Brand new Mavic prothe controller does not start.. also won't charge
1252 14 2018-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
INF3RN040
New

Hi ,
i bought 2 hours ago a brand new DJI Mavic Pro (Fly more combo)
i come home ,plug ,charge,install everything... but there is one problem ,the controller does not start.. also won't charge. (nothing appears on screen)

So i think its DOA , i bring it back to the store ,they give me another brand new one .

Coming home  ,plug ,charge,install everything  nope those controller also won't start (nothing appears on screen) also won't charge.. and 1 of the 3 batterys wont charge.

im so badly frustrated ,can somebody help me please ?  i'tried another micro usb cable for the controller but does not help..

2018-5-15
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Please take a pic of how you are charging.  You are using the side micro port  on left side right?  Also what are you plugging the usb cable into in order to charge?  Would suggest 2amp output.  I would try plugging into different power outlet to try.  Not sure how much but think these take a bit more than your standard usb ports may output power wise.  
2018-5-15
Use props
INF3RN040
New

here

Also is it normal that one battery is charging and the other 2 not ?
2018-5-15
Use props
INF3RN040
New

OMG im so stupid it was the side port .....  facepalm  im a big idiot
2018-5-15
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

INF3RN040 Posted at 2018-5-15 10:04
OMG im so stupid it was the side port .....  facepalm

And the battery charging hub will charge one battery at a time...... it's not broken lol welcome to the forum by the way.
2018-5-15
Use props
INF3RN040
New

M2Wair Posted at 2018-5-15 10:07
And the battery charging hub will charge one battery at a time...... it's not broken lol welcome to the forum by the way.

Thanks .... and whats the point of 4 docking units then ? so its charge when its full its charge automatically the other one ?

Also thanyou  @SparksBird     lol  I am feeling so ashamed ..
the usb port underside of the controller ,is it for firmware upgrade ?!
2018-5-15
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

INF3RN040 Posted at 2018-5-15 10:11
Thanks .... and whats the point of 4 docking units then ? so its charge when its full its charge automatically the other one ?

The hub will charge each battery in turn. Trust me it makes a massive difference when charging numerous batteries, you're not backwards and forwards.

And certainly don't feel ashamed, no reason to feel ashamed everybody here have made mistakes at one stage or another and all are here to help each other out.
2018-5-15
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

I'd also recommend you read the manual again.  Seems you missed a few things
2018-5-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

At least you got your answer. Good Advice given above.

Welcome to the Dji Pro club. Read the manual which you can download a full one online at least 2 times or more before you decide to fly and watch alto of youtube videos on do's and dont's. Very easy to make mistakes and hard to learn from. Take it wasy and look after your drone and it will fly for a long time, do not rush things.

Fly Far and Fly Safe Friend
2018-5-15
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

INF3RN040 Posted at 2018-5-15 10:11
Thanks .... and whats the point of 4 docking units then ? so its charge when its full its charge automatically the other one ?

The bottom port is you can also connect your device that way as well or say a bigger ipad, etc.  But remember can only use one port at a time to connect to your device so if using bottom port you need to unplug the side port or you will be wondering why the bottom port is not working/connecting

LOL all good I had a feeling you were using the bottom port.  Had a hard time believe two units were bad.  Welcome to the forums
2018-5-15
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Also yeah that charging hub will only charge one battery at a time starting with the one that is fullest.  So will take about 4 hours to fully charge 4 batteries.  If like me and that is just too long you can get one that will charge all batteries at the same time so 3 batteries fully charged in about an hour.  This is what I got.  Now keep in mind is not DJI so they will not support it HOWEVER I have charged my 4 batteries each about 50 times with this and have zero issues.  So your call but for me one of the best accessory purchases I made. https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... lpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2018-5-15
Use props
INF3RN040
New

Thanks for all info & answers  , i did my first drone flight and it was pretty good  .....outside i was forgot to take off the 2 plastic covers for the gimball
2018-5-15
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

INF3RN040 Posted at 2018-5-15 10:04
OMG im so stupid it was the side port .....  facepalm  im a big idiot

It's amazing what a picture will tell you once you look at it.
We overlook the smallest things.
Welcome to the forum.
2018-5-16
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Please read the instructions, more than once..... thoroughly, before you fly again.  Or else you will find yourself here again with a sad story.
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

People might be a newbie before he becomes an expert. No worries. But hey, read the manual first.
BTW, thanks for the participants, too.
2018-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules