2,4 or 5.8 ghz in fcc mode?
2550 8 2018-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans16a0b755
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661 ft
Greece

Hi! What frequency (2.4 or 5.8 ghz) is better for long distance using fcc mode? how is the change (2,4 to 5,8ghz) it? When I go to custom and change it to 2.4 ghz and press reset wifi it does not connect again. Using OTG does not this problem exist?
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Are you using Android device? Some Android devices do not support 5.8 G. Since you are in Europe, I would recommend you set it in 5.8 G in the app. And the connection between phone and RC will be 2.4 G. Then you can search the wifi again. Please use wifi connection for now as OTG is not fully tested.
2018-5-16
Use props
fans16a0b755
lvl.3
Greece

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-16 19:44
Are you using Android device? Some Android devices do not support 5.8 G. Since you are in Europe, I would recommend you set it in 5.8 G in the app. And the connection between phone and RC will be 2.4 G. Then you can search the wifi again. Please use wifi connection for now as OTG is not fully tested.

I use andoid device and specifically xiaomi redmi note 4. Only 5.8 ghz gives me and when i use otg and when i choose custom i can have 2.4 ghz. With WiFi when I make this change and hit reset it hangs up and does not show me Spark WiFi at all. I have it in fcc mode and in open space it goes again up to 300 meters right up and then sends out a message for a weak video signal. That's why I want to make that change.
2018-5-16
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Try to change without otg cable connected, use custom and choose a 2.4 channel, wait your video goes out and come back in 2.4 wifi.
closed app and reboot Spark and RC. It works on the 4.1.15. Then if it works closed spark and RC and re-connect OTG
or you can try to reset the wifi

2018-5-17
Use props
fans16a0b755
lvl.3
Greece

Jos A Posted at 2018-5-17 00:31
Try to change without otg cable connected, use custom and choose a 2.4 channel, wait your video goes out and come back in 2.4 wifi.
closed app and reboot Spark and RC. It works on the 4.1.15. Then if it works closed spark and RC and re-connect OTG

Only on 4.1.15 can this be done? As many times as I tried, I just reset failed and did not open again. He did not show anything. At reboot I never found me on Spark's WiFi. Only when I connected the otg I could get into the app and change from 2.4 to 5.8 to re-connect to WiFi.
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans16a0b755 Posted at 2018-5-16 23:12
I use andoid device and specifically xiaomi redmi note 4. Only 5.8 ghz gives me and when i use otg and when i choose custom i can have 2.4 ghz. With WiFi when I make this change and hit reset it hangs up and does not show me Spark WiFi at all. I have it in fcc mode and in open space it goes again up to 300 meters right up and then sends out a message for a weak video signal. That's why I want to make that change.

I see. In this case, I can not help you since you use OTG cable. And I think our engineers will continue to work on it. Please wait patiently.
2018-5-17
Use props
fans16a0b755
lvl.3
Greece

Jos A Posted at 2018-5-17 00:31
closed app and reboot Spark and RC. It works on the 4.1.15. Then if it works closed spark and RC and re-connect OTG

Generally, if I want 2.4 it only gets otg since I choose it from the custom. But I do not have WiFi because it does not find it anywhere even after restarting. If I want WiFi it only takes 5.8 ghz.
2018-5-17
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

fans16a0b755 Posted at 2018-5-16 23:12
I use andoid device and specifically xiaomi redmi note 4. Only 5.8 ghz gives me and when i use otg and when i choose custom i can have 2.4 ghz. With WiFi when I make this change and hit reset it hangs up and does not show me Spark WiFi at all. I have it in fcc mode and in open space it goes again up to 300 meters right up and then sends out a message for a weak video signal. That's why I want to make that change.

"sends out a message for a weak video signal"

Is it only the message or is it a weak signal , nothing to see on the display?
I had lots of messages, during some wifi testing with a 4.2.x app
But no weak video signal.
Every couple of seconds the message did pop.up.
But always a good feed
2018-5-17
Use props
fans16a0b755
lvl.3
Greece

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-5-17 03:48
"sends out a message for a weak video signal"

Is it only the message or is it a weak signal , nothing to see on the display?

I only got this message. I had a good picture I would say. do not add value to this message;
2018-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules