Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
suggestion!
427 3 2018-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

it has been a while since i been here and i know that this probably been mentioned many times.
a couple suggestions we need for our DJi drones..

1. auto record at take off option.   i know it isnt a hardware limitation, several apps that are availble that do auto record at take off, but given the way DJi handles claims, better if Dji just adds it to the app natively...so people dont get denied claims based on using other apps with differing logging systems.

2. (Mavic Pro specific) Option to disable tap to focus on the mavic pro and just locked infinity focus, i like the ability to change focus and tap to focus, but i would like the option to lock focus to infinity for ease of use.  sometimes the camera refuses to even refocus after you accedently tap the screen while in flight and all blurry means i have to waste time fixing that..  

3. fix active track, simple fixes like if it reconized target again, just resume active tracking.. one of the oddities i noticed with active track is if anything breaks visual for even half a second or so, it just sits there waiting for you to click go again.. fix that please!  just let it resume.  i can understand if its totally out of visual range, but if its relock on target.. just resume..?  please?

4.  possible range issue need addressing.  only change for me has been updates DJi pushes both formware and app, now im suffering from spotty range issues... not just mavic pro.. i seen spark users, mavic air users and few phantom users mentioning similar things... something changed recently and not for the best..

5.  being spoiled by way game recording happens on PC here i guess.. but would be nice if say somethign just happened, but click record of take pix too late it still captured it.. because always caching video and upwards of a few minutes at a time and before and after and trim it how you like..  kinda goes with first suggestion but, still nice feature.. doesnt need to use extra ram either, could just use a "reserve" amount of space on the SD card for it like 4GB of reseve space.  and just record to that area and when you tap record button or take pix it copies over last 30 seconds to a minute of recording over to normal location.  

-------very long shots here but... figure why not suggest it.--------

6.  Mirror function.  think live streaming realtime but instead of over the internet, just to another DJi go app.  even create a "cheap" wifi base station that iPhones can connect to so local mirroing is possible on devices that cannot generate own local ah-hoc network..  like "mirror-bridge"

7.  secondary controller via mirroring application.. but not a full fledged second controller, a controller can control and command camera, maps and some settings and secondary functions like that.. good for being a spotter and stuff.. they can use their phoen to handle it..  however primary piolit in control can revoke control at anytime if needed..

edit:  8.  activation lock!   if drone is stolen and you report it stolen, dji should run a deactivation lock on the drone so no one can get it airbourne again without owners account reconnected.  and it can be transfered around passively as long as you log out and disable locking ... before new owner signs in..
2018-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

1/ just push record button when you turn on

2/ you already have option to change from tap to focus to auto focus

3/ active track is not broken, you might be looking for a different feature, or get MavAir and use apas.

4/ no change in range issues I own spark MavAir Mavic Pro and p4 Pro

5/ can’t really understand what your looking for here

6/ you would need P4Pro with hdmi out.

7/ you could always buy a second controller for Mavic Pro

8/ not to sure how big a problem this is, but extra security is never a bad thing, might not stop stealing thieves do what they do, we still see a lot more mobiles been stolen than drones.

2018-5-16
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-16 07:59
1/ just push record button when you turn on

2/ you already have option to change from tap to focus to auto focus
Edit: oh god I’m sorry I didn’t add numbers to clearify.   I’m on my iPhone and it’s not most intuitive way of typing out replies.  

Auto record option defiantly should be added, somewhere in the settings menu to enable automatic recording at take off and stop recording at landing.   I and many people have simply forgotten to start recording because too focused on framing a shot and following our subject or doing something to get a really interesting perspective.    Plus now a days it is only $70 to buy legit 200GB microSD cards rated for 4K recording so its less and less of an excuse infact I’m rocking 128GB microSD cars I picked up when I got my Mavic Pro and I rarely worry about space.

I know I can  use AFC and disable AFC.. however I’m not talking about auto focusing at all, I’m talking about locking to infinity focus either to center point or across entire sensor.  Similar to the mavic air.  Having this as a option just makes it easier specially for people like me who sometimes bouncing around with RC and iPhone over rough terrain and grab the iPhone screen and throw off the autofocus or have a stupidly bad autofocusing sensor.. like mine will hunt for focus then just drops to blurry on beeping ..like not how it works.. I have use manual mode and set focus wheel to infinity.  While that’s a fine temp solution.. I would just like extra option in menu to toggle on for enable center point infinity focus.  

No, not a mavic air feature set.  It’s a software glitch issue that needs basic addressing.  Active track for me works very poorly some of the time,  like for example, cruising around at say 20mph and it’s keeping up then you round a corner and it follows you but something breaks the visual between you and the drone for a split second maybe a pole was in the way as it rounded or some leaves or something.. but restablishes and even shows square around you again saying GO.  Instead of making me have to mess around with the phone again to click Go once more I rather it just resumed if it regains lock... which it has an been doing a good job of re-establishing that box around the right subject.  I just keep getting interrupted because i have to tap go again

Range issue for me is spotty but consistent enough that I feel like I’m in the class of users complaining about range issues.  Obviously I’m not saying everyone has the issue, but several people who across all platforms from spark users to inspire users have mentioned latest update has caused possible range issues, I usually don’t buy into it because new updates trigger placebo effects on many people.   However this time seems to be different because defiantly having spotty issues.   No damage to my drone.  I did do a firmware mod to break the anti rollback and then used dji assistant to roll back my firmware 2 updates back and it seems to fixed my range and singl quality  issue (rolled back both RC and the AC) however I’m getting spammed to update my aircraft software.. but atleast I sort of confirmed something changed inlatest updates for me.m not for the best.  

This is a feature recent video cards and drivers have added to gaming PCs where instead of recording everything, it’s basicaly a highlight reel of things.   And hybrid solution for auto recording.  Basically say you forgot to record something or just missed it.  Tap record and it moves over last 30 seconds to several minutes of video from hidden partition/folder to Normal folder while recording current stuff then combining it into a single file once stop recording..  

And yes rest is just theoretically possible but huge long shots...   so I don’t expect it to get taken seriously but would be interesting to see it happen.   

You mention phones being stolen more than drones a lot of that comes down to fewer drones than phones that are easily accessible and thieves know the market on phones.   However when Apple introduced activation lock on iPhones years ago, the rate of iPhone theft dropped to nearly nothing now it is almost safe to leave your iPhone on a table and know it probably won’t get touched because a iCloud locked/activation locked iPhone can be both tracked/traces and is virtually worthless on second hand market.  A activation locked iPhone X 256GB  would probably would struggle to hit $200 on used market unless it’s to part out for the screen or something.   and it’s also forbidden to even be sold on major sites like eBay and Amazon if it’s iCloud/activation locked even though you do see it..
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestion. I think some suggestions are practical.
2018-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules