Controller disconnected mid flight
1376 16 2018-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BigRoyBoy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106414 ft
Australia

Flying Mavic Air. Just finshed taking a Pano shot when hear a military flighter jet flying. So I place the air into sports mode so I could bring it home and land to stop flying when all I heard was aircraft has disconnected look down too see my controller light was red had disconnected from my aircraft. Mavic Air did return home. Is there anything else you would do different, like turning the remote off then back on. Do you think it could have been magnetic interference from the jet that caused this issue. No record on flight log that it RTH ever.
Flight log below
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/AVDG6OL256765E5TQ3UL/

DJI_0106JPG.jpg
2018-5-17
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

I have same problem. See the link below for details. Turn off and reztart controller is the last way. Should only try when aircraft already returned and still unable to connect.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=144319&page=19&mobile=2#pid1359826?
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please fly in another place and ensure that the signal is strong enough without any interference. Please change another USB cable before flight. I would recommend you ensure that both drone and RC are the latest firmware. Please keep us updated, thanks.
2018-5-17
Use props
BigRoyBoy
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-17 20:17
Please fly in another place and ensure that the signal is strong enough without any interference. Please change another USB cable before flight. I would recommend you ensure that both drone and RC are the latest firmware. Please keep us updated, thanks.

Thanks for the reply Elektra. Please see more information below.
1. Both RC and Drone are on the latest firmware.
2. USB cable used is brand new which had come with the controller.
3. Signal was strong and had no warning of interference.
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

BigRoyBoy Posted at 2018-5-17 20:36
Thanks for the reply Elektra. Please see more information below.
1. Both RC and Drone are on the latest firmware.
2. USB cable used is brand new which had come with the controller.

In your case, I would recommend you export the flight data and the black box for analysis. You can upload it to dropbox and post the link here. Thanks for your support.
2018-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I very much doubt Aircraft had much to do with loosing signal, switching on and off won’t make any difference, you could try to make sure antennas are positioned correctly and try to hold them up to aircraft. Signal should resume, also have your device in airplane mode can help.
2018-5-18
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

THe air range blows. That is the problem
2018-5-18
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Hong Kong

There are two kind of disconnection.

1) Interference or signal too weak because fly too far. You should aware this problem normally. Like signal become unstable or interference warning appear. You should be able to reconnect when aircraft return closer. Also problem will repeat with same situation.

2) Disconnected suddenly with good signal before even in close range. Unable to reconnect after aircraft returned infront. Only can reconnect after restart RC or even restarted aircraft. Unable to repeat the problem in same situation. DJI unable to explain this problem I reported. I only see two times this problem. Would like to know how many MA pilots has this problem.
2018-5-18
Use props
BigRoyBoy
lvl.3
Australia

GDL Posted at 2018-5-18 05:45
There are two kind of disconnection.

1) Interference or signal too weak because fly too far. You should aware this problem normally. Like signal become unstable or interference warning appear. You should be able to reconnect when aircraft return closer. Also problem will repeat with same situation.

Thanks GDL. Yes the second options is what happen to me.
2018-5-18
Use props
BigRoyBoy
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-18 00:29
In your case, I would recommend you export the flight data and the black box for analysis. You can upload it to dropbox and post the link here. Thanks for your support.

Thanks for the reply Elekra. I had just done a search to see how to download the black box information and found a post with you given some one a link showing how to do this. The only issue I have is that my DJI Assistant  2 home page is different.  All I have on my main screen is the below list.
1. Firmware update
2. Log export
3. Calibration
I got the DJI Assistant  2 link Version: 1.2.2.859 to download from you last week as I could not get the first one to work with window 10.  
So on my home screen where is Data Upload, Black Box, Simulator and Wifi Settings.
As for my flight data isn't that what I have put a link to at the start of this post.  

2018-5-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Do you think it could have been magnetic interference from the jet that caused this issue

No, for couple of reasons.  
One being magnetic intereference would have caused an entirely different problem.
Other being jet would have to of flown within a couple of meters or less.  
If that happened dobutful drone would have recovered from turbulence.

2018-5-18
Use props
BigRoyBoy
lvl.3
Australia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-18 20:38
Do you think it could have been magnetic interference from the jet that caused this issue

No, for couple of reasons.  

Thanks HedgeTrimmer. No the jet was not that close.
2018-5-18
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

How far were you when the RC disconnected? Usually if you are flying greater than 1000 feet then normal interference can result even though the drone can fly for much further.
2018-5-18
Use props
BigRoyBoy
lvl.3
Australia

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-5-18 21:04
How far were you when the RC disconnected? Usually if you are flying greater than 1000 feet then normal interference can result even though the drone can fly for much further.

My flight log is at the start of this post. I was only Home Distance of 246.5 ft and a Altitude of 103.7 ft
2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

BigRoyBoy Posted at 2018-5-18 20:13
Thanks for the reply Elekra. I had just done a search to see how to download the black box information and found a post with you given some one a link showing how to do this. The only issue I have is that my DJI Assistant  2 home page is different.  All I have on my main screen is the below list.
1. Firmware update
2. Log export

Please try to download the latest version of DJI Assistant 2  v1.2.4 and see if it works. Or you can change a PC for further check.
2018-5-19
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Hong Kong

I disconnected just 20 meters away and can't connect again until restarted RC and aircraft. Try again in same place ans has no problem after.
2018-5-19
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Hong Kong

I fly before and after in same area over 200 meters without problem. No interference occurs.
2018-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules