14
Use props
idbl_fanatic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 509741 ft
United States

This seems interesting, do you have any instructions on it, or maybe some video tutorial?
2018-5-14
Use props
Haggi
Captain
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

idbl_fanatic Posted at 2018-5-14 10:57
This seems interesting, do you have any instructions on it, or maybe some video tutorial?

http://www.redwaypoint.com/

Havent got the time to try the app yet.
Some video tutorials wouldnt hurt.
2018-5-14
Use props
idbl_fanatic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 509741 ft
United States

Haggi Posted at 2018-5-14 11:41
http://www.redwaypoint.com/

Havent got the time to try the app yet.

Yeah I would like some video tutorials, not much on the website.
2018-5-14
Use props
Red Waypoint
lvl.4
Spain

idbl_fanatic Posted at 2018-5-14 12:06
Yeah I would like some video tutorials, not much on the website.

Sorry, just launched the aplication some days ago. Soon I will provide tutorials. Some info:

1. Plan your mission. (Recommended in Offline Mode)
Adjust the waypoint default parameters (GPS coordinates) taking into account the height.
Add Waypoints (the blue eye) creating the desired path.
You can add Waypoints in several geometry patterns (lines, circles, square, grid). Click over a single waypoint to change its height. In addition adjust the heading(0 NORTH, 90 EAST, 180 SOUTH, 270 WEST).
Another parameters is the gimbal (point forward with 0 degrees or downward 90 degrees). When the mission is ready save it.

2. Fly your mission.
Connect your Spark with your remote Controller and your Android to the WiFi.
Enter in FLY mode and load the mission created.
If your drone has GPS coordinates it will appear a Green dot (HOME POINT).
If you want to check your mission before launching, you can use the simulator "S" Button.
Before executing the mission you must take off (With the up arrow button).
Now you can fly manually. If you want to execute the mission and fly autonomously click on the PLAY button.
PAUSE button will stop your drone, and for resuming the mission just click again PLAY. The STOP button ends the mission.
Adjust some parameters for the mission such as the drone speed, action after finished and the drone heading. Set a POI Point Of Interest (The Orange point) and the drone will point to that coordinate.

3. Record your videos.
Go to the first person view, and Long Click the screen, you will have a full camera view. Adjust your camera parameters and focus on your videos.
Play with the gimbal! Adjust the speed movement and control it manually, you will create amazing videos!
2018-5-14
Use props
Blellow
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Nexus 7 1st generation unstable connection.  The app won't connect longer than a few seconds.  Wish I could use this otherwise great app.
2018-5-15
Use props
Red Waypoint
lvl.4
Spain

Blellow Posted at 2018-5-15 13:50
Nexus 7 1st generation unstable connection.  The app won't connect longer than a few seconds.  Wish I could use this otherwise great app.

I am sorry, looking forward for this BUG fix. I will notify U when solved
2018-5-15
Use props
Cesargp
First Officer
Flight distance : 458317 ft
Chile

Hey, thanks for the app but... do you really need the right to “make and manage phone calls” to make it work?
2018-5-15
Use props
cobbdem
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126532 ft

Just downloaded this app after reading this thread. Going to check it out tomorrow.
2018-5-15
Use props
SparkChog
Captain
Flight distance : 500554 ft
Philippines

will definitely check this app.. looks promising
2018-5-15
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
Flight distance : 12132231 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice app, but why does it read out my telephone data ?? add and remove accounts ??  and more, so check the rights of this program.Mayby the developer can tell us why ?
cheers
JJB
2018-5-15
Use props
Red Waypoint
lvl.4
Spain

Regarding to the permissions, most of them are required by the third party DJI SDK MOBILE.
You can check some information here :
https://github.com/dji-sdk/Mobil ... AndroidManifest.xml
and here:
https://developer.dji.com/mobile ... flow-integrate.html
2018-5-15
Use props
Red Waypoint
lvl.4
Spain

Cesargp Posted at 2018-5-15 19:14
Hey, thanks for the app but... do you really need the right to “make and manage phone calls” to make it work?

I think that is form security issues, disables calls while ou are flying your drone. The permissionas are DJI SDK requirements.
2018-5-15
Use props
Olgmo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 146332 ft

I have not flew with it yet, but will try one day. Have connected and took a lift off.
I would like to see negative altitude (in case the lunch is from a hill top) or real altitude (not relative to lunch place.
2018-5-16
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
First Officer

Hungary

Red Waypoint Posted at 2018-5-14 12:55
Sorry, just launched the aplication some days ago. Soon I will provide tutorials. Some info:

1. Plan your mission. (Recommended in Offline Mode)

"Connect your Spark with remote controller and your Android to the WIFI"
OTG is not supported?
How can you make an interesting point on the map so that Spark is looking at you while you are on a mission?
(thank you for the app)
2018-5-16
Use props
Red Waypoint
lvl.4
Spain

Olgmo Posted at 2018-5-16 10:03
I have not flew with it yet, but will try one day. Have connected and took a lift off.
I would like to see negative altitude (in case the lunch is from a hill top) or real altitude (not relative to lunch place.

Negative altitude values I will test and add this feature! Thanks ;)
2018-5-16
Use props
S.J
Captain
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Red Waypoint Posted at 2018-5-16 12:42
Negative altitude values I will test and add this feature! Thanks ;)

i suggest not to add negative altitude feature as there are strong chance of a malfunction from SPARK . SPARK does not indicate altitude correctly especially negative values.
2018-5-16
Use props
Red Waypoint
lvl.4
Spain

2018-5-18
Use props
FXF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68123 ft

Austria

I like to give you a large thumb up for your work - will test red waypoint this weekend
2018-5-18
Use props
Blellow
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Red, what tablet are you using?
2018-5-18
Use props
Red Waypoint
lvl.4
Spain

Blellow Posted at 2018-5-18 18:14
Red, what tablet are you using?

I have been using a Huawei P8 Lite for the development. Still need to design properly for tablets
2018-5-20
Use props
rdvreugd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10879 ft
Netherlands

Just curious. I installed the app just this afternoon. I have played with it now only in offline mode. Looks very promising. Big thumbs up for that.
I also watched the three video's about this app. Part III I dee the app in life action but I'm sorry cannot understand your language
I do have some questions and post theme here for everybody to read:
1. If I'm flying a mission and rotate the drone and gimbal with the controller won 't that interfere with the settings per waypoint?
2. How do I set the point of interest (the orange marker)?
3. If I change the global setting between creating waypoints will that only affect the future waypoints or all waypoints?
4. Will the drone during a mission interpolate between settings on waypoints? So will it gradually climb or decent or rotate etc.

It looks like a great app for taking beautiful shots, your great, thanks
2018-5-30
Use props
Red Waypoint
lvl.4
Spain

rdvreugd Posted at 2018-5-30 15:18
Just curious. I installed the app just this afternoon. I have played with it now only in offline mode. Looks very promising. Big thumbs up for that.
I also watched the three video's about this app. Part III I dee the app in life action but I'm sorry cannot understand your language
I do have some questions and post theme here for everybody to read:

Hi!
I am very busy! but soon I will provide some tutorials, the ones you saw are not oficial xD I don't understand neither.
1) If you touch the sticks automatically the mission turns into manual control. It is a matter of security. If the gimbal is in manual mode you can move the gimbal throught the joystick, if it is automatically the automatic function will override your movement.
2) POI it is only available in online mode, the point of doing it this way is that you can even change its position dinamically even if the mision is on.
3) Default settings only affect to the new waypoints set!
4) In a future I would like to implement this functionality, at the moment it only points to the next waypoint setting.
Hope hearing news back from your tests! Enjoy!
2018-5-31
Use props
Putzfrau
Captain
Flight distance : 26896 ft
Denmark

Thanks for putting this app out there! Looks very promising.

I have only done a quick test so far this weekend that didn't go to well. I created a small rectangular course offline first but when attempting to run it later nothing happened. It just sat there.
Looking at my screen recording afterwards I suspect that it may have to do with me using an OTG-cable. The app didn't show battery level or number of satellites in GPS-fix. I had 15-16 satellites just before in the DJI app so it should have been good.
I will try ASAP without OTG and see if it works.

Looking forward to tutorial videos. I think I have the offline mode figured out but not too sure what some of the icons in connected mode are supposed to be.
Cheers! //Putzfrau
2018-6-4
Use props
kidroc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4991647 ft

Thank you for all of your work on this i will be testing this app with the spark. I really hope it works well and you continue to develop it. I have been dreaming of an waypoint app for the spark.
2018-6-4
Use props
Putzfrau
Captain
Flight distance : 26896 ft
Sweden

Did a quick test without OTG. Works great!

Noticed one thing: When the next waypoint is at a different altitude, it first adjusts the altitude to match the upcoming waypoint and then heads off towards it.
Any possibility you could have the option that it does the altitude adjustment "in transit"? Would make for smother footage in most cases I think.
2018-6-4
Use props
Stuie2k
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112497 ft

Thank you so much for this app as it's what the Spark has been waiting for however I have one silly question.

Does this app monitor battery levels and Is it possible to plan a route which will exceed the battery capacity of the Spark?

Many thanks for all your hard work
2018-6-4
Use props
Red Waypoint
lvl.4
Spain

Putzfrau Posted at 2018-6-4 14:22
Did a quick test without OTG. Works great!

Noticed one thing: When the next waypoint is at a different altitude, it first adjusts the altitude to match the upcoming waypoint and then heads off towards it.

In the future I will add this feature ;)
2018-6-8
Use props
Red Waypoint
lvl.4
Spain

Stuie2k Posted at 2018-6-4 20:39
Thank you so much for this app as it's what the Spark has been waiting for however I have one silly question.

Does this app monitor battery levels and Is it possible to plan a route which will exceed the battery capacity of the Spark?

At the moment the Red Waypoint APP reads the capacity of the Battery but allows you to plan the route. If running out of battery, when it reaches a first threashold it will automatically return home, if you cancel there is the second threshold that the drone will start landing wherever it is.  
2018-6-8
Use props
Red Waypoint
lvl.4
Spain

2018-6-8
Use props
EskildS
First Officer
Flight distance : 111650 ft
Norway

This looks VERY promising. Really want to test it ASAP!
2018-6-8
Use props
Red Waypoint
lvl.4
Spain

2018-6-13
Use props
fans110acd06
lvl.2
Flight distance : 253980 ft
Malta

Well done for this great app. Do you have any plans to make OTG available? tks