GPS loss using Litchi.
1759 3 2018-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rescue 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89820 ft
United States

I have two inspire one's bought from different areas, but both have experienced the same GPS failure using Litchi.  I preflight my units before flight every time, calibrate them, launch them and have them hover for 30 seconds before I deploy them.  On several occasions the drones appear ok, I deploy out and pause and them get voice messages saying that I lost GPS satellites even though my display shows 16 sats.  The sky is usually clear, no obstructions, no metal near by yet I will get this message repeated.  On one occasion my drone drifted away in the wind, causing me to immediately switch to manual and bring it back manually.  Shaken of course since it was a night training mission and wind gusts were about 15- 20 knots, landing zone was about a 30' clear zone between trees and wires, and only my strobe lights visible.

Being the chief drone pilot for my fire department, I can be called out day or night for fire or SAR missions, my flight zones are not clear of obstacles most of the time.  I've lost my confidence in my units, when I fly I keep one finger on the manual switch just in case I have to manually take over, even though I believe the software now contains capabilities to automatically switch to manual if gps is lost.

I bought back up gps systems for the units but do not want to start gutting my drones for a possible software problem.  Does anyone have any idea's or thoughts of what is causing this problem with both my units?

I use Litchi over DYI Go because of the audio messages I can listen to while I am concentrating on my flying over a fire.  I do not like taking my eyes off my drones while over a fire or flying over firemen working a scene, listening to warning messages is far better.

Thanks for your time, hopefully someone has an answer to this problem.

2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Does the same issue happen to DJI Go frequently? It is very important to figure out if it is APP-related or there is something wrong with the GPS module.
2018-5-17
Use props
LIVNXXL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

You might have a bad GPS module. I had sort of the same issue but in reverse. I was getting lost compass or strong wireless interference when using DJIGO. The problem did not occur when using Litchi. After about a half dozen more flights i started getting lost GPS while using Litchi also. Turns out I needed a new compass and GPS module. Good Luck!
2018-5-18
Use props
Rescue 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89820 ft
United States

LIVNXXL Posted at 2018-5-18 06:36
You might have a bad GPS module. I had sort of the same issue but in reverse. I was getting lost compass or strong wireless interference when using DJIGO. The problem did not occur when using Litchi. After about a half dozen more flights i started getting lost GPS while using Litchi also. Turns out I needed a new compass and GPS module. Good Luck!

Thanks for the feed, I agree, now to send this bird out.
2019-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules