424 9 2018-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What used to be a fairly quick route is now fubbarred at rush hour, more so than it's ever been. Today I put up my Spark to try and show the scale of the challenge.
I'm going to ask the local authority for their views.

The Spark made it easy to capture the footage, though for the very first time ever, I lost the connection between the RC and Spark.
Thankfully the Return to Home worked flawlessly and my Spark landed safely just a few feet away from it's take off point. I'd love to know what happened.

Chris

2018-5-17
Use props
Sidd Finch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

From that angle it looks like a bunch of ants out looking for food. lol cool shot

Sidd
2018-5-17
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sidd Finch Posted at 2018-5-17 11:10
From that angle it looks like a bunch of ants out looking for food. lol cool shot

Sidd

Thank you, I realise now, I should have panned to the left to get more of the jam in...next time!
Chris
2018-5-17
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

Before going to the local authorities, were you flying legally above a busy road?

(If you were legal and knew it, please disregard this message. It was the first thing I thought of when I watched the footage.)
2018-5-17
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Prairie Chicken Posted at 2018-5-17 11:35
Before going to the local authorities, were you flying legally above a busy road?

(If you were legal and knew it, please disregard this message. It was the first thing I thought of when I watched the footage.)

Yes, I'm pretty sure I was...only 110 metres high and at least 50 metres away from the road - on average 55-65 metres away and not overflying the road.
That's following what we call the "Drone Code" in the UK, although the UK Air Navigation Order (i think) is the law. It's not quite the shot I want, so scouting for a (legal) closer to the roundabout site too
2018-5-17
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

ChrisJG Posted at 2018-5-17 11:39
Yes, I'm pretty sure I was...only 110 metres high and at least 50 metres away from the road - on average 55-65 metres away and not overflying the road.
That's following what we call the "Drone Code" in the UK, although the UK Air Navigation Order (i think) is the law. It's not quite the shot I want, so scouting for a (legal) closer to the roundabout site too

Okay, understood. I just found out that flying in the nearby park where I've been practicing was actually against the local regulations, so that has been on my mind.
2018-5-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cool footage.
Would be nice to catch a train also
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Awesome. It seems that there is a long distance before reaching the end of the road.
2018-5-17
Use props
Ram-UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

Nice video.

From your video I assume you’re flying very close to a busy highway and railway track (maybe not). So take some advice or re-shoot the video from a safe place before you contact local authorities.
Just a thought.
2018-5-17
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, thanks for sharing!
2019-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now