Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
2.4GHZ with OTG is a game changer
2128 25 2018-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frank13011
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, I recently purchased an OTG cable, this significantly improved the usability of the spark. But I have now started using 2.4GHZ and not only is the range much better ( I havnt tried to max it out ) but I have had no drops in connection or anything whereas before I was.

It has given me much more faith and confidence in this product. I have put a couple of random videos together.

2018-5-16
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Welldone Frank ! Totally Agree with your Post !

Its a must for us in Europe - 2.4GHz + OTG Cable

What Phone and Version are you using Frank in the UK ?

I wonder why DJI is changing so much their Views about using OTG. One Update its Supported / Another time its Disabled / Then its is Supported again.... and the story continues.....

2018-5-16
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Frank,
I am missing cars in your video    
Nice area, is it Cornwall ?

cheers
JJB
2018-5-16
Use props
Frank13011
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-16 04:33
Welldone Frank ! Totally Agree with your Post !

Its a must for us in Europe - 2.4GHz + OTG Cable

It has made such a noticeable difference it's crazy! I am using an iPhone 8 with the most recent updates.

And yeah I find it very weird! Can't quite get my head around that, still trying to work out if the DJI Forum reps are robots or humans lol
2018-5-16
Use props
Frank13011
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJBspark Posted at 2018-5-16 04:44
Hi Frank,
I am missing cars in your video   
Nice area, is it Cornwall ?

Hi JJB, I will be doing more car videos soon, just been on holiday so will be uploading a bit of drone footage around a lake and mountain

And yes that is cornwall, lovely place!
2018-5-16
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Frank13011 Posted at 2018-5-16 05:09
It has made such a noticeable difference it's crazy! I am using an iPhone 8 with the most recent updates.

And yeah I find it very weird! Can't quite get my head around that, still trying to work out if the DJI Forum reps are robots or humans lol

Lol ! Maybe you are right.

Really nice footage Frank ! Welldone !

2018-5-16
Use props
Frank13011
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-16 05:22
Lol ! Maybe you are right.

Really nice footage Frank ! Welldone !

Thanks appreciate the kind words!
2018-5-16
Use props
BrilhasMuito
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3745554 ft
Brazil

I tested the 2.4ghz channels just once. It was one of the worst experiences flying a drone. Video feedback was choppy and too grainy. Couldnt pass 100 meters in exactly the same spot I get 1.5km with ease when using the 5.6ghz channels. Always using OTG.
Thats crazy to see all these  differences between countries.
2018-5-16
Use props
BrilhasMuito
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3745554 ft
Brazil

BTW. NICE VIDEO. GORGEOUS SPOT!
THANKS FOR SHARING!!!!
2018-5-16
Use props
Frank13011
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting, are you based in the UK? I admit the video feed quality is slightly worse in my experience however is much more stable. I guess everyone will experience different results
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Awesome Video! Great comparison on both videos. Good music combination as well.
2018-5-21
Use props
LEES69
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I'm new to the Spark but am very disappointed in the range I seem to be able to get, tried iPhone and Android and both very choppy at any range, 100m in line of sight it's hard to fly smoothly via the video feed.

I've got the channel set on 'Auto' (last flight it was on 5.6 I think) and get constant 'video transmission weak, adjust antennas' messages?

Any suggestions, I would prefer to use Android but do have an iPhone here too (main android is an LG G6, nice big screen, iphone is a 6 I think, ideally though I have a not in use LG G3 which is what the last flight was using, it's a better display than the iPhone and no other apps installed) and I'm UK based.

Any suggestions would be really welcome

Thanks

Lee
2018-5-21
Use props
Frank13011
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Lee

I know the feeling and it’s horrible, I was in the same boat. My first step would be use an OTG cable, then switch it to 2.4 GHZ it really makes such a difference

5Ghz I found provided a better quality video feed but it would frequently drop out and get disconnected where as 2.4ghz is much more stable, allows better distance however video feed quality isn’t as good.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need any more advice!
2018-5-22
Use props
LEES69
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I've read so many mixed articles on the OTG since DJI took it out of the app though, seems people have very mixed views about it? Or has there been another app update to bring support back?

Do you need to downgrade the app as I've seen mentioned?
2018-5-22
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

why want people always want the newest version??? There are lot of threads here and always on this subject. Again...(since the newest version doesn't support OTG)
Change wifi to 2.4 is the easiest way to use version 4.1.14, on 2.4 Ghz upgrade to most stable version with the otg to 4.1.15(android) . Also the latest app for spark ref release is 4.1.22(support goggles)

What’s New? on 4.1.14  Added the Sphere Panorama feature (with DJI GO 4 app v4.1.14 or higher).  Added Dynamic Home Point for ActiveTrack and Gesture modes (with DJI GO 4 app v4.1.14 or higher).  Low Battery Return to Home will no longer trigger automatically in Gesture mode.  Users can now save Wi-Fi frequency and channel settings (with DJI GO 4 app v4.1.14 or higher).  Improved firmware updating stability.  Improved security.
2018-5-22
Use props
Frank13011
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LEES69 Posted at 2018-5-22 02:43
I've read so many mixed articles on the OTG since DJI took it out of the app though, seems people have very mixed views about it? Or has there been another app update to bring support back?

Do you need to downgrade the app as I've seen mentioned?

I use apple so have had no issues, apart from when I used a cheap OTG ebay cable and it kept disconnecting. But now use genuine iphone cable with an OTG adaptor, bit long but works well.

I also tried using an old samsung galaxy s5 the other day with OTG setup, seemed to work fine but in all honesty didnt use it for long at all.
2018-5-22
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182215 ft
United Kingdom

Awesome. This is great and also some nice video work there. I have just recieved my new official OTG cables courtesy of DMX_MT hooking me up with the link, so i shall do some proper tests this weekend but it would be crazy to be able to achieve over 100Metres again!!! Like you said it'd be nice to feel more confident distance wise these days it's about 60M before i lose all signal to video.....
2018-5-22
Use props
Frank13011
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My history is

Iphone 8 with Spark connected to the controller over WiFi - 100 meters max
Iphone 8 with Spark connected with OTG on 5GHZ 200 meters maybe 300 max but it would drop out anywhere between depending on area
Iphone 8 with Spark connected with OTG on 2.4 GHZ 400 meters with no signal loss or drop at all, I don't need to fly any further than that but for me was just about having a stable connection.

I am interested to see if having the phone on flight mode helps or not!
2018-5-22
Use props
M6TT F
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38737 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all. I’ve just purchased a spark, fly more combo, and hope to have it in the next few days. Having read about OTG cables, im very confused - does the fly more combo come with one? Do I need one? Is it fine without? If I need to buy one, which one? I have an iPhone 7.

Help
2018-5-22
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

M6TT F Posted at 2018-5-22 09:47
Hi all. I’ve just purchased a spark, fly more combo, and hope to have it in the next few days. Having read about OTG cables, im very confused - does the fly more combo come with one? Do I need one? Is it fine without? If I need to buy one, which one? I have an iPhone 7.

Help

I suggest an OTG cable with your Iphone, update your iphone to latest IOS.
Download the DGI 4.1.22 latest release for Spark.
Update your spark to latest firmware.
2018-5-22
Use props
M6TT F
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Jos A Posted at 2018-5-22 21:59
I suggest an OTG cable with your Iphone, update your iphone to latest IOS.
Download the DGI 4.1.22 latest release for Spark.
Update your spark to latest firmware.

Thanks - any recommended cables, or will any do the job?
2018-5-22
Use props
M6TT F
lvl.2
United Kingdom

found one recommended on another thread - will try with and without!
2018-5-22
Use props
Roshi23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 271575 ft
United Kingdom

I was in cornwall over the Easter in st Ives with my spark.https://youtu.be/4SmRHzLTqbs
2018-5-23
Use props
Roshi23
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I was in cornwall over the Easter in st Ives with my spark.https://youtu.be/4SmRHzLTqbs

THE otg cable is working on android I have a s9+
2018-5-23
Use props
Frank13011
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Roshi23 Posted at 2018-5-23 00:20

THE otg cable is working on android I have a s9+

Cornwall is a lovely place, some really good locations to fly!

With regards to the OTG cable I would use OEM data cable and an OTG adaptor, if you are based in the uk you can get the adaptor from ASDA for £5 made by Polaroid ( i think thats the brand )
2018-5-23
Use props
Roshi23
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Frank13011 Posted at 2018-5-23 23:55
Cornwall is a lovely place, some really good locations to fly!

With regards to the OTG cable I would use OEM data cable and an OTG adaptor, if you are based in the uk you can get the adaptor from ASDA for £5 made by Polaroid ( i think thats the brand )

Since i got back to London and updated the App... i have had three fly aways 3 no take offs wobbled and went in to the ground ...its been a night mare ... today i re installed the FW on all batteries and down graded the App to 4.4.18 ....the  otg cableis working the gps is facing the right directing and im back in control ...But i think i have had enough of the Brand ...I can see me selling my spark which flew well in argintina but in London its not worth the risk its like i got a 500 pound brick. SO i will get the parrot when it comes out i do need all the AO one should fly like you havent got it and have line of sight on screen or in the air...DJI is gonna lose a lot of users because of the APP and its restrictive fencing. my other option is to move to cornwall or Argentia.SMH DJI your messing up (PS i order the osmo 2 ....the order took so long to come and i mean i got stuff from aliexpress after my order and it came before the gimble was shipped ...i gave up canceled and got a smooth q, Poor services will make them loose market share in many areas)_
2018-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules