Mavic Air doesn’t respond on powering up
2351 19 2018-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Keifyo
lvl.1
Australia

Hi there, I’ve had my Mavic for less than 2 weeks.. haven’t been flying it much, about 30mins flight time..
the last time I it played with it everything was fine.. I turned off the MA, took the battery out to charge.. the next day I put the battery back in and nothing!!!
The battery status lights does the normal sweep then stays on but the drone doesn’t do anything!! No beeps, no movement of motors, no lights!!!
I read others bricked it whilst doing firmware update but mine was flying fine the last time..
help please..
Thanks
2018-5-17
Use props
LookAt_Wictim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2621982 ft
Slovakia

Hi, try to refresh fw on mavic via dji assistant or try another battery if u have.
2018-5-17
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

LookAt_Wictim Posted at 2018-5-17 05:15
Hi, try to refresh fw on mavic via dji assistant or try another battery if u have.

If it wont power up, I dont think it will update. I might be wrong, but I've always had to power up to do a update. Try hooking the battery to the charger and see what it does.
2018-5-17
Use props
Keifyo
lvl.1
Australia

Hooked it to my laptop.. nothing happens.. it doesn’t register with DJI assistant
All 3 batteries are fully charged, MA still dead regardless of which battery..
2018-5-17
Use props
Danger Lampost
lvl.4

United States

Closely examine the metal connectors on the bottom of your batteries where it makes an electrical connection with your drone, and more importantly, examine the connectors on your Air looking for bent connectors or other signs of damage there.
2018-5-17
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Would get a case started with DJI as it sounds bricked.  They should gladly accept this one, well one would hope.
2018-5-17
Use props
Keifyo
lvl.1
Australia

Yeah I’ve checked the connections and they all seem normal.. if bent I’d doubt the battery would be able to lock in place..
By starting a case do you mean start an inquiry for sending it in for warranty? If so I’ll do that later when I get back from work..
Prior to doing so should I remove the full body stickers I’ve applied?
I’ve heard DJI will void warranty for wrong props so maybe they might void for sticker?
F55775D0-26F1-4BF0-8D3F-F5EAC654A8A3.jpeg
2018-5-17
Use props
Keifyo
lvl.1
Australia

Pics of my Mavic
93C9DFDF-7C4A-41B6-870A-B1592F5DC705.jpeg
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Keifyo, do you still remember the current firmware of your drone? Could you please provide me with a picture of the batter slot? I would like to have a check on it.
2018-5-17
Use props
Keifyo
lvl.1
Australia

Firmware would’ve been the lastest
Pins seems to be fine unless they’re supposed to be all of equal length..
3E0BFDE7-3DD3-4396-86FA-46AC5FFF443B.jpeg
2018-5-17
Use props
Keifyo
lvl.1
Australia

There u go
82CA1944-E99F-4E22-B35D-7183799C0D31.jpeg
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry for the late response. after confirming with the engineers, we suggest sending the drone in for diagnosis. Please kindly contact our support to start a case on the following website. Once you receive a case number, please provide it to me. Sorry for the inconvenience. http://www.dji.com/support
2018-5-24
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you properly power the drone up?

Like double tapping the battery button then holding it for 2 seconds?  Rookie mistake I made when first started flying occasionally forget needed to double tap and hold it. I still sometimes misjudged my timing and pull my finger away too soon.  
2018-5-24
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for double post.  But I don’t believe that there is a way to completely brick the drone.  You should see some form of life.  

Initially part of the start up is very rarely if ever touched.  Called POST, power on self test and usually no reason to ever change its routine so even if rest of the firmware is corrupted it should start up partially before the processor crashes out and bootloops or just turns off.  
2018-5-24
Use props
Keifyo
lvl.1
Australia

@DJI THOR
I’ve sent my MA to DJI in Victoria, Australia to have it checked out..
The case no: CAS-1791686-R0F5Q6
Thanks..
@HereForTheBe if you read the post properly you would’ve noticed that I’ve flown the MA a few times already, so I do know how to power up the MA...
2018-5-24
Use props
Keifyo
lvl.1
Australia

I seems more of a hardware problem than software... maybe one of the cables internally that runs from the battery port to the main board dislodged somehow and no power goin into MA unit at all so POST can’t even initiate... Tried all 3 batteries and still no response.. I’ve only used 1 battery with the other 2 charged but never flown with..
2018-5-24
Use props
Tooter Turtle
Second Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-5-24 00:28
Did you properly power the drone up?

Like double tapping the battery button then holding it for 2 seconds?  Rookie mistake I made when first started flying occasionally forget needed to double tap and hold it. I still sometimes misjudged my timing and pull my finger away too soon.

I push the button quickly once then immediately push and hold till it shows life which is usually 1-2 seconds.  
2018-5-24
Use props
Keifyo
lvl.1
Australia

Just got reply back from DJI (Victoria, Australia) the “Power Board” needs to be replaced. Surprisingly even though it’s less than a month old they’re charging me for something that’s damaged/ faulty. Shouldn’t that be covered under warranty? I know I didn’t damage it due to my usage cause I used DJI charger & DJI batteries and followed their operating instructions..
Right now I just want my MA BACK!
So I paid $47 for the board, $60 for service and $15 for shipping.
$107 for something that should’ve been covered by warranty, not happy DJI!!!
2018-5-28
Use props
Free2be
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229570 ft

Have you ever crash the MA, before this problem?
2018-5-28
Use props
Keifyo
lvl.1
Australia

I’ve flown the MA 4 times and Never crashed before! I’ve always managed to land the Mavic safely.
The issue/fault was an internal component, namely the power board. I’ve got the Fly More Combo but I’ve only ever flown with the one DJI battery & left the other 2 in the bag just Incase.
2018-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules