Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Advice Please?
1830 14 2018-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lethal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 71096 ft
Australia

I am running my P4 with last updates done in Jan, 2017 and have the following firmware:

App:        3.1.2
A/C:        1.02.602
R/C:        1.8.0
I/Padmini2:    not updated since Jan 2017

Did not fly for 3 months mid last year and when I resumed, so many were having issues with the July? update, decided not to until update was resolved. Have since had many trouble free flights however recently have started to have intermittent "Aicraft Disconnected" screens and it gives a black screen. Oddly, craft is still responsive and can still take photos that are very very dark (can't see anything on screen from camera but all readouts appear ok.
Again, this is intermittent and sometimes, like the gimbal issue, a simply landing and reset fixes the problem and sometimes not. Generally get one good flight a day but often, that one is it and it simply will not come good for some hours (seems like it needs to get cold but have 5 batteries and same with them all).

2 issues here - first is when disconnect screen shows, is there away of safely trying to reconnect whilst in the air or is it simply a case of landing.

Secondly, I am loathe to update firmware as it works 60% of the time and I tend to do short flights but I am getting frustrated with it. From reading the posts, some other owners are having similar issue but they are allmost all using much later firmware and what I am using wasn't generaly known for the disconnect issue I think.

Any suggestions? (other than bite the bullet and up date firmware) but am happy to listen to any advice

Thanks,

Lethal

2018-5-14
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

It sounds like you have flaky firmware. There is nothing to be lost from updating aircraft, controller and the Go App to the latest version. You could hardly end up worse off.
2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Lethal, may I know what's the current OS of your iPad? You can also connect the aircraft with DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware for troubleshooting.
2018-5-14
Use props
Lethal
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-14 23:20
Hey Lethal, may I know what's the current OS of your iPad? You can also connect the aircraft with DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware for troubleshooting.

Hi Susan,
Version 10.1.1

Regards
2018-5-14
Use props
Lethal
lvl.4
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2018-5-14 22:10
It sounds like you have flaky firmware. There is nothing to be lost from updating aircraft, controller and the Go App to the latest version. You could hardly end up worse off.

Geebax,
thank you for responding. I am not software orientated but is it possible to do the required updates in stages or once the DJI Go app is updated, it will demand the updates for the aircraft, batteries & RC?

Regards
2018-5-14
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Lethal Posted at 2018-5-14 23:42
Geebax,
thank you for responding. I am not software orientated but is it possible to do the required updates in stages or once the DJI Go app is updated, it will demand the updates for the aircraft, batteries & RC?

Often you have to update the whole suite, and that's where people get into trouble.
2018-5-15
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Lethal Posted at 2018-5-14 23:42
Geebax,
thank you for responding. I am not software orientated but is it possible to do the required updates in stages or once the DJI Go app is updated, it will demand the updates for the aircraft, batteries & RC?

For the RC to work correctly with the latest P4 firmware (V02.00.0700) the RC must be updated to V1.9.3 as well.

There are never any 100% guarantees that all will work first time. But for the most part the latest updates are regarded as stable and few problems reported.
2018-5-15
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can tell you that the latest firmware update for the Phantom 4 is right on spot. It takes care of the video transmission, Lost GPS signal, and Aircraft  disconnect warnings. A must update. The DJI team really nailed it on the latest update.
2018-5-15
Use props
proimages
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft

Latest update did not work with two RC controllers and its a one way ticket..DJI is replacing one and still waiting for results on other. Put me oout of business. 2 birds at once one way update hell.
Everything perfect before update..one only had four flights. Maybe try calibrations before updates and see if you can do RC first 1.9.2 if not your hosed..One was in warranty one was not should I have to buy a new controller with every update? two months out of warranty? This happened with my Ronin as well. I'm begging that they start keeping a software history available it not fair to force updates and take out working equipment.
2018-5-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Lethal Posted at 2018-5-14 23:39
Hi Susan,
Version 10.1.1

Thanks for getting back to us. Have you tried to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 as I suggested? It is recommended to update all to the latest version to check the exact status. Please keep us posted on the latest progress, thanks!
2018-5-18
Use props
Lethal
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-18 02:47
Thanks for getting back to us. Have you tried to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 as I suggested? It is recommended to update all to the latest version to check the exact status. Please keep us posted on the latest progress, thanks!

Susan,
thank you again for your assistance. As I currently have no great wish to update firmware, I am concerned that connecting to DJI Assistant 2 will force me to upgrade the A/C, R/C etc - is that the case?
2018-5-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Lethal Posted at 2018-5-19 16:51
Susan,
thank you again for your assistance. As I currently have no great wish to update firmware, I am concerned that connecting to DJI Assistant 2 will force me to upgrade the A/C, R/C etc - is that the case?

Lethal, we're not sure whether it is hardware glitches or software issue, so advise you troubleshooting first. If still no luck, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for diagnosis.
2018-5-24
Use props
Lethal
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-24 00:34
Lethal, we're not sure whether it is hardware glitches or software issue, so advise you troubleshooting first. If still no luck, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for diagnosis.

Hi Susan, thank you for responding. I am away from home working for the next week or so and didn't bring A/C with me as I do not have time to fly    
Will pick this up again when I get home and advise.
Many thanks
2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Lethal Posted at 2018-5-24 16:24
Hi Susan, thank you for responding. I am away from home working for the next week or so and didn't bring A/C with me as I do not have time to fly   
Will pick this up again when I get home and advise.
Many thanks

My pleasure. Feel free to contact us if there is anything else we can help.
2018-5-28
Use props
david_eberhardt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51486 ft

I have a Phantom 4. I have all the latest updates to every component of the system including the latest ios software on my iPad Pro.  Everything is working perfectly. I use the dji assistant for doing updates as well. I will add the sometimes that dji Assistant is a little flaky; during one update it seemed to freeze at 99%. I keep researching and studying how to maintain and operate my Phantom - there are many good videos on the Internet and places like these forums to keep increasing my knowledge.
2018-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules