Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RC Problem after updating firmware
1045 14 2018-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mofeed
lvl.1
Saudi Arabia

Hi everyone, so the problem is very simple yet I still couldn't fix it because the RC is refusing to connect to the app. The problem is that my dad was updating the RC yesterday and he went to do something and when he came back he found that the RC states LED was flashing Red and Green constantly. After that, the first problem we noticed is the battery. It showed red light with beeping so we thought we have an empty battery so we went and charged it but we found out that only the First LED flash (usually all the LED flash sequentially when plugging the charger), and others are off. We left it for 2 hours and still the same issue. After that, we found out another issue, which is the RC can connect to the drone, turn on the engines, and fly it but still can't connect to the app (I have the RC without display so there is no point flying it without vision). Because of that, I started to think that the problem is definitely software one. I tried so many methods to reinstall the firmware (and downgrading it) but I can't because DJI apps (Both the old one and the new one DJI go 4) cannot connect to the RC no matter what. I also tried using Failsafe boot mode and the special mode but I found no success.
TD; LR:
- I have Phantom 4 pro and RC without the display.
- definitely a software problem that prevents the RC from connecting to the apps, because it still can operate the drone without a problem (but no vision ofc).
- also causes the RC to lose track of its battery.
- I tried both apps and used both Failsafe boot mode and special mode (for more info about these modes: https://github.com/o-gs/dji-firm ... #service-interfaces).

thanks for helping in advance.
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Mofeed, do you use the original charger to charge the RC? What's the battery level now?
As for RC update, please turn on the RC, hold C1, C2 and shutter button at the same time, then turn it off and on again, and connect with APP to update from overall status again.
See if this helps.
2018-5-17
Use props
Mofeed
lvl.1
Saudi Arabia

Hi Susan, I just turned on the RC and found it went from one flashing light (with beeping sound) to one static and one flashing (without beeping sound) next to it. This proves my point that the RC doesn't have any idea what its battery level at all ( because I didn't charge it and still it gained one more LED ).

For the charger, I use the original charger and still no success because like I said, the problem is not the battery.

For the RC update, like I said I tried everything just to connect the RC with the APP but still couldn't do it.

As you can see, it's as if I didn't connect the phone to the RC (I tried both the Apple devices and Android).

in conclusion, the thing got corrupted because of the update, I think once I downgrade it will solve the issue (because this is not the first update to corrupt the device or the drone). So all I need is a way to revert the RC firmware to an older version. BTW when I used DJI DJIistant 2 it doesn't recognize the RC but DJI assistant (the first version on mac) did connect but no downgrade option. All I need is a way to access the RC and change its firmware.
RC1.png
RC2.png
RC4.png
RC3.png
2018-5-18
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Is the aircraft powered on in the pictures of the controller?
I guess that you have already tried the re-link of RC to AC even i can't see you mention that, have you also tried without the device connected (power on RC then AC then re-link).
With the device connected, enter settings in top right corner, enter advanced and check if Aircraft type is set as P4P.
EDIT: this would be advanced found in the settings at the RC icon.

Even if you manage to get link and connection the pleasure won't last for long if RC won't take a charge, be aware that it would take many hours getting it charged from the state it seem to be at now.
2018-5-18
Use props
Mofeed
lvl.1
Saudi Arabia

The RC connect to the aircraft with no problem, i can turn the engines on and fly it but since i have no connection from the RC to the app thus i have no video feed. So i'm 100% sure it's a problem with the firmware of the RC causing it to show fault battery info + not connecting to the app.
2018-5-18
Use props
Mofeed
lvl.1
Saudi Arabia

As seen in this video, I can control the aircraft with no issue at all.

You can see the status light flashes red and green and the RC is not connected to the app.
Please understand that all of this happened because of the update.
I Understand the problem: it's the firmware. All I want is a way to revert back to the old firmware. I can't do it via the two go apps nor via the DJI assistant.
the RC was working fine before the update.
I can only access the RC through the DJI assistant 1( Not DJI assistant 2 ) on the mac, but i can't downgrade there and resetting it did nothing.

TD; LR :
I Know what is the problem just I'm asking for a help (Like a tool or something like that) to downgrade or flush the firmware of the RC.

Thanks.
2018-5-18
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

1- Change the cable to a new or at least one proven to work

2- Uninstall Go4 app

3- Update your phone/device to latest

4- reinstall Go4 app

5- shut everything down.......wait........then start phone/device ( do not turn on Go4 app

6- turn on RC  wait for it to boot up ( do not turn on Go4 app....YET)

7- turn on AC and wait for it to boot completely

8- Start the Go4 app

Any luck?
2018-5-18
Use props
Mofeed
lvl.1
Saudi Arabia

Hi guys, my English is not that good but I will try my best to explain everything. I had enough trying to fix this thing, all I can say is just don't ever update your firmware if your things work fine, I know weird but that what happened to me.

First :
The aircraft is perfectly fine and I know that because I tested my friend's controller and it worked with no problem.

Second :
the problem is a Firmware of the RC (100%) and since DJI doesn't provide any way other than the apps to downgrade I'm literally unable to fix such an easy problem (i just need <downgrade>).

Third :
I'm very disappointed at DJI because they literally disabled my RC while it was working perfectly by saying we recommend you to ("Update"). Come on how can an update that is meant to improve the RC performance to end up rendering the RC useless.

I really can't do anything more than throwing this thing away and hope for a future where updates don't corrupt your devices.

thanks, everyone for trying to help me, I really appreciate it.
2018-5-18
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Denmark

You don't answer any thing i am asking in #4 but i think your problem is that the Firmware level of your controller don't match the one on the aircraft, both have to be updated if you have updated one of them, also the App version need to be aligned with the firmware versions.

To me it look like your app is connecting alright to the RC but that the RC is not connected right to the AC, possibly due to different firmware levels.
It is not clear what you have done and how, but if your dad has upgraded the controller i think that all you need to do is also update the aircraft using Assistant2 after first having removed the SD card and done a factory reset.
2018-5-18
Use props
Mofeed
lvl.1
Saudi Arabia

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-18 21:05
You don't answer any thing i am asking in #4 but i think your problem is that the Firmware level of your controller don't match the one on the aircraft, both have to be updated if you have updated one of them, also the App version need to be aligned with the firmware versions.

To me it look like your app is connecting alright to the RC but that the RC is not connected right to the AC, possibly due to different firmware levels.

Hi, KedDK. Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it.

But let me tell you first that I have tried so many things and have enough knowledge to confirm that the RC is the one corrupted (and it is so goddamn corrupted), there is no problem with different versions working together (because all were working fine before "Updating" the RC).

if you went and see the RC4.png above you will see that even when connected to the app the app show disconnected instead of Aircraft disconnected. This appears as if the RC is not connected to the app. Furthermore, the RC is so corrupted that it doesn't know what battery level it got (it shows sometimes 1 LED then suddenly go to 2 LED then go back to 1 without charging at all). Also charging it is impossible now (it just won't charge just keep flashing and start to heat so I don't charge it anymore).

I'm 1000% sure that a flushing for the RC's firmware would fix everything but unfortunately, DJI doesn't allow this aside from apps.

Anyway thanks for helping!
2018-5-19
Use props
Mofeed
lvl.1
Saudi Arabia

Mofeed Posted at 2018-5-19 03:47

But let me tell you first that I have tried so many things and have enough knowledge to confirm that the RC is the one corrupted (and it is so goddamn corrupted), there is no problem with different versions working together (because all were working fine before "Updating" the RC).

Also, the aircraft and apps are all in the latest versions. I used more than 4 different devices using both apps to connect to the RC but no luck.
2018-5-19
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Denmark

Mofeed Posted at 2018-5-19 03:47

But let me tell you first that I have tried so many things and have enough knowledge to confirm that the RC is the one corrupted (and it is so goddamn corrupted), there is no problem with different versions working together (because all were working fine before "Updating" the RC).

You still don't answer anything asked, in #2, and #7 you were told different things to try and none of your replies tell that you have tried what was suggested or at what point things won't cooperate anymore.
I'll pass from here and let you try your special boot modes, best of luck to you.
2018-5-19
Use props
claudiolima
lvl.1

Brazil

Hi Mofeed, look this: All the times what you need (or wants) update any firmware, remember that you must copy it into your computer folder and then you update a new firmware, if show wrong you uninstall it and install the old firmware that you had kept in your machine
2018-5-19
Use props
Mofeed
lvl.1
Saudi Arabia

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-19 05:45
You still don't answer anything asked, in #2, and #7 you were told different things to try and none of your replies tell that you have tried what was suggested or at what point things won't cooperate anymore.
I'll pass from here and let you try your special boot modes, best of luck to you.

I did say "I tried everything", anyway thanks for helping me!
2018-5-19
Use props
Mofeed
lvl.1
Saudi Arabia

claudiolima Posted at 2018-5-19 07:44
Hi Mofeed, look this: All the times what you need (or wants) update any firmware, remember that you must copy it into your computer folder and then you update a new firmware, if show wrong you uninstall it and install the old firmware that you had kept in your machine

Hi claudiolima, I don't get what do you mean by copying the old firmware since the updating process can only be done through DJI apps. So if you got one and know how to do it, please tell me how I would be grateful. My RC is GL300F.
2018-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules