Error code 36 when dumping cards
2258 5 2018-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kapplerphoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2207602 ft

When I dump my cards from the P4P on my iMac  I have no problem at all. I usually dump the card to an external hard drive dedicated to drone footage.

When I dump my card using my MacBook Pro I get a few of the files that won't transfer and it says error code 36

I looked that up and it has to do with mac/windows compatibility, there is a hidden file written when you transfer files to a Windows machine and Mac OS won't handle it, stops the transfer and shows this error code 36. I have tried dumping the card to the macbook internal drive and several external drives that I know work with my iMac.

A fix is to run the files thru a cleaner command "dot_clean" in Terminal but I tried it and it doesn't make any difference.

I have never transferred anything to a windows machine

I am away and trying to do this on my laptop, i will try it on the iMac when I get back home. I have not re-used the cards.

Has anyone experienced this and if so did you find away around it?

Thanks in advance
2018-5-16
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Yeah, more Mac rubbish. This shows you how to get rid of the error:
2018-5-16
Use props
Kapplerphoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2207602 ft

Geebax Posted at 2018-5-16 20:13
Yeah, more Mac rubbish. This shows you how to get rid of the error: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC3O-3ymVEE

Thanks, I tried it and it made no difference, still doesn't work
2018-5-16
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Kapplerphoto Posted at 2018-5-16 20:39
Thanks, I tried it and it made no difference, still doesn't work

Sorry, I cannot help you further, I don't mac.
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Maybe you can try to contact Apple support for further help. Hope others who have this issue can also provide you with some info.
2018-5-20
Use props
dorbot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 844770 ft

Credit card dumps are when you go to a very posh toilet and they don't take cash or cheques.
2018-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules