Anyone use mavmount with ipad mini or nexus 7?
1307 15 2018-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Captdan555
lvl.3
Flight distance : 301047 ft

I'm looking at the mavmount for mavix pro.  Questions: can you still use the usb connection on the lower center in the controller? Can you still see the controller info?  My nexus 7 is 4 7/8 inches wide.  Seems the mount for the ipad mini would work?
2018-5-16
Use props
HyLenz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1848182 ft
United States

The Mavic Pro RC will accept devices up to 7.9" wide and about 1/4" thick without a mount. I tried a mount (not the official Mav Mount) with my mini 4 and hated it for several reasons. Another thing to carry - does not fit in my Fly More Combo bag well, partially blocks the RC screen, throws everything out of balance - even with a lanyard it still does not hang right, always messing with getting and keeping it in the right position. The only good thing was it had a little compartment to hold extra SD cards and filters. There should be no problems with access to the USB port...
2018-5-16
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

I Agree with HyLenz. It's way more a hassle than what it's worth. I sold mine after two weeks.
2018-5-16
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Woe Posted at 2018-5-16 11:30
I Agree with HyLenz. It's way more a hassle than what it's worth. I sold mine after two weeks.

I find both your and HyLenz comments outside the realm of actual reality...

Putting a big honking tablet in the RC is very unergonomic, and owning a MavMount I think it's perfectly balanced, and for those saying it blocks the RC screen, who cares???

The tablet (even phone) display ALL the same information as the screen, it's completely redundant.
2018-5-16
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-5-16 11:55

Putting a big honking tablet in the RC is very unergonomic, and owning a MavMount I think it's perfectly balanced, and for those saying it blocks the RC screen, who cares???

I use a different mount that's cheaper and better for me. Maybe it works for you but not for me. Mav-Mount is OVERRATED.
2018-5-16
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Whilst a little pricey there are alternatives out there to the mavmount. What I found exceptional is the hoodman again pricey but worth every single penny, cuts out glare 100% and you don't need to place your head into the hoodman to see either.  And use a DJI harness if you must for support.

2018-5-16
Use props
HyLenz
Second Officer
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-5-16 11:55

In reality, a 4-8" device is not a "big honking tablet". In reality, a 4-8" device with the RC is not ergonomically incorrect. It's quite comfortable in fact. The OP mentioned a 5" device, not a big honking tablet. I'm not sure why you'd want any mount if your device can be mounted in the controller. I'm sure someone has a reason. The mount is just more junk to carry unless you like to fly using a device that does not fit the controller...
2018-5-16
Use props
HyLenz
Second Officer
United States

M2Wair Posted at 2018-5-16 12:37
Whilst a little pricey there are alternatives out there to the mavmount. What I found exceptional is the hoodman again pricey but worth every single penny, cuts out glare 100% and you don't need to place your head into the hoodman to see either.  And use a DJI harness if you must for support.

[view_image]

Wow, nice. I bet that draws a crowd...
2018-5-16
Use props
Thudd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1624787 ft

I have a Nexus 7 II and an Ipad mini 4. Both fit in the controller arms. As others have stated, it's a hassle carrying around an extra piece of hardware.  
2018-5-16
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>

My $8.95 setup neck strap included.
2018-5-16
Use props
Captdan555
lvl.3
Flight distance : 301047 ft
United States

Thudd Posted at 2018-5-16 14:36
I have a Nexus 7 II and an Ipad mini 4. Both fit in the controller arms. As others have stated, it's a hassle carrying around an extra piece of hardware.

Glad to know someone is using a nexus 7 successfully.  Mine has so many video issues I can't use it.  In fact just posted on the fourm the issues. Shane as I was looking forward to giving it a try.
2018-5-16
Use props
Harbour Guy
lvl.2
Canada

I have an iPad mini 4 which as stated above does fit in the controller grips just fine.  I opted for a holder the keeps the mini out of the way of the controller.... Made by LifThor and sold by Thor's Drone World in Norway.  You have to make sure you get the proper clamp to fit the mini 4.  These folks were extremely easy to deal with.  I've used it a coupe of times so far and really like it; well balanced as well.

https://www.thorsdroneworld.com/ ... fthor-v3-for-phones

2018-5-16
Use props
Jordak
lvl.4
Flight distance : 954140 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the Mavmount with an Ipad 9.7 in. (2017 model) . Works well for me and I just think it is what the user prefers and what works for them !
2018-5-16
Use props
Mohinder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 920489 ft
Belgium

Woe Posted at 2018-5-16 14:44
[view_image] My $8.95 setup neck strap included.[view_image]

This mount is perfect, I have the same but white
2018-5-16
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

HyLenz Posted at 2018-5-16 13:55
Wow, nice. I bet that draws a crowd...

Everything fits nicely into a carry case for easy portability, quick to set up and for me the perfect solution to glare and seeing the screen 100% of the time.  If you need to frame a shot, position the aircraft with precision or fly at distance the hoodman can't be beaten and must be used with a mount for usage. The mount I have is ok but I have tonight ordered new mavmounts for easier access to the sticks, giving more room.  
2018-5-16
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>

Mohinder Posted at 2018-5-16 15:09
This mount is perfect, I have the same but white

One of my best purchases to-date for my Mavic.
2018-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules