Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Assistant 2 will not load Firmware P4 Pro Vr2
1318 16 2018-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paul2660
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone with a Phantom 4 Pro Vr 2 been able to connect to DJI assistant 2, (the latest version downloaded from the P4 Vr2 page) and see the firmware installed on the drone?

I have downloaded Vr 2.0 and when I connect, the symbol shows connection, then comes up with the Phantom 4 Pro Vr 2.  However once I click on it, and try to look at firmware, I get the error, "Cannot load firmware list, please retry".  No matter how many attempts, it will not load it.  

I was able to refresh the firmware via djigo4, however currently I can't do anything with Dji Assistant 2, see firmware, flight data etc.  

My older P4 Pro with the older version of Assistant 2 never has had this issue, or my Mavic.  I have tried loading Assistant on both Mac (High Sierra) and Win 10.  Both systems have the same problem.  

I would appreciate any ideas on how to fix this.

Thanks
Paul Caldwell

2018-5-16
Use props
paul2660
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A bit more info.

For Mavic Spark and P4 Pro the Version of DJI Assistant is 1.2.3.  With this version I can connect with no problem.

On the downloads page for the P4 VR 2.0, the version of DJI Assistant is 2.0.0.  It also installs with a different name,  "DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom"

With this version, I cannot get the firmware info to show.  It just asks me to retry over and over.

Thanks
Paul Caldwell
2018-5-16
Use props
BKendrew
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I had same issue.  It was because I was not logged on to the assistant software. Also needed to activate the drone via go app first.
2018-5-16
Use props
regnirts
New
Flight distance : 293615 ft
United States

I am having the same problem and imu calibration issues. straight out of the box. All my other Phantoms were trouble free from day one
2018-5-16
Use props
paul2660
Second Officer
  • >>>

BKendrew Posted at 2018-5-16 15:40
I had same issue.  It was because I was not logged on to the assistant software. Also needed to activate the drone via go app first.

Hi, appreciate the feedback.

I thought of that, and logged in after I activated the Drone via DjIGo4, still no joy.  Can't load firmware.

Just spins asking to try again.

Paul Caldwell
2018-5-16
Use props
paul2660
Second Officer
  • >>>

regnirts Posted at 2018-5-16 16:09
I am having the same problem and imu calibration issues. straight out of the box. All my other Phantoms were trouble free from day one

IMU went OK, for me.  

However on first flight, I had a strange compass error, telling me loss of calibration.  Still had plenty of signal.  Had not gone far so came back down, looked at compasses in the djigo4 and both showed an error.  

So I cycled power, then came back into the app and re calibrated compass and they stayed OK for rest of the flights.  

Again another reason I wanted to get into DJI assistant 2 as I wanted to see the .DAT from the drone in regards to the compass error.  

On third flight had signal interference warnings.  I was on 5.8 but near many homes, so I dropped back to 2.4 and had no other problems with that.

Definitely as smooth a start as P4 Pro was.

Paul Caldwell

2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If it is possible, please try to restart the PC and change another connecting cable for trying. Besides, I will forward this case to the engineers to confirm. Thank you for your feedback, will get back to you once I hear anything from them.
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

regnirts Posted at 2018-5-16 16:09
I am having the same problem and imu calibration issues. straight out of the box. All my other Phantoms were trouble free from day one

May I know the drone and version of DJI Assistant 2 you are using?
As for the IMU calibration, please try to power off the drone first and cool it down. Restart the drone and calibrate the IMU again. See if it helps.
2018-5-16
Use props
paul2660
Second Officer
  • >>>

I am running the latest version. 2.0.0 of Assistant 2.  As noted it is called DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom.

As of last night Controller appears defective as when I turn it in all I get are blinking red light and beeping.  Net controller error.

Not sure if I want to repair or just return the whole package.

Paul Caldwell
2018-5-17
Use props
BKendrew
Second Officer
  • >>>

Another thought. It may be your firewall or virus protection.  When I 1st tried installing assistant 2 my antivirus (norton) quarantined the program and deleted it. I had to temporarily disable Norton and install. You fire wall maybe blocking the program.
2018-5-17
Use props
paul2660
Second Officer
  • >>>

Hi,

Not a firewall issue, I have checked this on both Mac (no firewall enabled) and on win 10 webroot anti virus, but installed Assistant with exceptions.  

Older versions 1.2.3 which are titled Assistant 2, work fine, on Spark, Mavic and P4 Pro.  Only issue is the newer version 2.0.0 and P4 Pro V 2.0.

Due to this issue and controller issue, I have forwarded to main DJI support a request for a return/refund.  Never have seen so many issues with a product, but this is the first time I bought at the beginning of a life cycle.  (well besides Crystalsky, which IMO is still not ready for prime time on Phantom).

Hopefully I can get this returned/credited and then order a new one.  

Paul Caldwell
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

paul2660 Posted at 2018-5-17 03:29
I am running the latest version. 2.0.0 of Assistant 2.  As noted it is called DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom.

As of last night Controller appears defective as when I turn it in all I get are blinking red light and beeping.  Net controller error.

Hi there, we got a news from the engineers. It is because Phantom 4 pro v2.0 has not released a firmware at this moment, so the list does not show the firmware list.
As for the RC problem, if it is blinking red and beeping, it might due to the low battery, please try to charge the RC, you can also try to calibrate the RC stick. See if it works.
2018-5-17
Use props
paul2660
Second Officer
  • >>>

Note to DJI Thor,

Thanks for the info on the Firmware issue.  Not sure I understand, does that mean that after a firmware update, you will be able to use Assistant 2 for Phantom on the P4 Pro Vr 2?

As for the controller, I am sending you a PM, as I am don't want to air dirty laundry online. But to your question, yes the controller is fully charged.  It was after charging that the problem started.

Paul Caldwell
2018-5-18
Use props
fans5ade36c0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1220 ft
United States

I also cannot connect through the Assistant.  I'm using a MacBook Pro and the version of Assistant is showing as 1.2.4.  When I used DJI Go 4 the drone activated and the only update seemed to be related to an inconsistent firmware.  In addition, when I tried to link my goggles it would not link.  The goggles did update but still only reports that it works with Mavic Pro only.  The Mavic Pro Phantom e Pro V2 option shown in DJI's video is not available.

Jack Hubbs
2018-5-19
Use props
paul2660
Second Officer
  • >>>

fans5ade36c0 Posted at 2018-5-19 11:19
I also cannot connect through the Assistant.  I'm using a MacBook Pro and the version of Assistant is showing as 1.2.4.  When I used DJI Go 4 the drone activated and the only update seemed to be related to an inconsistent firmware.  In addition, when I tried to link my goggles it would not link.  The goggles did update but still only reports that it works with Mavic Pro only.  The Mavic Pro Phantom e Pro V2 option shown in DJI's video is not available.

Jack Hubbs

That version of assistant 1.2.4 or 1.2.3 will not connect with the P4 Pro Ver 2.0

You can download Ver 2.0.0 from the downloads section under the DJI downloads section for the P4 Vr 2.0.  This version will install as "Assistant 2 for Phantom"  which is also strange since the name implies it will work with any Phantom, but my P4 Pro will only connect with the older Vr named Assistant 2, vr 1.2.3.

There is also a updated user manual, again confusing as the title of the manual only mentions the P4 Pro, however DJI did make many updates related only to the P4 Pro Vr 2.0 inside the manual, so it's worth a download.  

Paul Caldwell
2018-5-20
Use props
SkyVidPhoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1220 ft
United States

paul2660 Posted at 2018-5-20 06:56
That version of assistant 1.2.4 or 1.2.3 will not connect with the P4 Pro Ver 2.0

You can download Ver 2.0.0 from the downloads section under the DJI downloads section for the P4 Vr 2.0.  This version will install as "Assistant 2 for Phantom"  which is also strange since the name implies it will work with any Phantom, but my P4 Pro will only connect with the older Vr named Assistant 2, vr 1.2.3.

Thanks, Paul.  I'll give it a look.  Now if they would just update the goggles...
2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

paul2660 Posted at 2018-5-18 16:39
Note to DJI Thor,

Thanks for the info on the Firmware issue.  Not sure I understand, does that mean that after a firmware update, you will be able to use Assistant 2 for Phantom on the P4 Pro Vr 2?

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, if a new firmware is released, the firmware list will appear.
And I responded your PM, please kindly check the PM at your convenience.
Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap.
2018-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules