Warranty or DJI Refresh Repair Work?
446 3 2018-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matt Widd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17247 ft
United Kingdom

I bought a Mavic Pro through DJIs amazon UK page in April. I had the drone 10 days and completed around 20 flights with no issues, no crashes, no hard landings all was well. I took the drone out to fly the day after a perfect flight and suddenly the gimbal kept saying 'gimbal overload' now I have read a lot on this forum regarding this common issue.
My question is will this be repaired under warranty as it is only 10 days old and is a facotry fault and not a pilot error caused issue or will it go on my DJI refresh account?

Also is there grounds to request a new drone as if they repair it, its now a refurbished repaired model, I didn't pay for a new drone to then have it as a repaired model 10 days later?

I have also heard people say when they had the gimbal error and it was repaired by DJI when they got it back the error came back? It is all very annoying as the drone has only been flown and used with the up most care with no issues but has then randomly had this major hardware issue. Any information or feedback is appreicated.

2018-5-16
Use props
eried
Second Officer
Flight distance : 661362 ft
Denmark

Have you tried doing the gimbal calibration? (remove any lens,etc)
2018-5-16
Use props
Matt Widd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17247 ft
United Kingdom

eried Posted at 2018-5-16 02:07
Have you tried doing the gimbal calibration? (remove any lens,etc)

Tried all of these options, spent about 4 hours trying different options. Every time it powered on the gimbal would just go crazy jolting all over the place non stop. No calibration or settings would stop it.

The drone is already now on its way to DJI Netherlands I am just wondering what they will actually say/do.
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Matt, sorry for the unfortunate experience with the drone, our repair center will make damage assessment firstly when the drone arrives, we will provide warranty service if it was not caused by pilot error. Please wait patiently for the evaluation and the quotation.
If you need any further assistance, please post the case number here and we will do our best to assist. Hope everything goes smoothly.
2018-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules