Tello Picture/Video Problems
Home / TELLO /
10641 7 2018-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MylesV10
lvl.1

I just picked up a Tello, and I am impressed with everything except for the camera. The physical camera is fine, but the digital media is not. Whenever I try to take a photo, the screen flashes like it's supposed to, and the "click" sound plays, but it doesn't save the photo. I have tried checking right after I take the photo, and restarting the app. The videos are even worse. When I click the "record" button, the app just crashes. The drone has no reaction until I reopen the app. I have tried triggering video from the Intelligent Flight Modes, but it still crashes. I have had 2 previous (not DJI) camera drones, and some moderate technical experience. Any help?

Phone Specs:

Samsung Galaxy S8

Android Version 8.0.0

Kernel Version 4.4.78

I also have an iPad that says the app is "not comparable" with it.
2018-5-14
Use props
Sean Doughtie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36598 ft

On iOS the photos and videos reside inside the app. Someone said that on android the are in a separate folder.

Inside the app, under settings, you can choose the maximum bitrate and photo quality...
2018-5-14
Use props
MylesV10
lvl.1
United States

OK, so I got it to take videos now. But it still doesn't save them.
2018-5-14
Use props
Sean Doughtie
lvl.2
United States

MylesV10 Posted at 2018-5-14 17:07
OK, so I got it to take videos now. But it still doesn't save them.

Can you play them inside the Tello App?
2018-5-14
Use props
MylesV10
lvl.1
United States

No, I had that problem from the start. I tried to connect the phone to my Windows 10 computer, but the phone didn't show up. I'm trying to figure that out, too.
2018-5-15
Use props
Sean Doughtie
lvl.2

I have to use the photo app in windows 10 to retrieve the photos.
2018-5-15
Use props
MylesV10
lvl.1

Sean Doughtie Posted at 2018-5-15 11:49
I have to use the photo app in windows 10 to retrieve the photos.

I performed a restart of the phone. Don't have my Tello on me, so I'll test it later. What do you mean by "photo app"? I know what it is, but how do you access the photos? And the videos are the ones I want the most.
2018-5-15
Use props
MylesV10
lvl.1

OK, I solved it. I hadn't enabled storage permissions in "Settings ---> Apps ---> TELLO ---> Permissions". I feel stupid, but at least it's fixed.
2018-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules