3825 16 2018-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fanatic_NL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 754806 ft
Netherlands

Hi all,

I'm very new on the forum and it looks very well with lot's of information I can use!

But one thing I need your help with is the next thing..
My Mavic Air (im kind of a new pilot, I have some histroy with drones of others) is drifting backwards. If I jam the stick a few times it starts to hoover stabile. But after movements it again starts to drift.

I've tried to calibrate the drone and controller with no solution.
Also i've tried the back to factory settings of the Mavic and i'm running the latest firmware version.

looking at my flightlogs I mentioned that (when I don't touch my sticks)  my right control stick says that I'm giving imput to fly backwards at 21 or 22%. (see att)

Did someone also had this problem? whats the solution?

I am 100% sure i didn;t move the sticks at this moment of flight...

thanks in advice!

greetings,
Freek

2018-5-17
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

You must calibrate your sticks from DJIGO4 while the drones are on the ground and  turned on. Simply follow the instructions given by DJIGO4 under "Remute Controller Calibration" at the top of the page to the controller. Good Luck.   

Regards Leif.
2018-5-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

If that fails try a cold imu recal
2018-5-17
Use props
Fanatic_NL
lvl.2
Netherlands

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-17 08:26
You must calibrate your sticks from DJIGO4 while the drones are on the ground and  turned on. Simply follow the instructions given by DJIGO4 under "Remute Controller Calibration" at the top of the page to the controller. Good Luck.   

Regards Leif.

Hi Leif,

I did calibrate the sticks in the GO4 app.. without result... while calibrating I directly noticed it sometimes "randomly" starts to head back... So i looks like my controller gives my mavic the signal to fly backwards...
2018-5-18
Use props
Fanatic_NL
lvl.2
Netherlands

Suren Posted at 2018-5-17 09:11
If that fails try a cold imu recal

you mean calibrating the imu?

Already did that also...
2018-5-18
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Fanatic_NL Posted at 2018-5-18 03:53
Hi Leif,

I did calibrate the sticks in the GO4 app.. without result... while calibrating I directly noticed it sometimes "randomly" starts to head back... So i looks like my controller gives my mavic the signal to fly backwards...

Then the controller must be defective. You must then return it to the repair where you bought your Mavic Air.

Good luck, Leif.
2018-5-18
Use props
Fanatic_NL
lvl.2
Netherlands

Landbo Posted at 2018-5-18 04:21
Then the controller must be defective. You must then return it to the repair where you bought your Mavic Air.

Good luck, Leif.

That's not what i would like to hear...

Thank you for the info!

gr
Freek
2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, did the RC fell or have impact damage before? If calibrating the RC acts the same, I suggest sending the RC in for diagnosis.
Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out.
2018-5-20
Use props
Fanatic_NL
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-20 19:04
Just to verify, did the RC fell or have impact damage before? If calibrating the RC acts the same, I suggest sending the RC in for diagnosis.
Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out.

Hi Thor,

No definitely not! it's brand new and no scratch on it!
I've also (read about it) the bleeping problem of the controller... so probably it is the controller... a few days ago i tried after recalibrating everything another flight... again the problems there...

Thanks for the link! Im now trying my last moves before fill in the form... i cant test now its already dark here..

thanks again,

Freek
2018-5-30
Use props
Fanatic_NL
lvl.2
Netherlands

after recalibrating the bleeping is gone again...

i've made a video about what happens...

it looks like it's getting worse... (first was about 21%)

tomorrow i'm going to try and fly without my controller (iphone connection) A last test to ensure its the controller...
2018-5-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Fanatic_NL Posted at 2018-5-30 13:12
Hi Thor,

No definitely not! it's brand new and no scratch on it!

Freek, sorry for the late update. Have you got the result of the flight test? If the drone also drifts when it is not connected to the RC, you might need to send both the drone and RC back. Sorry for this situation.
2018-6-4
Use props
Fanatic_NL
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-6-4 03:55
Freek, sorry for the late update. Have you got the result of the flight test? If the drone also drifts when it is not connected to the RC, you might need to send both the drone and RC back. Sorry for this situation.

Hi Thor,

no problem. No I didn't had the chance to test it because of the weather conditions (thunderstorms -> thor ) . hopefully in a few hours...

Yes, that was the conclusion i also made...

2018-6-4
Use props
JERRY K
lvl.3
Flight distance : 308327 ft
United States

When you are descending does the craft have a tendency to spin to the right?
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Fanatic_NL Posted at 2018-6-4 05:11
Hi Thor,

no problem. No I didn't had the chance to test it because of the weather conditions (thunderstorms -> thor ) . hopefully in a few hours...

Lol. Hope the good weather comes soon.
2018-6-6
Use props
Fanatic_NL
lvl.2
Netherlands

JERRY K Posted at 2018-6-4 10:08
When you are descending does the craft have a tendency to spin to the right?

Hi Jerry,

I can't confirm it but my last flight last week when the trouble with my controller started i had 2 or 3 times that it spinned going down and up... but i cant confirm that it was a controller error.. or maybe you can tell me more about it..

gr,
Freek
2018-6-7
Use props
Fanatic_NL
lvl.2
Netherlands

Well... finally good weather for my test flight without my controller.

I was a bit scary doing it (never done it before) because that if there would be a drone error, the possibility was there that a fly-away could happen...

When I started my flight is was directly steady as it should be. never seen it this steady in the air... so I can confirm its about my controller..
see image:

So this weekend i'm going to write a hardware support ticket to DJI for a controller replacement..

I'll keep you posted when more info is available!

(So glad there is nothing wrong with the drone!)

gr,
Freek
2018-6-7
Use props
fans94f68c14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 716375 ft
Argentina

Hola. Mi nombre es Mauricio.
Yo pude solucionar el problema de deriva del drone. El problema, por lo menos en mi caso, era el RC. Lo que hice fue desarmarlo y quitar una cinta que DJI pega sobre los bornes de algún potenciómetro de alguno de los sticks. Hay que sacar el stick que esté causando problemas y verificar si no tiene pegada una cinta. Esa cinta probablemente inducía alguna continuidad entre los bornes del potenciómetro haciendo que funcione mal y cause la deriva. Quiten esa cinta y luego vuelvan a armar el RC. Verán que ya ocurre la deriva.
mauriciocruzdrones.com
2019-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules