dji phantom 3 standard disconnected - help
13427 26 2018-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Francard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25889 ft
Italy

Good morning, I purchased the phantom 3 standard in January has flown about 20 times for a total of 2.5 hours, always kept with the utmost care and attention without any bumps or falls.

Until a week ago everything went perfectly, until he started doing this:

- I turn on the radio control and then the drone, the connection is made and the radio control LED turns green, which is connected to the drone, I start the wifi with the phone, open the dji go app and after a few seconds the radio control turns on the red light and disconnects from the app and lose the connection with the smartphone, but if on the radio control move the left stick and the wheel of the gimbal this works (a sign that a radio / drone communication is there);

- if I try to arm the engines by moving the sticks down towards the center nothing happens

- I tried to make the linking between radio control and drone through the small switch placed on the drone, the beep starts but does not synchronize;

- I uninstalled the app and reinstalled but nothing.

- I reset the wifi and the remote control but I have not solved.

Do I need to duplicate the firmware?

I currently have version Firmware v 01.09.0200

Help me, what should I do?

Thank you
(english by google traslate :-))

2018-5-16
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Try refreshing the firmware.
2018-5-16
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

Did the upgrade had a success ? You may look on to the log-file on the root folder of the SD card. 2nd Did you try to fly without the phone yet? 3rd if it not disconnect without phone,wil you try the phone connection with airplane mode? 4th. What Go app version are you using on what OS?
2018-5-16
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft

Calibrate the remote controller.
2018-5-16
Use props
Francard
lvl.2
Italy

HI,
first of all thanks for the answers.

For now I managed to do this:
- I installed the update again but I did not get anything;
- I downgraded to version 1.7.90, but I have not had the opportunity to try it on the fly, from the txt file it seems that it was successful

If the weather will allow tomorrow I will try to make it fly in airplane mode
I dont have to calibrate the radio control, now is charging

Other info:
- the DJI GO app version is 3.1.34 for android
- I use a smartphone Xiaomi redmi note 3 pro

I hope to solve the problem

I will let you know tomorrow

Thank you

2018-5-16
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

It may well be your device.  Try another .
2018-5-16
Use props
Francard
lvl.2
Italy

Se dal momento dell'acquisto due settimane fa ha funzionato e non ha dato problemi potrebbe essere un aggiornamento xiaomi degli ultimi giorni?
I will try a Sony z3 compact but it does the same problem
2018-5-16
Use props
Francard
lvl.2
Italy

Sorry.

If from the time of purchase two weeks ago it worked and did not give problems could it be a xiaomi update of the last days?
I will try a Sony z3 compact but it does the same problem
2018-5-16
Use props
Francard
lvl.2
Italy

Hello,

- I downgraded the firmware up to version 1.7.90
- calibrate the radio control sticks as shown in the video
- factory reset

Yesterday I flew with the drone with the xiaomi redmi note 3 pro and all went well.

Thanks for your help
2018-5-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Francard Posted at 2018-5-19 09:48
Hello,

- I downgraded the firmware up to version 1.7.90

Glad to know that you got it worked, thanks for participants.
If there is any further issue, please contact us, we will do our best to help.
2018-5-20
Use props
Francard
lvl.2
Italy

Hi, after having downgraded the firmware as I said the remote control has connected well with the drone and the phone.

Last time I flew a week ago without any problems and falls.

Today I had to shoot and the initial problem came back, the radio control is tuned with the drone, but the light is red and does not connect with the phone and consequently with the dji go app.

Can anyone help me???

I am really disappointed by the unreliability of this drone ..... thousand problems !!!
2018-6-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Are you flying in an urban area?
2018-6-10
Use props
Francard
lvl.2
Italy

No, to avoid problems I did all the tests in open country areas without magnetic or electrical sources nearby to avoid problems.

Even now I reset the radio control, it stays green for about 30/40 seconds and then turns red and disconnects, but if I move the gimbal wheel, it works.

Why???
2018-6-10
Use props
Francard
lvl.2
Italy

This video describes the problem I have

help me

thanks
2018-6-11
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Francard Posted at 2018-6-10 13:24
No, to avoid problems I did all the tests in open country areas without magnetic or electrical sources nearby to avoid problems.

Even now I reset the radio control, it stays green for about 30/40 seconds and then turns red and disconnects, but if I move the gimbal wheel, it works.  Why???

The gimbal wheel uses 5.8.  Your camera is on 2.4.

Have you tried connecting to the wifi manually?

I don't see your smart phone on the approval list.  How about trying a different device?

Good luck

2018-6-11
Use props
Francard
lvl.2
Italy

Hi,

the video is not mine but represents the exact problem that the drone has.

how I can connect the wifi manually?

My smartphone, Xiaomi redminote 3 pro,  is not on the list of recommended phones but since I bought it I made several flights and never gave me any problems.

I've try a different device but the problem remain.

2018-6-11
Use props
yeyete2000
New
Flight distance : 9652 ft

Serbia

I have same problem, but the light in my remote is green. I cannot see the camera view. when I click start upgrade, it says devive disconected, please check. DJI, can you please give us a sollution? The dron responds to remote control, but I cannot see anything from the camera, it says disconected!
2018-10-8
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

Do you have any telemetry on your screen? You may take a screenshot of the running app and copter system.
2018-10-8
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft

I recently had this exact problem.  It drove me crazy for about twenty minutes.  I had been flying the P3S for a while, and then took it up to my son some 200 miles away.  He installed the Go app, and bingo, we had this problem.  It kept saying something about the password.  We thought t said to put in the password.  So we did multiple times.  Finally, we took the time to read the whole message.  It said to change the password, not put it in.  We were using the old 12341234 password.  We changed it to another one, and the drone was fixed.  We should have read the whole message in the first place.
2018-10-8
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft

yeyete2000 Posted at 2018-10-8 13:24
I have same problem, but the light in my remote is green. I cannot see the camera view. when I click start upgrade, it says devive disconected, please check. DJI, can you please give us a sollution? The dron responds to remote control, but I cannot see anything from the camera, it says disconected!

You might want to unplug the white connector at the top front of the gimbal control module and plug it back in. The drone's 2.4g radio is located in the module. This plug has been known to become loose particularly after a hard landing.
2018-10-9
Use props
AlexZea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 571109 ft
Australia

Hi I got the same issue. After researching and testing, I realized that when I disconnect the GPS I never get this problem. So I removed the covers that covered the connections of the Wi-Fi antennas in the gimbal and I covered them with aluminium. Until now and after 3 months everything is working fine.
2019-1-26
Use props
oneshotBarney
lvl.1

United States

Same problem....Used to have a 2V+ ...so I now have 2 dji standard 3's...cannot seem to get either one to work...I has camera other don't...MY ?? Is it true the 3 standard will NOT work without the camera?? If its TRUE I am out a lot of $$$..Thanks
2019-2-1
Use props
oneshotBarney
lvl.1

United States

oneshotBarney Posted at 2-1 16:27
Same problem....Used to have a 2V+ ...so I now have 2 dji standard 3's...cannot seem to get either one to work...I has camera other don't...MY ?? Is it true the 3 standard will NOT work without the camera?? If its TRUE I am out a lot of $$$..Thanks

I just want to add something : Looking on You tube,I seen a video,the young man crashed his PH3 and broke the camera complete off.But can still fly it...So...I would like to ASK This One of my PH3 has a camera mounted,BUT will not Link camera and transmitter together.
2Nd Ph 3 standard...NO Camera but STILL will not BIND Drone and transmitter together.  BTW: I do have each drone has its own transmitter,BUT neither one will bind to its transmitter....Driving me crazy...I NEVER had this kind of trouble with my PH2V+..still fly if with out a camera.
2019-2-4
Use props
oneshotBarney
lvl.1

United States

oneshotBarney Posted at 2-4 21:11
I just want to add something : Looking on You tube,I seen a video,the young man crashed his PH3 and broke the camera complete off.But can still fly it...So...I would like to ASK This One of my PH3 has a camera mounted,BUT will not Link camera and transmitter together.
2Nd Ph 3 standard...NO Camera but STILL will not BIND Drone and transmitter together.  BTW: I do have each drone has its own transmitter,BUT neither one will bind to its transmitter....Driving me crazy...I NEVER had this kind of trouble with my PH2V+..still fly if with out a camera.

I have seen 3 msgs posted to me on change to ?? But I do know how to do that...I do need help...also not too dumb,But at 80 yrs old this is beating me up....The 2 drones I have LOOK like new...thats the crazy Part....Just cant seem to get either one to link...2 drones + 2 transmitters.

Thanks to who ever can help...give me an answer/NOT use a hammer...
2019-2-4
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

My understanding is the P3S will fly without a camera.  I don't have a P3S though.  Good luck.  
2019-2-5
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

you´ll need a very  good hardware hack to fly a P3S without a cam.
2019-2-5
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

The P3S will fly without camera. However, it needs a camera to bind the rc to the ac. Catch 22. Had p3s with no camera, but couldn't bind rc. took camera from another ac, attached to the ac, bound it, and then removed it and put it back in donor ac. First ac then flew fine without camera and no telemetry of course.  
2019-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules