Perfect repair service from DJI GmbH Germany
909 9 2018-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Satstream
Second Officer
Flight distance : 392024 ft

Many users complain about the bad service of DJI. But there are also good facts. My RC GL 300C had a battery problem. After loading only 3 white LEDs were left. After a very short time, the 3rd LED started flashing. DJI support in Germany searched, the problem described. Get a ticket within minutes and send the RC on the same day to DJI in Germany. After only 7 days I got a new RC, with new serial number, back. RC and P4 connected perfectly.
2018-5-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good to hear!
2018-5-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>

What a refreshing - and encouraging- change to hear a success story instead of all the tales of woe.
2018-5-16
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Nearly all the complaints are about the USA service, the rest of us don't need to worry!
2018-5-16
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8832 ft
Spain

good to know, thanks !
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for sharing the positive experience with our repair center here, it is glad to know everything was sorted out, your kind word gives us the motivation to keep moving, enjoy it and hope you have a good time on flying the drone.
2018-5-16
Use props
jplfly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 492 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-16 19:42
Thanks for sharing the positive experience with our repair center here, it is glad to know everything was sorted out, your kind word gives us the motivation to keep moving, enjoy it and hope you have a good time on flying the drone.

Hopefully you will be able to help me sort out my problem.  I already spoke with a customer service rep several months ago but they were unable to assist me because the 6 month warranty had already expired on the batteries I was calling about.

Phantom 4 Intelligent Flight Batteries (2) - I was given a gift of a complete package of the DJI Phantom 4 including 2 batteries and a 3 station charging hub Model P4CH ordered directly from DJI.

I successfully flew the drone for a total time of approximately 33 minutes (a few minutes on each battery) as a beginner.

I was then called out of the country for 8 months.  I was unable to take the drone so I placed the two batteries on the charging hub set to "Storage".

When I returned home and installed the battery I was unable to get it to initialize.  I inserted the second battery and it would not initialize.  I then contacted DGI and was told to connect each battery directly to the charging harness rather than put it in the charging hub.  That did not work.  Neither battery would charge or initialize.  They could do nothing because the warranty period had expired.

My personal belief is this has something to do with the brain (intelligence) within each battery.  I am extremely concerned about the life of the batteries because I cannot afford this hobby if I get less than an hour of life out of a $150 battery.

So my questions are:  
Is there a work around to force the battery to charge or initialize?
Can your repair station work on the batteries?
Do you have any suggestions?

Regards,
Jerry Lassiter
jerry.lassiter@gmail.com

2019-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jplfly Posted at 1-15 11:52
Hopefully you will be able to help me sort out my problem.  I already spoke with a customer service rep several months ago but they were unable to assist me because the 6 month warranty had already expired on the batteries I was calling about.

Phantom 4 Intelligent Flight Batteries (2) - I was given a gift of a complete package of the DJI Phantom 4 including 2 batteries and a 3 station charging hub Model P4CH ordered directly from DJI.

Hi Jerry, we are really sorry for the troubles with the battery, as you mentioned you placed the batteries on the charging hub for 8 months, the batteries could possibly over-discharged and the cell got damaged, the Lipo battery just be taken good care and we recommend to fully charge and discharge the battery at least once every 3 months to maintain the health, in addition, the batteries have been out of warranty, sorry that we are unable to provide the warranty service, hope for your understanding.
2019-1-15
Use props
jplfly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 492 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-15 19:23
Hi Jerry, we are really sorry for the troubles with the battery, as you mentioned you placed the batteries on the charging hub for 8 months, the batteries could possibly over-discharged and the cell got damaged, the Lipo battery just be taken good care and we recommend to fully charge and discharge the battery at least once every 3 months to maintain the health, in addition, the batteries have been out of warranty, sorry that we are unable to provide the warranty service.

Thank you.
2019-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

You are welcome, thanks for your kind understanding.
2019-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules