Message blocking screen
768 12 2018-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CDP
lvl.1
United States

In certain areas I have a message popping up blocking the screen so I can't see the photo/video screen, or anything for that matter. It is a warning about the location and asks me to read some policies and then check the "Yes" box... only the "Yes" box doesn't function properly. Basically, I'm left w/ an alert/error message blocking my screen. PLEASE HELP!!!
2018-5-16
Use props
JERRY K
lvl.3
Flight distance : 308327 ft
United States

Is the warning that your flying near an airport???  There will be a little square box to the right of the warning in the middle of the screen that you need to click. It is very hard to see this box especially if you are in the sun.
Next time it happens look very closely and you will see it- click it then click the I agree/ yes button. If you can not see the little box because of the sun go to shade you will see it- click it and agree
2018-5-16
Use props
Crash-Test-Dummy
lvl.2
United States

The dark blue color they use for the framework on those things is quite annoying, and makes the ancillary items hard to find/see.  You should find a blue circle on the right side of that pane to push to add a checkbox before you can press on the 'Yes' box.  I suspect that that pane on a phone screen is nearly impossible to see that little circle, especially out in daylight.  
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, could you please show us a screenshot of the error message? We'll look into it, thanks!
2018-5-17
Use props
CDP
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-17 01:16
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, could you please show us a screenshot of the error message? We'll look into it, thanks!

2018-5-19
Use props
CDP
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-17 01:16

2018-5-19
Use props
CDP
lvl.1
United States

Crash-Test-Dummy Posted at 2018-5-16 10:46
The dark blue color they use for the framework on those things is quite annoying, and makes the ancillary items hard to find/see.  You should find a blue circle on the right side of that pane to push to add a checkbox before you can press on the 'Yes' box.  I suspect that that pane on a phone screen is nearly impossible to see that little circle, especially out in daylight.

Thanks! I did NOT notice that little circle and was just jumping back and forth from the policy to the actual safety notification. I'll try pressing on the circle next time... its definitely not too intuitive/easy to see.
2018-5-19
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

CDP Posted at 2018-5-19 13:05
Thanks! I did NOT notice that little circle and was just jumping back and forth from the policy to the actual safety notification. I'll try pressing on the circle next time... its definitely not too intuitive/easy to see.

I missed that little blue check circle when I got the message also. I am used to seeing a square box to check off. But I did finally realize that I had to acknowledge the "I agree to bear full responsibility" and continued on flying.
2018-5-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

CDP Posted at 2018-5-19 13:05
Thanks! I did NOT notice that little circle and was just jumping back and forth from the policy to the actual safety notification. I'll try pressing on the circle next time... its definitely not too intuitive/easy to see.

Hi, sorry to reply you late. Yes, you need to press on the little circle first, then press the "Yes". Hope you have solved the issue and everything turns out to be great now. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to let us know.

2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

B1houdini Posted at 2018-5-19 14:20
I missed that little blue check circle when I got the message also. I am used to seeing a square box to check off. But I did finally realize that I had to acknowledge the "I agree to bear full responsibility" and continued on flying.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. I have forwarded this to our engineers, hope it will be improved in the future if possible. Hope you have a good time on the flight.
2018-5-23
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah I wish there was a way to suppress the messages or have them sent via txt to a mobile device instead.
2018-5-23
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-23 00:37
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. I have forwarded this to our engineers, hope it will be improved in the future if possible. Hope you have a good time on the flight.

Thanks Diana.
No need to be sorry.  I just need to be more observant when a warning comes up on the controller.
2018-5-23
Use props
Neal McGuire
lvl.2

United States

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-5-23 02:03
Yeah I wish there was a way to suppress the messages or have them sent via txt to a mobile device instead.

No, that message is too important. It needs to be there.
2018-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules