mavic pro range.
634 5 2018-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
browndroneboy
lvl.3
Canada

so i have a mavic pro, i live in a residetnal area today i took my drone out and i couldnt seem to get past 500m before i got transmission breakout. and at one point after showing 14 satalittes it went into atti more when it was around 200m away. why is it that i cant even get close to 1km before i breakout and returns home. can someone tell me is it because of interferrence of houses.
2018-5-16
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

You need to fly in line of sight and the antennas straight up and always facing the AC. You can increase the height to try to keep the AC in line of sight otherwise fly in a different area.
2018-5-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

best way to test this is go to an open area and do a good test, the pro has good range urban areas have a lot of interference.
2018-5-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

and at one point after showing 14 satalittes it went into atti

Have you looked at Mavic Pro's flight log to see if there are any warning or error messages in log?
Here is Link, if you don't have it bookmarked: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

As a PS:

Dear DJI,

Please make available to registered DJI Droner owners, a Webpage that will do what Phantom Help's LogViewer does and fill in some of gaps with information from our drone's BlackBox data.
Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Me

2018-5-16
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I think when achieving only short range, the issue of interference in your flying location will cause the Mavic Pro to RTH and this will continue to happen unless you fly in less urban areas.
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please refer to the suggestions above. Obstacles and WiFi interference and so on will affect the distance of the drone. Try to fly the drone in open areas, keep the RC antennas pointed correctly to the drone, besides, make sure that the drone and RC are on the latest or consistency firmware version. See if it helps.
2018-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules