Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark Internal Storage
12879 10 2018-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_95LoVTTxNcTg
New
Canada

I have not been able to figure out how to retrieve the original photos and videos from the Internal Storage of the Spark. From what I understand, the videos that I see in the DJI Go 4 app are low-quality cached versions. So, how do I get the original videos from the Spark? I've tried connecting the Spark to my MacBook using cables (both the one provided and a different one that I have) but I don't see a removable drive show up.
2018-5-14
Use props
simpledrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 539915 ft
United States

Do you have a micro SD card installed in the Spark?
2018-5-14
Use props
KurtVD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 365299 ft
Switzerland

The Spark has no internal memory, unless you install an SD card. If you have installed an SD card, it will (should) show up if you connect the Spark to your computer via USB cable. The cached files are stored on your phone, there is a setting in the DJI GO app where you can set the size limit of the cache. I have never quite figured out how to retrieve the cached files and save them, but then I never really tried, since I never needed them.
2018-5-14
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think the Spark will even allow you to take pics or video unless you have a SD Card installed. Just retrieve your card and download your media.
2018-5-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, the Mavic Air is the only DJI drone that has internal storage.
2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please follow the advice above. The pictures in the phone are cache files. Please use SD card to store the original footage. Here is the recommended SD card for your reference:
Sandisk 16GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Sandisk 32GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Sandisk 64GB UHS-1 Micro SDXC
Kinston 16GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Kinston 32GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Kinston 64GB UHS-1 Micro SDXC
Samsung 16G UHS-I Micro SDHC
Samsung 32G UHS-I Micro SDHC
Samsung 64G UHS-I Micro SDXC
2018-5-15
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

As stated, the craft needs an SD card. IF you do have an SD card and you are trying to read it as a USB drive while hooked to your PC. My first thought is to make sure the craft is ON while attempting to access it?
2018-5-16
Use props
djiuser_95LoVTTxNcTg
New
Canada

KurtVD Posted at 2018-5-14 18:41
The Spark has no internal memory, unless you install an SD card. If you have installed an SD card, it will (should) show up if you connect the Spark to your computer via USB cable. The cached files are stored on your phone, there is a setting in the DJI GO app where you can set the size limit of the cache. I have never quite figured out how to retrieve the cached files and save them, but then I never really tried, since I never needed them.

Thanks for your reply! I got confused with the Mavic Air (which does have an internal storage). Turns out if the Spark does not have a micro SD card installed, it will directly store the photos and videos on the DJI Go 4 app from the live stream. I also figured out how to get those photos and videos out of the app. I connected my iPhone to my computer and then used iTunes to get them.
2018-5-16
Use props
1RadCJ5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 217418 ft
United States

djiuser_95LoVTTxNcTg Posted at 2018-5-16 04:56
Thanks for your reply! I got confused with the Mavic Air (which does have an internal storage). Turns out if the Spark does not have a micro SD card installed, it will directly store the photos and videos on the DJI Go 4 app from the live stream. I also figured out how to get those photos and videos out of the app. I connected my iPhone to my computer and then used iTunes to get them.

Thank You for that tidbit of info! My SD card should be here today, but thanks to this info, I was able to get footage of my 1st flight by going into the DJI folder on my android and finding it. Rather boring, but still fun! Thanks again!
2019-3-2
Use props
weseli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38402 ft

Serbia

You can download full quality images and vides only when you connect drone again with your phone. than gou to album in dji go app and download pic or video and it will be in original quality.
2019-3-2
Use props
Kyrameru
New
Flight distance : 2707 ft
France

Hello, I've taken photos with my Spark drone but I couldn't find them in the SD card when I connected it to my computer. Then, when I checked the SD card with the DJI Go app, it said "internal storage file system error".
Is it a problem coming from the card or the drone ?
(sorry if my english is bad, I'm from France)
2020-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules