About the "Restricted Zone" message...
490 6 2018-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

With all the restrictions there are on flying drones, I was thankful to get permission from a farmer to fly on his land whenever I want. Li'l Spark was free at last! Except that first time I was there last week, I discovered that it's a couple of miles from a military detachment and restricted zone warnings kept appearing on the screen. I wasn't prevented from flying, but the message popped up every thirty seconds or so and blocked the camera view, sometimes in the middle of a shot. It takes two taps to get rid of it, by promising to fly responsibly and then confirming, but keeps popping up again and is a real nuisance.

If I get permission from the base to fly there, is there a way to block the message from popping up? Being able to fly there would be pointless if I keep getting the message.

Thanks.
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Did you unlock the Restricted Zone? You need to unlock it first although you get the permission from farmer. Please contact flysafe@dji.com and they will help you.
2018-5-17
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

I found the page to unlock Restricted zones, but it only lets me unlock Authorization zones, not an Enhanced Warning zone that I'll be in. (This is in Canada, by the way.)

I'll send an email and see what happens. Thanks, DJI Electra.
2018-5-17
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

Something I just realized...I don't have a data plan for this phone. It's strictly for flying so it doesn't have an internet connection. I guess my "promise to fly responsibly" never gets through to DJI, so the message keeps reloading. I don't suppose there's a way around that.
2018-5-17
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

Prairie Chicken Posted at 2018-5-17 19:39
Something I just realized...I don't have a data plan for this phone. It's strictly for flying so it doesn't have an internet connection. I guess my "promise to fly responsibly" never gets through to DJI, so the message keeps reloading. I don't suppose there's a way around that.

Cant you make your main phone be a wifi hotspot, and then connect your fly phone to that and then try again??
2018-5-17
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-5-17 20:12
Cant you make your main phone be a wifi hotspot, and then connect your fly phone to that and then try again??

My main phone is my land line.

One possible solution: take off near the farmer's house and use his wifi network, if he has one. If that works, I hope I wouldn't have to do it every time I swap batteries. He has two sections of land, and going back to his house every time the battery dies wouldn't be much of an improvement.
2018-5-17
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Canada

Now I realize that I probably can't connect to the internet through wifi when the Spark is flying. If that's correct, this is getting so damn complicated, all because the phone is for flying only. Buying a data plan just so I can do this is a wasteful expense I didn't bargain for.
2018-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules