P4A RC antennae positions
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VetteGuyZ06
lvl.3
Flight distance : 429114 ft
United States

Just curious...what is the optimum position for the antennae?  I usually have mine pointing up making a "V".  Lately, I've been getting msgs about bad transmission signals when the drone is in the 2500-3000 ft range.  Just curious if the antennae should be pointed at the bird.  Also, do the aftermarket antennae boosters work?  
2018-5-17
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

2018-5-17
Use props
VetteGuyZ06
lvl.3
Flight distance : 429114 ft
United States

Thank you.   Thats what I thought.  I guess normal power lines affect signal significantly.  Just odd that I have flown in same direction twice as far and now half way get weak signal msg.  Anyway, thanks for the video.
2018-5-17
Use props
helidan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459951 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I believe I read somewhere that when using the 2.4ghz band then the transmitter antenna's should point slightly downward.  Someone from DJI gave the reason IIRC.
2018-5-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

helidan Posted at 2018-5-17 11:11
I believe I read somewhere that when using the 2.4ghz band then the transmitter antenna's should point slightly downward.  Someone from DJI gave the reason IIRC.

Yeah - I have some vague recall on that.  Something to do with the dual-frequency antenna on the P4A/P controller IIRC
2018-5-17
Use props
helidan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459951 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

P4A is only 2.4, P4P is dual.  I'll try and find the original text, I think they mentioned something to do with the way the 2.4g signal is propagated (something like that!)
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

VetteGuyZ06 Posted at 2018-5-17 10:13
Thank you.   Thats what I thought.  I guess normal power lines affect signal significantly.  Just odd that I have flown in same direction twice as far and now half way get weak signal msg.  Anyway, thanks for the video.

The correct antennas position is significant to flying, you can try to adjust the antennas when the signal is weak. It sometimes also relates to the flight environment, please try different open areas, avoid obstacles, please also keep the firmware updated.
2018-5-20
Use props
BfromAZ
lvl.2
United States

Interference...

If your sitting - Stand up. If your standing - Move the controller up or to the sides. Moving will often get you a better signal.

Remember being at a stop light and your car radio signal is drifting in and out. So you move forward an inch or two and the signal is strong again. Its like that...

Interference requires you to do something...

B
2018-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules