Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI just doesn't care once they have your money!!!
1187 10 2015-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeff_yeager
lvl.1
Flight distance : 459072 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI just doesn't care once they have your money.  They are in a mode of flooding the market with their drones instead of putting the necessary support channels in place when things go wrong with them.  Case in point, I was one of the unlucky ones to have the recent firmware brick my transmitter.  After working with support and suggestions from others on forums, I couldn't get the TX to respond.  Support told me I would have to send everything in for repair and it would be 5-6 weeks.  Well 5 weeks into it, I contacted support line for the Inspire and they are not taking calls.  So I tried a different number and got through to a support agent after 35mins.  He told me there was no info on the repair that I'd get it when I get it.  So helpful.  First, instead of making me send everything in just send me a new tx to swap out.  This would save all the pain and suffering on my end.  Its very similar to what other tech companies do as I just did it with a Garmin device.  Second, if you are taking 2 weeks just to check in a returned device and then another 6 weeks to repair it, there must be a problem with the products and your support capabilities.  To me this signals a lack of caring about after sale support but rather a "we got your money" attitude and you have no options but to wait.  You really don't have any options to speak with anyone either that will be of any help to you.  So you are screwed if your drone breaks.  Lesson learned.  Next product will not be DJI because they are not interested in supporting my $3K investment.

2015-5-12
Use props
sbarryjackson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>
United States

At the very least they should charge you for another transmitter, ship it to you and then refund the money for the one you shipped back.
DJI is a sad sad company when it comes to customer service. I am so banking on 3DR.
2015-5-12
Use props
jeff_yeager
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

sbarryjackson@s Posted at 2015-5-13 00:14
At the very least they should charge you for another transmitter, ship it to you and then refund the ...

That's exactly what Garmin did.  Simple Stupid.  DJI isn't in the biz of customer retention.  Now I will say my first attempt to purchase something from 3DR wasn't much better.
2015-5-12
Use props
sbarryjackson
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jeff_yeager@sbc Posted at 2015-5-13 00:29
That's exactly what Garmin did.  Simple Stupid.  DJI isn't in the biz of customer retention.  Now  ...

At least 3DR is an American company, even though products are produced in China. We will have more of a leg to stand on when it comes to complaints. DJI is full of incompetent people, and that is all there is to it.
2015-5-12
Use props
mani
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2233904 ft
  • >>>
Romania

sbarryjackson@s Posted at 2015-5-13 00:44
At least 3DR is an American company, even though products are produced in China. We will have more ...

I am not so sure 3DR is an American company, as I am not so sure DJI is a Chinese brand.
Both of them are managed and developed as global brands, and both of them earned their success to people coming from different corners of the world.
Lack of customer service or bad PR are not given by nationality, it's the result of bad management.
To choose one product just because it has a flag on it doesn't seem like a smart idea.
Also, I am pretty sure DJI knows the importance of the American market, it's what helped them to become what they are today, so I think you will see some changes in their customer service soon.
I do hope 3DR will increase their market share and become a bigger company, as this kind of competition will create great advantages for us, the customers.
They're still in the junior league, compared with the DJI line of products, but Solo looks like a real competitor to Phantom, I am curios to compare sales at the end of the year.
2015-5-12
Use props
Abe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree it is painful to deal with the 6-week wait. Pretty soon, I will be able to safely say that I've owned two Inspires, but DJI has had them longer than I have. The first one I crashed, it was my fault, and I was OK with the six week wait as I understand there are many others in line ahead of me. But my second one is in for a warranty problem (landing gear stopped working after three weeks) and it is frustrating to have to wait in the same line as crashed units and other non-warranty repairs. Warranty issues should be accommodated immediately and either repaired or replaced within two weeks.

I have no doubt that DJI will get its act together at some point, and a year or two from now I'll look back on this and realize it wasn't that important in my life. But right now the wait feels interminable.
2015-5-12
Use props
jhogge
lvl.3

United States

"DJI is full of incompetent people, and that is all there is to it."

Even worse than incompetent. All you have to do is google "DJI and Support" and you will immediately see that the only feedback on the internet is ALL TERRIBLE. And even after all of this DJI does NOTHING to improve service. They simply do not care. They have your money already. The great thing is that other drone companies are making huge strides and creating products to compete with DJI. And they will hardly have to even try to provide better service than the absolute disregard DJI shows its existing customer base.
2015-5-12
Use props
Gatorone30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1145489 ft
United States

Look at this bird. This is what I may transition to if it proves itself.
http://roswellflighttestcrew.typ ... acopter-at-nab.html
2015-5-12
Use props
jeff_yeager
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

jhogge Posted at 2015-5-13 06:12
"DJI is full of incompetent people, and that is all there is to it."

Even worse than incompetent. A ...

I think you hit it on the head.  Eventually the likes of 3DR will start chewing away at DJI if they are able to put together a decent service model.  I just get a kick out of the emails DJI sends asking for feedback after you call.  When you respond to them you never hear back just proving they really don't care.  If a normal company got a negative feedback response they would reach out to you to find out more info on your situation.  Amazon does this for example.  It's all a false sense that someone back at corporate DJI cares.  Flood the market with their products and screw supporting them attitude.
2015-5-13
Use props
sbarryjackson
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jeff_yeager@sbc Posted at 2015-5-13 22:03
I think you hit it on the head.  Eventually the likes of 3DR will start chewing away at DJI if the ...

If you read the article about Frank Wang in Forbes it states there are 200 employees in the company.
200?????Talk about under staffed. I wonder if that is counting the mods here on the boards.
2015-5-13
Use props
jeff_yeager
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Well today after 6 weeks and 1 day I finally got my Inspire back.  Yes, I'm happy but being gone for so long I can't remember what it was like to fly it.  Crossing my fingers everything is back to square one.  Just a side note.  I received an email once they completed the repair.  They said the TX that was bricked actually had a bad USB port which they repaired.  What a joke.  I have maybe 10 flights on the thing.  To prove it's a joke I took pictures of everything including barcodes.  They sent me someone else's used TX as I knew they would.  This company has no idea how to provide customer service even at the basic level.  Then to lie to me, I'm so over DJI.
2015-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules