DJI Go 4 on Samsung Tab 4 8.0
4139 7 2018-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mrmagloo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

I just got off the phone with 1st level Tech Support (I think) who had me uninstall and reinstall the app 3 times and insists that the app will run on a Samsung Tab 4 8.0 running Android 5.1.1.

I have zero interest in buying another tablet for this thing, so before returning the MPP, I figured I'd give it one last stab here to see if this can be resolved.

Please advise. Thanks in advance.
2018-5-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Your problem is not with the Dji Product but the Samsung Product, refer to the screen shot here, the new app requires a minimum of 3gigs of ram to function flawlessly, 2 gigs will work but there must be nothing else running in the background. Remember that all android products come with a lot of bloatware that consumes memory so if your tab has 1.5 gigs of ram only around 0.7 is available to be used or consumed by other apps.
2018-5-16
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for the reply.  Again, I spoke with the Techs who had me confirm model numbers, Android version, etc, etc. and they insisted the app would run. I don't mind if I have to strip out all bloatware, and all other apps to make a dedicated tablet, but having to buy a new one just isn't in the cards.
2018-5-16
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I had all sorts of issues with Samsungs after the last FW update, retired those suckers now for ipad mini 4's.

Your issue isn't with the MavicPP it is the Samsung 100% You might not want to consider a new tablet, and I get that, but the ipad mini 4 has performed flawlessly with all my drones allowing a moderation of comfort flying stress free.  
2018-5-16
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would try stripping it down and doing a factory reset on your device. I also have a Galaxy Tab 4 but I am running OS 4.4.2. I did a factory reset and then just installed DJI GO 4 and its runs on my tablet.

On the other hand it doesn't perform the best on this tablet. I get a lot of screen buffering and signal lost messages if I'm around any large trees or buildings. So for now I use my iPhone 8+ for regular flying and my Samsung for flying Litchi Waypoint flights.
2018-5-16
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
United States

OK, thank you guys. I checked with them before buying to ensure I had what I needed. Had I know I had to get a new tablet too, I probably would have just opted for a let costly bird.

I also, the MPP was $100 more than the MP, roughly 10% higher.  However, the Care Refresh is $129 for the MPP vs $99 for the MP.  Seems weird that they charge 30% more for the MPP over the MP?

Every time I turn around, the dollar signs just keep going up on this venture.
2018-5-16
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

MrArcher Posted at 2018-5-16 12:33
OK, thank you guys. I checked with them before buying to ensure I had what I needed. Had I know I had to get a new tablet too, I probably would have just opted for a let costly bird.

I also, the MPP was $100 more than the MP, roughly 10% higher.  However, the Care Refresh is $129 for the MPP vs $99 for the MP.  Seems weird that they charge 30% more for the MPP over the MP?

If you have a new cell phone you can use that for the time being and then save up for a newer tablet.

I use my cell phone all the time and it does the job.
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Could you be more specific your main problem?  The DJI GO4 app unable to run on your Samsung Tab 4, right? If so, you are recommended to try another mobile device to do the troubleshooting, please refer to the compatible mobile device list below, thanks!

2018-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules