platinum props on mavic pro?
1409 12 2018-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Just another drone guy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 875499 ft
Canada

I saw that some people put the low noise props on their Mavic, so would I be able to do it too? I was wondering this because I saw before that there would be a gimbal error with the low noise props on. does everybody get one of these warnings?
2018-5-16
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do not see any errors in DJI GO when using the low-noise props on my Mavic Pro.
2018-5-16
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

No gimbal issues. The props seem qieter  and of a higher pitch. Still very noisy, so don't expect anything worth while. Also, they are very delicate and the tips easily snagged and bent. The fine trailing edges can be spoilt with nicks and turned up regions that add drag and noise. I will go back to the originals when these low noise props need replacing.
2018-5-16
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

No errors. I really like the 8331 props
2018-5-16
Use props
chiplifter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

I tried the low noise props. The noise is a bit less, but not as much as I expected. Because the low noise  props feel a bit fragile and less sturdy as original props (specially when folding and storing), I reinstalled the original props and keep the low noise for spare.
2018-5-16
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft

Same as above.  The so called low noise props are slightly longer and the tips are weak-flexible (not necessarily fragile).  The extra length puts them in a slight bind in my case, so I won't keep them on when I quit flying.  I've flown them a few times, but really don't notice any noise difference (I don't hear highs though), so just keep them as an extra set of spares.  They do have the same mounting system, so will go on the MP just fine.  I expect slightly different performance from them but haven't tested that theory scientifically (and probably won't).
2018-5-16
Use props
HyLenz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1848182 ft
United States

The 8331 props work great for me. They are a little lighter/thinner therefor more fragile, but i have not had any issues. They break when you hit something just like the originals. I had bought some when they first came out last year and those were rougher than the ones i just got yesterday. The packaging is different now, too. I'm guessing to combat tips/edge deformations in shipping/storage. They are noticeably quieter, but don't expect them to be silent. They also drop RPM by 50, that cannot be a bad thing for the long haul. Make sure you are on the latest firmware, and get them from DJI direct. I suggest not buying 3rd party props. Lots of posts about balance etc with non-OEM props. I have 2 MP's and use 8331's on both without issue.
Bonus-The gold tips match the gold trim on the MP, they look great!
2018-5-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I have them and used them quite a bit, use the originals for short flights but put the low noise back when doing a long flight, somehow get around an extra minute flight time
2018-5-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-5-16 10:25
I have them and used them quite a bit, use the originals for short flights but put the low noise back when doing a long flight, somehow get around an extra minute flight time

Can't speak to Low-Noise props on Mavic / Mavic Pro.  
However, Low-Noise props on Mavic Pro Platinum have held up pretty decently.
2018-5-16
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Been flying with low noise props on my MP since they came out in November, Never an issue with them.
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, please check this link: https://store.dji.com/product/ma ... -platinum?vid=32781, the Mavic Pro Low-Noise Quick-Release Propellers compatible with Mavic Pro Platinum and Mavic Pro, thanks!

2018-5-17
Use props
Vasco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5427717 ft
Greece

Low noise props works just very good for my Mavic pro , although i am using older firmware version than newer supported .
2018-5-17
Use props
martin joãoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 945105 ft
Luxembourg

I experienced gimbal shake and even more vibrations with prop guards mounted. That was when the 8331 props came out and i went back to 8330. Did some experiments in the meantime and found out that amongst the first 8331 some were badly balanced (original, no 3rd party). I used my phone as vibration sensor and tested all props I had one by one mounted on the mavic pro. Discarded the bad ones after that. (I always keep one complete set as spare)
2018-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules