4374 9 2018-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
machprime
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1056 ft
Canada

Hi

I just got the mavic air and I was really excited to try the quick shot features but they doesn't seem to work.

When I go into quickshot mode, I can see all the different modes (dronie,circle, etc) I can seemingly select/modify them (ie helix, change the distance) but it flies like it's in dronie mode. Whether it's circle, helix, rocket, asteroid, etc the drone moves like it's on dronie mode even though the icon on the screen shows different.  I've flown them in very large open parks as to not encounter any obstructions.

This is also in spite of me already upgrading to the latest firmware.

Anyone encounter this problem or better yet, have a solution?

Thanks
2018-5-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No, used all six quick shots yesterday on my MA and not a single problem. All I can suggest is ensuring you are on the latest FW and GO 4 app version and refresh using Assistant 2. I trust you have actually waited several seconds after the quick shot starts.
2018-5-14
Use props
machprime
lvl.1
Canada

A CW Posted at 2018-5-14 09:26
No, used all six quick shots yesterday on my MA and not a single problem. All I can suggest is ensuring you are on the latest FW and GO 4 app version and refresh using Assistant 2. I trust you have actually waited several seconds after the quick shot starts.

Yes, I am on the latest firmware. I updated to the latest DJI Go 4 app.  What do you mean 'refresh using Assistant 2' ?

2018-5-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

machprime Posted at 2018-5-14 09:51
Yes, I am on the latest firmware. I updated to the latest DJI Go 4 app.  What do you mean 'refresh using Assistant 2' ?

Connect the drone to your Mac/Computer and use DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware on the drone - this is a more thorough download and will hopefully sort out the problem you have. You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the GO 4 app on your phone - is it android or apple? Be sure to insync your flight records before uninstalling. If after doing the refresh, the reinstallation, waiting several seconds after taping go and every quick shot is still performing a dronie then you may have a DOA unit and will need to ship it back to DJI or where you bought it for replacement.
2018-5-14
Use props
machprime
lvl.1
Canada

A CW Posted at 2018-5-14 10:30
Connect the drone to your Mac/Computer and use DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware on the drone - this is a more thorough download and will hopefully sort out the problem you have. You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the GO 4 app on your phone - is it android or apple? Be sure to insync your flight records before uninstalling. If after doing the refresh, the reinstallation, waiting several seconds after taping go and every quick shot is still performing a dronie then you may have a DOA unit and will need to ship it back to DJI or where you bought it for replacement.

Oh I never considered connecting my drone to my computer and uploading the firmware that way.  

I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest DJI GO 4 app on my ipad.  I will try connecting to the computer.

Thanks!
2018-5-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

machprime Posted at 2018-5-14 10:33
Oh I never considered connecting my drone to my computer and uploading the firmware that way.  

I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest DJI GO 4 app on my ipad.  I will try connecting to the computer.

No probs - try the FW refresh first then head out and test it again. Make sure you have multiple flight modes enabled in the app too and quick shots work better in well lit environments - don't do them at dusk or night etc. Also make sure you have a home point set on the map before take off and calibrate your IMU at home on a flat suface before heading out and calibrate the compass at your flight location before take off after the home point is set.
2018-5-14
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had a strange but similar issue where it was switching from boomerang to helix or dronie yesterday. I assumed it was because i accidentally caught a different quickshot mode with my hand on my phone before it did the quickshot. I need to test this out.
2018-5-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-5-14 11:24
I had a strange but similar issue where it was switching from boomerang to helix or dronie yesterday. I assumed it was because i accidentally caught a different quickshot mode with my hand on my phone before it did the quickshot. I need to test this out.

Well it can't be affecting all MA's as mine worked perfectly on all six quick shots so perhaps it's best you try the refresh too. There does seem to be a few bugs in this latest FW though - precision landing is very unpredictable now and many have complained about motor over current warnings popping up a lot... Seems a few are experiencing quick shot selection issues too now. May be I'm just lucky LOL though precision landing is no where near 100% every time.
2018-5-14
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-5-14 14:58
Well it can't be affecting all MA's as mine worked perfectly on all six quick shots so perhaps it's best you try the refresh too. There does seem to be a few bugs in this latest FW though - precision landing is very unpredictable now and many have complained about motor over current warnings popping up a lot... Seems a few are experiencing quick shot selection issues too now. May be I'm just lucky LOL though precision landing is no where near 100% every time.

Im worried refreshing the FW might introduce the issues that others have experienced.
2018-5-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-5-14 15:54
Im worried refreshing the FW might introduce the issues that others have experienced.

It's only a small handful of users mate - there will be thousands with no problems. Try using the quick shots again and if you experience problems after taking your time with the selections then give the refresh a try using Assistant 2 - no point flying a drone that doesn't work as it should - if that's the case of course.
2018-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules