Osmo Mobile not level
12529 6 2018-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AbqDunn
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hi! I have an osmo Mobile that doesn’t seem to be level after double click in landscape mode and won’t do anything in portrait mode when double clicking the trigger. It used to work fine but doesn’t now. The other day it seemed once of the axis points wasn’t fluid(stiff to move) and kind of gritty. Iv recalibrated a couple of times. Pictures attached are landscape mode after double click of trigger
E23DF1EA-A7E0-4104-8231-EC1FBB390440.jpeg
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

AbqDunn, did you calibrate the Horizon in Gimbal Settings? Roll axis can be adjusted to level, but if you can feel there is gimbal stuck when you rotate the gimbal manually, it is recommended to send in for evaluation.
2018-5-18
Use props
MagicMiles
lvl.1

United States

Hi Mindy,

I am having the exact same problem described above, as shown in the image below. The OSMO is off by 2 or 3 degrees and it's really annoying.

My question is you mention > "did you calibrate the Horizon in Gimbal Settings" in your response.

Hmmm....the only calibration option I see in the MIMO app is an AUTO CALIBRATION and nothing else.

Is there another MANUAL calibration option somewhere in the app that I am not seeing ? And if so....WHERE IS THE *#&@@ THING !??!?

Thanks for reading.

Miles.
2019-10-17
Use props
Didier Swiss
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hello,
There is a post

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=197724&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D595%26typeid%3D595

Contact support, a lot of customers have this problem, so the most people contact faster they will fix this
2019-10-28
Use props
korengger
lvl.1
Malaysia

FIXED.

I noticed that the top-left corner clamp was pressing down on my phone's power button. So I folded some thick paper together and wedged it between my phone and the soft bumper casing, where the top-RIGHT corner clamp would be. The height of the folded paper would equal the height of the power button. Mounted the phone, powered on, and it works! Perfectly leveled. May not be the most elegant solution, but at least I do not have to buy an "approved compatible DJI phone" to get my footage to be leveled.

Hope this helps.
2019-12-11
Use props
djiuser_gN8nZyKWKJTO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 146542 ft
United Kingdom

So,
I sent my Osmo mobile 3 off to DJI detailing this problem. They swear that there is nothing wrong with the device... but yet the images they sent me to show proof of test show that the gimbal is .2 degrees out.
When i quizzed them about it, they said if you insist... we will re run the tests and came back to say that we are 100% that there is no issue.

When I sent the pictures back that they sent to me that show the spirit level app they used shows the issue, the response i got was "i dont know why... perhaps the picture was taken just before the calibration test finished."

Cant believe the poor level of customer support DJI have provided here.

I have used many gimbals over the years and never had this problem. They tried to say that it wasn't calibrated. (It had been many times)
or
perhaps i had not balanced the gimbal correctly (I had. i even used their tutorial just for sanity and still there is a problem)

So... just be ready for a fight if you try to get it fixed by DJI. I think it is a manufacturing issue with some units that they refuse to admit.

If they just added a manual horizontal calibration like they had on the osmo 2... this could be fixed!!!

Good luck all.
2020-2-6
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_gN8nZyKWKJTO Posted at 2-6 01:40
So,
I sent my Osmo mobile 3 off to DJI detailing this problem. They swear that there is nothing wrong with the device... but yet the images they sent me to show proof of test show that the gimbal is .2 degrees out.
When i quizzed them about it, they said if you insist... we will re run the tests and came back to say that we are 100% that there is no issue.

There is an option on OM3 to manually calibrate, are you using the latest firmware and app version.
2020-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules