Annoying AIRCRAFT DISCONNECTED error on Mavic Pro!
16162 8 2018-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Soam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 661627 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Hi, I have been flying my Mavic Pro for last 2 years without issues and done over more than 300+ flights, but since last week, when I have upgraded to the latest firmware on DJI assistant, something isnt right.   Im using iPhone X and it keeps on telling me AIRCRAFT DISCONNECTED even before I hit take off.   And even if takes off, then it goes AIRCRAFT DISCONNECTED again in 4-5 mins and I have to RTH or else manually pull it back to me.   Whats wrong ?   Its not the cable for sure, I have tried with 3 apple cable already and I use the DJI controller short cable only since last 2 years without issues.    Whats the solution to this ?  Im so frustrated to this, as I came to New Zealand for some epic footages and ended up with this crap.  The mavic has not even done a single 10 min flight yet, as it disconnected in 2-3 mins at max or even 10 seconds mostly, 90% of time.  
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience. Could you please try to refresh the firmware for the drone and the remote controller to see if it fixes or not? At the same time, in order to do the troubleshooting, please try the flight in different locations where the GPS is good and no magnetic interference. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know.
2018-5-17
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure the firmware on the AC and RC match with DJI Assitant 2. If they match try refreshing both and try again. I am sure you know this already but did not mention that you upgraded both in your OP. I have also pesonally stuck with FW verision .0100 because upgrades past that version caused issues for my Mavic; Livestream, gimble and vision sensor issues. I am hoping DJI can produce a more reliable version in upcoming releases.

I hope the refresh of AC/RC resolves the issue. Do try rolling back also if a refresh doesnt help.
2018-5-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-5-17 02:42
Make sure the firmware on the AC and RC match with DJI Assitant 2. If they match try refreshing both and try again. I am sure you know this already but did not mention that you upgraded both in your OP. I have also pesonally stuck with FW verision .0100 because upgrades past that version caused issues for my Mavic; Livestream, gimble and vision sensor issues. I am hoping DJI can produce a more reliable version in upcoming releases.

I hope the refresh of AC/RC resolves the issue. Do try rolling back also if a refresh doesnt help.

I am with you, same with me stuck on 100 anything beyond that seems to cause issues with certain drones.
2018-5-17
Use props
Soam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 661627 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

RC firmware flash ?

How ?

I have never seen any option in DJI ASSISTANT for resetting firmware of RC ???
2018-5-18
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Soam Posted at 2018-5-18 00:36
RC firmware flash ?

How ?

2018-5-18
Use props
E.W. Aerials
lvl.3
Flight distance : 313205 ft
  • >>>
United States

It’s an iPhone X thing put it in airplane mode and no more issues!
2018-5-18
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Someone with the iPhone X posted the same problem, what you can do immediately is uninstall and reinstall the DJI GO 4 App and if that doesn't resolve the issue reverting back to an earlier version of the App is another step you can take?
2018-5-18
Use props
mfd14534
New
Flight distance : 9915 ft
United States

I realize this is an old thread, but I found a fix for my Aircraft Disconnects on my iPhone 7+.  

Try cleaning out the Lightning connector on your phone.  Those connectors are notorious for building up "pocket lint".  Its not an issue if all you use the Lightning connector for is charging, but when you are sending data thru it, the lint build up becomes a problem.

This solved my Aircraft Disconnect issue.
2019-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules