RC won't connect after initial flight
434 6 2018-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans094719fe
lvl.1
United States

Having a new problem after months of sucessful flights. Everything works fine for the first flight but after shutting everything down to change batteries, the RC will not connect again the the mavic. Tried different methods of rebinding without success. If I let everything sit for half and hour, it works again. This has happened in different places far from any interference. Aircraft has never been crashed or even landed hard. No recent updates to firmware or app. This happens with or without the display device connected.
Any idea why this is happening?
2018-5-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Have you tried maybe updating the firmware on both or refreshing existing firmware?
2018-5-16
Use props
fans094719fe
lvl.1
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-5-16 10:57
Have you tried maybe updating the firmware on both or refreshing existing firmware?

Is there a known bug in the firmware that causes this? Otherwise there is no reason to upgrade. Firmware doesn't degrade like oil in your car. You should not have to refresh it. I know that is the standard line for every problem, but it makes no sense.
2018-5-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

fans094719fe Posted at 2018-5-16 11:52
Is there a known bug in the firmware that causes this? Otherwise there is no reason to upgrade. Firmware doesn't degrade like oil in your car. You should not have to refresh it. I know that is the standard line for every problem, but it makes no sense.

What firmware are you on for RC and AC, I have refreshed my formware once or twice when i was having issues and it was good after
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. As Suren mentioned, please try to refresh the firmware for the drone and the remote controller to check if it fixes or not. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we're glad to help.
2018-5-17
Use props
fans094719fe
lvl.1
United States

What can this possibly have to do with firmware? The Mavic has worked fine on the current firmware for many months. Firmware does not spoil like last weeks milk. This seems to be a problem with heat. If I put the RC in the freezer for a while. It will reconnect.
2018-5-17
Use props
fans094719fe
lvl.1
United States

Updated the firmware before calling just because I knew DJI support would insist. Of course it did not do any good. I am sending it in for repair.
2018-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules