Canada Refresh fees
981 13 2018-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Ta8VM7JnYxbW
lvl.1
Canada

So i bought my drone last july. 1 month ago it got damaged. lucky i bought the DJI care refresh. I went through the process of getting shipped which was excellent no hiccups. I recieved all the details and packaged my drone correctly. Sent it to UPS and off it goes. The following week i get an email saying they recieved it and they are inspecting it. They said they can replace it for $49 USD. I was like sure, i'll pay for it. Then they sent it to me. I got home one day and i recieved a notice from ups that there is a brokerage cod on the package which was $280. I talked to UPS and explained that the drone was in for a repair and i shouldn't be paying any fees. They said that because you got it from the states theres fees. I called the DJI branch in california and they state that they only cover the states only and not canada. I don't believe this is right. On their website they state they cover all cost. I'm fraustrated that i cant get my drone back. anyone have the same issue or someone i can talk to.
2018-5-16
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hopefully an admin on here can help out. That doesn't seem fair.
2018-5-16
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

I'd be very interested to know what you find out... I am about to get a Spark, and I know there are Canadian based repair places, but how that works with Care I am not certain....

Definitely not fair.  

2018-5-16
Use props
Firehawk989
Second Officer
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

Yea I would try contacting DJI again. As you said they explicitly state on the website that you will not be charged any extra fees for shipping, and to contact them if the shipping company tries to get you.

FedEx and UPS can go eat a giant bag of d*cks for their ridiculous fees.
2018-5-16
Use props
Wreo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531014 ft
Canada

Hello, I was in the same boat as you.  About 2 weeks ago I received my spark from repair and was supposed to pay over $350 in duties and fees.  I phoned DJI and they said this was not right and they talked to UPS and got the fees removed.  My drone was then delivered with no extra fees.
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I managed to get your case number via your Forum account CAS-1660390-P3P4L1 and sorry for the inconvenience, we have escalated the case to the appropriate team to follow up and look into, we will have someone to contact you in working hours, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-5-16
Use props
djiuser_Ta8VM7JnYxbW
lvl.1
Canada

have not received any contact from DJI regarding my issue. I've just received a letter from UPS that i have to pay $280.
2018-6-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_Ta8VM7JnYxbW Posted at 2018-6-7 04:12
have not received any contact from DJI regarding my issue. I've just received a letter from UPS that i have to pay $280.

Sorry to know the issue still hasn' been addressed, I checked the case, our supervisor has contacted you but failed, so we left you voicemail, we will verify with the team to contact you again, sorry again for the inconvenience.
2018-6-7
Use props
djiuser_Ta8VM7JnYxbW
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-7 19:56
Sorry to know the issue still hasn' been addressed, I checked the case, our supervisor has contacted you but failed, so we left you voicemail, we will verify with the team to contact you again, sorry again for the inconvenience.

hello mindy. i received my drone from UPS but now they are sending me an invoice of $280. was this issue taken care of from DJI. Please let me know. Thank you
2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_Ta8VM7JnYxbW Posted at 2018-6-28 03:43
hello mindy. i received my drone from UPS but now they are sending me an invoice of $280. was this issue taken care of from DJI. Please let me know. Thank you

We apologize that issue still hasn't been sorted out, there was no one contact you on 7th, June or another day? We have informed the team to check again and contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-6-28
Use props
djiuser_Ta8VM7JnYxbW
lvl.1
Canada

Hello Mindy,

I just received mail from UPS saying i still owe brokerage fee to them. Can someone help me please
2018-11-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_Ta8VM7JnYxbW Posted at 11-1 06:13
Hello Mindy,

I just received mail from UPS saying i still owe brokerage fee to them. Can someone help me please

Hi there. We are very sorry about this unpleasant experience. When I pulled up your account, I found a case but it was created on April 2018 which doesn't match to your post since you have mentioned that this unit was purchased last July. Can you please provide me if there is any case number or ticket number which we can refer to?
2018-11-1
Use props
djiuser_Ta8VM7JnYxbW
lvl.1
Canada

I purchased the unit in july 2017. sent it in for repairs in may 2018 i believe. i think this is the case number CAS-1660390-P3P4L1. I received a phone call in june from someone in DJI saying that they will take care of the brokerage fee and if i do get a messagel from UPS to ignore it because it has been resolved. Recently UPS sent me mail saying i have to pay this fee.
2018-11-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_Ta8VM7JnYxbW Posted at 11-1 07:32
I purchased the unit in july 2017. sent it in for repairs in may 2018 i believe. i think this is the case number CAS-1660390-P3P4L1. I received a phone call in june from someone in DJI saying that they will take care of the brokerage fee and if i do get a messagel from UPS to ignore it because it has been resolved. Recently UPS sent me mail saying i have to pay this fee.

Thank you for this information. We will have someone contact you today for clarification and help you on this matter. Can you send me PM for the best contact number? Or kindly confirm if the information from your previous case still the same?
2018-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules