Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X5S camera issue in ATTI mode
623 10 2018-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CreativeSky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>

Since I have just got my Inspire 2 I can not say when this issue started since I updated it the second I got it but I noticed than shortyl after take off, about 1 minute or later, when I switch to ATTI mode, the camera spins to some random position, other than strait. Why is it spinning at all becuase of this??? This is SUPER annoying. I have not extensively tested this but it seems to work fine if I do it within a minute after take off.

So now, when I switch to ATTI mode, I have to press the return camera to center button (c1) every time. Has anyone else experienced this?

Many thanks,
Houston
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Houston, sorry for the inconvenience, we have been aware of this issue and will get it fixed in the next firmware, please wait patiently.
2018-5-17
Use props
rent
Captain
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
United States

As @DJI Mindy says, this is a known issue that cropped up since the April firmware update. Also related to this, you will see the same camera-yawing-90-degrees behavior upon the following:

1) Landing,
2) Initiating RTH,
3) Switching to ATTI, as you observed.
2018-5-19
Use props
CreativeSky
Second Officer
  • >>>

rent Posted at 2018-5-19 10:25
As @DJI Mindy says, this is a known issue that cropped up since the April firmware update. Also related to this, you will see the same camera-yawing-90-degrees behavior upon the following:

1) Landing,

Thank you both for the update. I look forward to the next firmware update and hope that it will be soon.  At the risk of sounding like I am changing the subject, are there any plans to control the amount of popups on the screen? This has been going on for a while and seems to never have been addressed.
2018-5-19
Use props
rent
Captain
  • >>>
United States

CreativeSky Posted at 2018-5-19 10:37
Thank you both for the update. I look forward to the next firmware update and hope that it will be soon.  At the risk of sounding like I am changing the subject, are there any plans to control the amount of popups on the screen? This has been going on for a while and seems to never have been addressed.

My (expensive) solution to the pop up problem is to program one of the buttons in Cendence to dismiss all popups. I think DJI is using this to sell Cendence!
2018-5-19
Use props
CreativeSky
Second Officer
  • >>>

It would almost be worth it. Would like to hear more about what you think of that remote and how you are using it to improve your flying and/or shooting.
2018-5-19
Use props
rent
Captain
  • >>>
United States

CreativeSky Posted at 2018-5-19 20:44
It would almost be worth it. Would like to hear more about what you think of that remote and how you are using it to improve your flying and/or shooting.

Overall I love it! The dedicated camera settings buttons are most useful to me as a photographer. The patch antenna has been working well for me too.

Cendence + iPad Pro 10.5" is heavy though so a strap or harness is a must. Other than that, I haven't found anything not to like.
2018-5-19
Use props
CreativeSky
Second Officer
  • >>>

rent Posted at 2018-5-19 22:50
Overall I love it! The dedicated camera settings buttons are most useful to me as a photographer. The patch antenna has been working well for me too.

Cendence + iPad Pro 10.5" is heavy though so a strap or harness is a must. Other than that, I haven't found anything not to like.

Good to hear. I will have to do my further research into it so I can justify the extremely Apple like steep price of $1,000.
2018-5-20
Use props
CreativeSky
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Is this problem with the camera swinging to some random position when switching to ATTI mode EVER going to be fixed. 3 months seems plenty long enough. Also this happens when you go to tap the screen to control the camera. This has runined so many of my shots I can not even begin to tell you and is EXTREMELY frustrating that DJI does not fox something like this RIGHT away.
2018-7-6
Use props
jtc1972
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27346 ft
United Kingdom

i have the same problem upon landing the camera spins then i have to resist the drone to get it to the right place, not some thing you want when you just spent £6k on it
2018-7-7
Use props
fans82a02d84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8049101 ft
  • >>>

Frustrating all around. Switching to ATTI or landing and having to relocate the camera is getting really old. I don't use the RTH but good to know that's an issue as well.  Come on DJI, no I'm not looking forward to going thru another Firmware update but please get it right this time, ugh!
2018-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules