Problems with DJI Racing Combo & firmware updates
2694 20 2018-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yrjoah
lvl.4
Finland

I have Goggles RE and two sets of Ocusync Air Units in my quads.

The first firmware V01.00.0100 for Goggles RE works fine (except that 960p video feed is over-exposed) but the later fw updates V01.00.0200, V01.00.0300 and V01.00.0400 all have problems with video streaming. Video is jerky. It looks like frame rate of the display is very low or the video link drops frames constantly. I wonder if there is some kind of frame rate mismatch between the Ocusync Air Unit and the goggles (50/60fps)? FW V01.00.0100 is the only firmware version which provides me smooth live video and high enough frame rate.

The other issue is that 960p video feed is over exposed. Relase notes claim that this problem is fixed but it is still alive in V01.00.0300 & V01.00.0400.

2018-5-14
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yes these are known problems, they're making the rounds on rcgroups also. The 0100 firmware is the only working firmware available right now; all the later versions are basically fatally broken and unusable with the air unit. As long as you avoid 960p and don't use the "auto" setting for frequency selection (very bad range problems with that setting) 0100 is acceptable. When all this will be fixed, nobody knows....

Here's the rcgroups thread link, go to the last 10 pages or so:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... gles-Racing-Edition

2018-5-15
Use props
Kryml Munsta
Second Officer
Flight distance : 185262 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I think i have the same issue for some time now.
When flying less than 100m away the video transmission/framerate is becoming very slow and video quality is extremely pixelated.
I have two air units and both show the same symptoms. Until now i had no idea what the reason is. Also Googel RE is warning me about "low signal quality" (less than 100m distance).
I will try going back to FW V01.00.0100 (on the googels) which seems to be the only FW not showing these symptoms this weekend.

I hope DJI will be able to fix this very soon, as the latest changes to OSD were great - but currently it's not flyable
2018-5-15
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yes, the "auto" frequency selection function is broken. Intermittent severely reduced range is the symptom. You can work around it by hard-assigning an actual channel on either 2.4 or 5.8 ghz, which will restore full range, even with the 0100 firmware this will work.

I believe DJI is aware of this too, but like all the other problems, nobody but them knows when or if these will be fixed.
2018-5-15
Use props
Kryml Munsta
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

luciens Posted at 2018-5-15 14:24
Yes, the "auto" frequency selection function is broken. Intermittent severely reduced range is the symptom. You can work around it by hard-assigning an actual channel on either 2.4 or 5.8 ghz, which will restore full range, even with the 0100 firmware this will work.

I believe DJI is aware of this too, but like all the other problems, nobody but them knows when or if these will be fixed.

did you meanthe Workaround (manual frequency selection) will work "even with 0400 firmware"?

Today i downgraded the googles (only the googles) back to FW 0100 and everything seems to be back to normal (range , video quality and framerate)
2018-5-16
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Kryml Munsta Posted at 2018-5-16 10:21
did you meanthe Workaround (manual frequency selection) will work "even with 0400 firmware"?

Today i downgraded the googles (only the googles) back to FW 0100 and everything seems to be back to normal (range , video quality and framerate)

Interesting - that would indicate the goggle firmware is probably at fault.... But yes I meant the manual frequency selection workaround works with 0100. I don't know if it works with the later firmwares (but I assume it does). Nor do I know if the auto freq. selection problem is fixed in any later firmware either, but nothing is said about it in the release notes of any newer firmware, so I assume not.

I have both my air unit and RE goggles at 0100 and that's where they're going to stay until the firmware finally gets fixed....
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, all. Please ensure that your OcuSync Air Unit is also updated. I would recommend you update it again and see if it works better. Please connect the video transmission module to a PC with a USB cable. Open DJI Assistant 2 and choose the firmware version you need. Proceed with the firmware update. In addition, please ensure that you download the DJI Assistant 2 in the Goggles RE section and you need to connect camera module. If the problem remains, please contact us, thanks.
2018-5-17
Use props
Yrjoah
lvl.4
Finland

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-17 00:33
Hi, all. Please ensure that your OcuSync Air Unit is also updated. I would recommend you update it again and see if it works better. Please connect the video transmission module to a PC with a USB cable. Open DJI Assistant 2 and choose the firmware version you need. Proceed with the firmware update. In addition, please ensure that you download the DJI Assistant 2 in the Goggles RE section and you need to connect camera module. If the problem remains, please contact us, thanks.

I have the latest version of Dji assistant 2 in my PC and I have re-installed every FW version from 0100 to 0400 and the problems still remain. 960p is over-exposed. FW V01.00.0100 is the only software that provides smooth video feed.
2018-5-17
Use props
Kryml Munsta
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Hi Electra.
In my case, Googels Re and Air Unit (including camera) were updated to latest FW (0400) and range/video-quality/framerate become very bad (i tested on two different Air Systems).
I also reinstalled FW 0400 several times without getting better.
But when downgraden Googles RE to FW 0100 seems to fix the range/video-quality issue even if FW on the Air Unit remains at 0400. So most probably it's something in the Goggel's part of the firmware.

Thanks for your support
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, all. If you have the same problem and the method in 7# does not work, please tell me the model of the antenna from goggles and Air Unit. Can you shoot a picture of it?  
2018-5-17
Use props
Yrjoah
lvl.4
Finland

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-17 02:19
Hi, all. If you have the same problem and the method in 7# does not work, please tell me the model of the antenna from goggles and Air Unit. Can you shoot a picture of it?

The problem is not related to a spesific antenna because reception is good for the whole flying range. It must be a software problem because it appeared with FW 01.00.0200 and later. The first FW 01.00.0100 works without issues.
2018-5-17
Use props
Yrjoah
lvl.4
Finland

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-17 02:19

The problem is not related to a specific antenna setup because reception is good for the whole flying range. It must be a software problem because this issue appeared with FW 01.00.0200 and later firmware updates. The first FW 01.00.0100 works without issues. I have two pair of goggles and two air units and this problem is re-productable with both of them.
2018-5-17
Use props
Skyp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9656 ft
Hong Kong

Yrjoah Posted at 2018-5-17 03:40
The problem is not related to a spesific antenna because reception is good for the whole flying range. It must be a software problem because it appeared with FW 01.00.0200 and later. The first FW 01.00.0100 works without issues.

I've just made a fly with the Air unit. About 100m height and 200m far away, not any problem here with the 400 firmware. Both the Goggles and Air unit were upgraded and using the dipole antennas on the Air unit.
2018-5-17
Use props
Yrjoah
lvl.4
Finland

Skyp Posted at 2018-5-17 04:06
I've just made a fly with the Air unit. About 100m height and 200m far away, not any problem here with the 400 firmware. Both the Goggles and Air unit were upgraded and using the dipole antennas on the Air unit.

In my case the problem is not related to distance between the tx & Rx. Picture doesn't break up or freeze totally. It looks like a some kind of frame rate mismatch. The display drops frames in a regular pattern. It is hard to demonstrate because video looks smooth when I record a flight with my goggles. It is just live video on the display that looks jerky.
2018-5-17
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-17 00:33

These are known problems with all the newer firmware versions. They've already been reported (hopefully) to DJI via the thread on rcgroups.
The 0200 and later firmware versions are all currently unusable with the air unit due to the jerking video feed primarily and all the other problems secondarily. The 0100 version is still the only firmware that gives smooth video and so it's the only usable firmware currently available for the air unit.

the 960p resolution is unusable in all firmware versions though due to the overexposure problem. Hopefully that'll be fixed eventually as well. We hope .
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Yrjoah Posted at 2018-5-17 04:23
In my case the problem is not related to distance between the tx & Rx. Picture doesn't break up or freeze totally. It looks like a some kind of frame rate mismatch. The display drops frames in a regular pattern. It is hard to demonstrate because video looks smooth when I record a flight with my goggles. It is just live video on the display that looks jerky.

I see. Your doubt will be forwarded. It will be really helpful if you can provide us the video with lag. You can upload to dropbox and post the link here for further check.
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

luciens Posted at 2018-5-17 07:25
These are known problems with all the newer firmware versions. They've already been reported (hopefully) to DJI via the thread on rcgroups.
The 0200 and later firmware versions are all currently unusable with the air unit due to the jerking video feed primarily and all the other problems secondarily. The 0100 version is still the only firmware that gives smooth video and so it's the only usable firmware currently available for the air unit.

Thanks for your feedback. The problem you encounter with goggles will be forwarded. Please wait patiently, I will update here if there is any news.
2018-5-17
Use props
Kryml Munsta
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Today i did some further testing and live-video-recording on the googels:

First i downgraded and tested tested FW 0100 inflight. Smooth video, good range and video quality

Googels RE FW 01.00.0100

Then i upgraded every FW-version one after another and repeated the test-flight until i reached FW 0400.
It is strange, but the extreme low-range problem (less than 200m) was gone afterwards even at FW 0400.

Googels RE FW 01.00.0400

but still the lower live video quality at FW 0400 can be seen at the second video.
And while the video at FW0 100 was smooth at FW 0400 the video was 'stuttering' every second or so some frames are lost.
But this is only seen on the googel's display and not on the googel's live-recording

At FW 0400 i tried to disable all the OSD options to see if this has any effect but the video transmission did not get any smoother.

I hope this will help DJI to improve the current firmware

2018-5-18
Use props
Yrjoah
lvl.4
Ireland

Kryml Munsta Posted at 2018-5-18 12:19
Today i did some further testing and live-video-recording on the googels:

First i downgraded and tested tested FW 0100 inflight. Smooth video, good range and video quality

I took a couple of screenshots to demonstrate 960p over-exposure problem. There is FW 01.00.0400 installed into my googles & Ocusync Air Unit. See how the sky looks in 720p mode compared to 960p mode.
2018-5-25
Use props
Kryml Munsta
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Firmware .500 seems to be working fine again - tested it today with my 6inch-Inav-Copter

LiveView recording at Googles RE:

2018-7-7
Use props
Picofly
lvl.4
Finland

Yes, 0500 runs video nice and smoothly. .
2018-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules