Altitude questions...
835 11 2018-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steelospeed
lvl.2

United Kingdom

This might be a stupid question, but feel I need to ask...as I'm still a total novice after only a couple of weeks of Spark ownership.

I'll be taking my Spark with me next month when I go to the Outer Hebrides for a week of landscape photography, and was just wondering that when I'm set up on a cliff top with my camera and have time to fly my Spark, once the Spark leaves land and goes over the sea from the cliff top, if this happens to be higher than max altitude from the sea, will the Spark drop in altitude, therefore not allowing me to bring it back onto the cliff top to land?

I hope I've explained what I mean correctly
2018-5-16
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The altitude only changes when you ascend/descend. So, when flying straight over the edge of the cliff, the altitude will remain the same.
2018-5-16
Use props
Steelospeed
lvl.2

United Kingdom

msinger Posted at 2018-5-16 11:12
The altitude only changes when you ascend/descend. So, when flying straight over the edge of the cliff, the altitude will remain the same.

Thanks msinger!  I had assumed as much, but wanted to check to make sure.  I thought it might have been a stupid question
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Steelospeed Posted at 2018-5-16 11:14
Thanks msinger!  I had assumed as much, but wanted to check to make sure.  I thought it might have been a stupid question

If you fly lower than the take off point, the altitude will be negative number. For example, flying your drone from cliff top to land.
2018-5-16
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

Takeoff point is 0meters.. You could take of mount everest and desend, and then fo back up if you liked.
2018-5-16
Use props
drewhoover
lvl.4
Flight distance : 323455 ft

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-5-16 20:23
Takeoff point is 0meters.. You could take of mount everest and desend, and then fo back up if you liked.

Taking off of Mount Everest is frowned upon because of 1. Wind 2. Cole temperatures and 3. Thinner air, requiring the motors to work harder
2018-5-16
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

drewhoover Posted at 2018-5-16 20:57
Taking off of Mount Everest is frowned upon because of 1. Wind 2. Cole temperatures and 3. Thinner air, requiring the motors to work harder

Well, you get my point... And i bet it could be done
2018-5-17
Use props
Steelospeed
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks folks
2018-5-17
Use props
Capn Pete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11788 ft
Australia

Hi, I'm a newbie to this forum, and I can't seem to find any related thread to put this question into.

I'm using my drone for commercial purposes, to take photos along a set bearing at different heights, and I'd love to be able to have the altitude (as a minimum) and ideally, also the bearing, overlaid onto the photos I am taking. The only way I can currently do this is to take a screen capture of my mobile phone, but then I lose resolution compared to the photos stored in the Spark's SD card.

Is there any way to have the altitude and bearing overlaid in the photos recorded on the SD card?
2018-9-16
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Capn Pete Posted at 2018-9-16 03:22
Hi, I'm a newbie to this forum, and I can't seem to find any related thread to put this question into.

I'm using my drone for commercial purposes, to take photos along a set bearing at different heights, and I'd love to be able to have the altitude (as a minimum) and ideally, also the bearing, overlaid onto the photos I am taking. The only way I can currently do this is to take a screen capture of my mobile phone, but then I lose resolution compared to the photos stored in the Spark's SD card.

You can use Racerender or another called Dashware or to overlay telemetry data of  your choice on the video form the sd card. I do it frequently.
Racerender is a paid for program, Dashware free.
2018-9-16
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430364 ft
Canada

msinger Posted at 2018-5-16 11:12
The altitude only changes when you ascend/descend. So, when flying straight over the edge of the cliff, the altitude will remain the same.

Thats a great and simple way to put it, probably fly it out my 16th floor balcony. But it s too risky. thanks
2018-9-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Capn Pete Posted at 2018-9-16 03:22

I'm using my drone for commercial purposes, to take photos along a set bearing at different heights, and I'd love to be able to have the altitude (as a minimum) and ideally, also the bearing, overlaid onto the photos I am taking. The only way I can currently do this is to take a screen capture of my mobile phone, but then I lose resolution compared to the photos stored in the Spark's SD card.

No but you can record sound to your device during flight so call out the altitude etc for future play back
2018-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules