Compass calibration issue
1631 30 2018-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gala
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8035 ft

Please advice: It seams that I have an issue with the compass  calibration operation. I got the compass calibration error indoors. I  tried several times to calibrate it and in step 2 the calibration  operation exits with no message,  gowing back to live view screen. I got  outside and the story happend the same. I tried all the methods seen on  youtube and none give results. I did not have issues like this prior last firmware  update. Thank you!
2018-5-15
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

If you are attempting to calibrate the compass indoors, that is the problem.

You MUST calibrate the compass outdoors, preferably in a wide open field, far away from any metallic objects, or anything that might cause magnetic interference.

Take the drone outdoors into a nice open area, then perform the calibration there.
Also, even if you calibrate successfully outdoors, the compasss will likely still not function indoors, and this is expected, due to the large amounts of objects, structures, devices inside that will interfere with the compass.
2018-5-15
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Take a look here.  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=148378
2018-5-15
Use props
Gala
lvl.2

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-5-15 09:47
If you are attempting to calibrate the compass indoors, that is the problem.

You MUST calibrate the compass outdoors, preferably in a wide open field, far away from any metallic objects, or anything that might cause magnetic interference.

Thank you, but after that I got outdoors the same story occurred. In addition ussualy the compass calibration operation does not just exists without any message.  Same thing happend indoors and outdoors ( its like a software bug)
2018-5-15
Use props
Gala
lvl.2

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-15 09:50
Take a look here.  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=148378

Yes, I've read that post. It is useful, but I encountered another issue. The steps from that post are for a good compass calibration. My issue is that I can not compleate any compass calibration, because in step 2 it exists to live view screen.
2018-5-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Gala Posted at 2018-5-15 09:56
Yes, I've read that post. It is useful, but I encountered another issue. The steps from that post are for a good compass calibration. My issue is that I can not compleate any compass calibration, because in step 2 it exists to live view screen.

Try a firmware refresh, imu recal when cold and then go to an open field and do the compass calibration
2018-5-15
Use props
Gala
lvl.2

Suren Posted at 2018-5-15 11:16
Try a firmware refresh, imu recal when cold and then go to an open field and do the compass calibration

Thank you! How can I do a firmware refresh? I only used DJI GO 4 app. I guess that DJI Assistant can perform a firmware refresh.
2018-5-15
Use props
Gala
lvl.2

I did the firmware refresh for the MA, but when I try to connect the RC it does not show in DJI assistant 2 and I can hear how it connects and disconnects from USB. I tried on two PC both with Windows 10 OS.
2018-5-15
Use props
Gala
lvl.2

Problem solved with the RC and Windows 10.  There is a compatibility issue between DJI software and Windows 10 OS.
2018-5-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

hope it works now after this, keep us posted
2018-5-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Gala Posted at 2018-5-15 13:34
Problem solved with the RC and Windows 10.  There is a compatibility issue between DJI software and Windows 10 OS.

There is a compatibility issue between DJI software and

Color me Shocked!        Glad you got it resolved!
2018-5-15
Use props
Gala
lvl.2

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-15 19:32
There is a compatibility issue between DJI software and

Color me Shocked!        Glad you got it resolved!

The issue is present just for the new owners. DJI Assistant 2 does not contain same drivers as the older versions. Anyway there are some changes to do in Windows OS and then you have to run as administrator a previous DJI Assistant version and the current one.  The procedure is on DJI forum ( several other posts)  and it was found by other members.
2018-5-16
Use props
Gala
lvl.2

Suren Posted at 2018-5-15 19:25
hope it works now after this, keep us posted

I will do a IMU calibration now, and I will install the app also to another phone. Today I will test it.
2018-5-16
Use props
Gala
lvl.2

Guys, now I am having another issue. What was happening yesterday with the RC and PC today is happening when I try to connect RC to phone. It keeps connecting and disconnecting.I am pretty upset with what is going one.
2018-5-16
Use props
Gala
lvl.2

I did a check to RC in DJI Assistant 2 and there was no firmware on it???? I did the upgrade on PC and after trying to connect to phone I did get again the message regarding a new firmware for the RC. Very strange and unacceptable.  
2018-5-16
Use props
Gala
lvl.2

I solved the last issue after I tried for the third time to refresh RC firmware and got an error message. I reinstaled the last version on DJI assistant 2 and I did a new refresh. Now the RC does not disconnect anymore from phone and I did manage to do an IMU calibration.  I will test the drone today but there were way to many software errors on ground ( hope I will not get them flying)
2018-5-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Gala Posted at 2018-5-16 02:57
The issue is present just for the new owners. DJI Assistant 2 does not contain same drivers as the older versions. Anyway there are some changes to do in Windows OS and then you have to run as administrator a previous DJI Assistant version and the current one.  The procedure is on DJI forum ( several other posts)  and it was found by other members.

Evidently similar problem exists for Macs running OS X.  
Except, running Assistant-2 as Administrator does not help.
2018-5-16
Use props
Gala
lvl.2

I tested it and it was impossible to calibrate the compass. Also my phone started again to disconnect from RC. I was out in a field far from any magnetic or metal surface. From there I went to the seller and I got a refund for it, as the MA was new.
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Gala Posted at 2018-5-16 11:03
I tested it and it was impossible to calibrate the compass. Also my phone started again to disconnect from RC. I was out in a field far from any magnetic or metal surface. From there I went to the seller and I got a refund for it, as the MA was new.

Sorry to hear the difficulties. You had returned the drone and got the refund, right? Please feel free to let me know if there is any further help needed.
2018-5-20
Use props
Gala
lvl.2

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-20 23:53
Sorry to hear the difficulties. You had returned the drone and got the refund, right? Please feel free to let me know if there is any further help needed.

I've returned it for a replacement. At first the seller was not sure if they will receive the product soon. Today I will get the new one but I guess I will not open it untill next firmware. What worries me is that I can not use DJI Assistant 2 because in Windows 10 the RC is not recognized.
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Gala Posted at 2018-5-21 03:14
I've returned it for a replacement. At first the seller was not sure if they will receive the product soon. Today I will get the new one but I guess I will not open it untill next firmware. What worries me is that I can not use DJI Assistant 2 because in Windows 10 the RC is not recognized.

I'd suggest checking the drone and ensure that everything works fine when receiving the drone.
As for the DJI Assistant 2 issue, may I know which version of DJI Assistant 2 you're using? The latest version is v1.2.4, you can try to reinstall it at https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
If the RC is still not recognized, I can provide you with a driver for test. Please let me know if you would like to access it. Thank you.
2018-5-22
Use props
Gala
lvl.2

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-22 21:30
I'd suggest checking the drone and ensure that everything works fine when receiving the drone.
As for the DJI Assistant 2 issue, may I know which version of DJI Assistant 2 you're using? The latest version is v1.2.4, you can try to reinstall it at https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
If the RC is still not recognized, I can provide you with a driver for test. Please let me know if you would like to access it. Thank you.

I was using the previous DJI Assistant 2 version because that was the last version then.l I will install the last version and please send me the driver for Windows 10 64 bit. Thank you!
2018-5-23
Use props
Gala
lvl.2

I did some indoors tests and I see that the gimbal up/down movement its not smooth. I adjusted the settings that helps with this and I am using the same seetings as I did with my previous MA.  Did the latest firmware changed somethings regarding the gimbal movement?
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Gala Posted at 2018-5-23 06:44
I did some indoors tests and I see that the gimbal up/down movement its not smooth. I adjusted the settings that helps with this and I am using the same seetings as I did with my previous MA.  Did the latest firmware changed somethings regarding the gimbal movement?

You had also requested the driver in another post, right? I had sent you the link, have you tested it?
As for the new firmware, as you can see on the latest release note, it did not change the gimbal movement. But still good to know that you had worked it out in your drone.
2018-5-23
Use props
Gala
lvl.2

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-23 22:24
You had also requested the driver in another post, right? I had sent you the link, have you tested it?
As for the new firmware, as you can see on the latest release note, it did not change the gimbal movement. But still good to know that you had worked it out in your drone.

Yes I have, and you sent a driver to me. If its the same one I do nt need it again. I was not sure if it  is the same version as the one you already sent.Thank you! I will try it only if Il have  to do a firmware refresh, because I do not want to repet the issues that I had last time after using DJI Assistent 2 ( phone disconnecting in DJI Go4 app from RC)
2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Gala Posted at 2018-5-24 03:02
Yes I have, and you sent a driver to me. If its the same one I do nt need it again. I was not sure if it  is the same version as the one you already sent.Thank you! I will try it only if Il have  to do a firmware refresh, because I do not want to repet the issues that I had last time after using DJI Assistent 2 ( phone disconnecting in DJI Go4 app from RC)

It's the same version. That's okay.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me/our support at any time, we're glad to help.
2018-5-24
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Dear DJI Thor,
    Is there any chace i send my drone to China or HongKong for completely check, fix with blurry image? Thanks.
2018-5-24
Use props
Gala
lvl.2
Romania

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-24 22:16
It's the same version. That's okay.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me/our support at any time, we're glad to help.

Thank you!
2018-5-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Optimus Prime-Mavic Air Posted at 2018-5-24 23:25
Dear DJI Thor,
    Is there any chace i send my drone to China or HongKong for completely check, fix with blurry image? Thanks.

I am sorry for the delay. May I know if you are located in Vietnam? If so, I suggest contacting the local dealer for further help if a repair is needed. Thank you for understanding.
2018-6-6
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-6-6 22:46
I am sorry for the delay. May I know if you are located in Vietnam? If so, I suggest contacting the local dealer for further help if a repair is needed. Thank you for understanding.

I have sold mine and plan to get new one. I live in Ho Chi Minh city, can you suggest place that i can get it with warranty and purchase DJI Care? Thank you very much.
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Optimus Prime-Mavic Air Posted at 2018-6-6 23:33
I have sold mine and plan to get new one. I live in Ho Chi Minh city, can you suggest place that i can get it with warranty and purchase DJI Care? Thank you very much.

I suggest that you purchase the drone from the local authorized retailer. You can check the authorized stores at https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy?site=brandsite&from=footer
Sorry to tell that Vietnam does not support DJI Care Refresh at this moment.
2018-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules