Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Fun Video edit of a Spark Flight
861 15 2018-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oldmaninwva
First Officer
Flight distance : 9750253 ft
United States

Had Sparky out yesterday and played around with the vid editor...  Enjoy....  

2018-5-14
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Captain
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

Ha ha, nice. Liked the "crash". Did you stop it yourself or was that obstacle avoidance at work?
2018-5-14
Use props
Hioctane Cyrus
First Officer
Flight distance : 45289 ft
United Kingdom

That was a close call with the tree!
2018-5-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good work!     
2018-5-14
Use props
dj_dread
Captain
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

more than a close call!
nice work!
2018-5-15
Use props
Oldmaninwva
First Officer
United States

Prairie Chicken Posted at 2018-5-14 19:37
Ha ha, nice. Liked the "crash". Did you stop it yourself or was that obstacle avoidance at work?

That was both....  I had looked away from the screen for just a few seconds to walk around my vehicle when I'm assuming that my thumb on the right stick shifted it just left of center.  as I looked back down at the screen I saw the branches and leaves and released the controls.  I figured it went straight in with no severe issues so I backed it out, shaved a few leaves in the process, then turned right a bit to get out.

Definitely  a close call.
2018-5-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Oops.
Good thing you did not crash and even better there was not a train passing by full speed (the drag might have been an issue...)
Next time try to film a train
(oh, and stay away from the tracks + trees to avoid accidents)
2018-5-15
Use props
Oldmaninwva
First Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-5-15 02:50
Oops.
Good thing you did not crash and even better there was not a train passing by full speed (the drag might have been an issue...)
Next time try to film a train

Those same tracks, about a mile away run right behind my house, last summer I had my P4 out and was running along the tracks when I did notice a train coming...  I hovered over the tracks about 40 ft as the train went directly under me..  the P4 held it's ground very well, had another flight later that week where I positioned it along side the tracks and was down only 12 to 15 off the ground and 15 ft away, still the wake of the train did not budge the P4, the positioning held it solid.

The Spark was probably 40 to 50 ft above the tracks on that vid.
2018-5-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Oldmaninwva Posted at 2018-5-15 03:13
Those same tracks, about a mile away run right behind my house, last summer I had my P4 out and was running along the tracks when I did notice a train coming...  I hovered over the tracks about 40 ft as the train went directly under me..  the P4 held it's ground very well, had another flight later that week where I positioned it along side the tracks and was down only 12 to 15 off the ground and 15 ft away, still the wake of the train did not budge the P4, the positioning held it solid.

The Spark was probably 40 to 50 ft above the tracks on that vid.

I know it should be able to do just that.
Although it does depend on the speed and type of train.
Sometimes when I am trainspotting and there is an empty lumber train passing by full speed, I really have to hold my camera + tripod or it will tip over.
2018-5-15
Use props
BRentAP03
First Officer
Flight distance : 74872 ft
United States

You handled that very well!
2018-5-15
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Captain
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

Oldmaninwva Posted at 2018-5-15 00:40
That was both....  I had looked away from the screen for just a few seconds to walk around my vehicle when I'm assuming that my thumb on the right stick shifted it just left of center.  as I looked back down at the screen I saw the branches and leaves and released the controls.  I figured it went straight in with no severe issues so I backed it out, shaved a few leaves in the process, then turned right a bit to get out.

Definitely  a close call.

Close call but a successful recovery. Good job.

Those sticks can be touchy. My Spark will sometimes wander or yaw inexplicably until I realize I'm pushing a stick slightly off center. One more thing I need to keep in mind when I'm flying it.
2018-5-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

You are lucky the drone didn't crash, please avoid flying near the tree branches and the lines, I'm nervous to watch your footage, thank God you made it.
2018-5-19
Use props
Oldmaninwva
First Officer

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-19 23:46
You are lucky the drone didn't crash, please avoid flying near the tree branches and the lines, I'm nervous to watch your footage, thank God you made it.

Yes mother...   . Hehe
2018-5-21
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

nice one keep it up
2018-6-18
Use props
Ronnie.Choy
First Officer
Flight distance : 1261211 ft