FPV Camera has no roll movement
894 7 2018-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CreativeSky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>

New to the I@ but I noticed that the FPV camera has 2 axis, pitch and roll. When flying, my camera never will roll so the horizon is all over the place when I turn or move the bird sideways. Do I ahve somethign switched off or it just broken?

Many thanks,
Houston

2018-5-17
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft

The FPV camera will only tilt. It rolls with the bird.
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Houston, the roll axis of the FPV cannot be controlled and it will only roll with the drone, please try to Adjust FPV Gimbal in Gimbal Settings to see if the roll can be adjusted.
2018-5-18
Use props
CreativeSky
lvl.4
  • >>>

I never said I wanted to control it, I was expecting it to compensate on its own, what I am saying is that it does not ROLL at all with the horizon. It seems to be in a fixed position. On start up I see it roll back and forth so I know it is not stuck so I am not sure what the problem is.  Is there a setting for this or something?
I2-FPV-Roll.png
2018-5-18
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft

On startup you see the camera do a tilt test. How do you mean it doesn't roll with the horizon? When flying the camera is at the orientation of the bird except when you've got it tilted. But if it's level it always moves as the bird moves. So, when the bird tilts to the right the horizon tilts to the right and you see it thru the FPV camera. But it doesn't pan independently.
2018-5-18
Use props
CreativeSky
lvl.4
  • >>>

Again, I am not talking about panning, I am talking about ROLLING, Rolling with the horizon so that that horizon stays level in the FPV view. But I guess what you are saying is that even though the camera is capable of rolling, as you see it do this on start up, it does not actually rotate in that direction during flight so as to compensate for the birds roll movement.
2018-5-18
Use props
Paul Joy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3754318 ft
  • >>>

Good question though. If the FPV camera has a roll axis why isn't it used for anything?
2018-5-18
Use props
rent
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
United States

What you see is normal behavior of I2's FPV camera. This, to me at least, is actually desired since it gives the pilot operator a sense of the amount of AC's roll.

On the other hand... the image quality of the FPV camera... I'd rather DJI improve on that!
2018-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules