Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New version Of DJI GO 4.2.16 iOS
2763 18 2018-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kamil111444
lvl.4
Flight distance : 167713 ft
Slovakia

I just saw updated version of DJI GO 4!
This version is asking for access to your privacy data and also approximately location during the flight, so I’m not sure if FCC mode will be still working for those who using that !
6D06203D-E791-41DB-8D7E-8DDF88477017.png
5224306F-9177-4610-8EBF-D1287D627340.png
2018-5-17
Use props
kfloke
Captain
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

Hope Mavic Air work well on this new update
2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, all. It will need user authorization to realize this feature.
2018-5-18
Use props
sica
First Officer
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

I have the feeling that DJI has not been investing in mavic pro anymore. No updates. No firmware upgrade. Is there any old droning engine that does not worth investing DJI engineers anymore?
2018-5-18
Use props
Mildman
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-18 00:15
Hi, all. It will need user authorization to realize this feature.

...and if the user authorises it, will it block FCC?
2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Mildman Posted at 2018-5-18 00:37
...and if the user authorises it, will it block FCC?

No, it won't block FCC. Any other doubt, please feel free to contact us.
2018-5-18
Use props
Bob Brown
Captain
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Holding off on the update... you know the drill.
2018-5-18
Use props
Mildman
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Thank your for your quick reply.
2018-5-18
Use props
METROID
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105741 ft
Russia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-18 01:31
No, it won't block FCC. Any other doubt, please feel free to contact us.

So, what is this feature for? Why additional permissions?
2018-5-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

I’ve upgraded. Nice to finally see the geo zones on the main map.
2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

METROID Posted at 2018-5-18 02:24

It will need the permission because we will get the location of drone and users info in some process, likes, activation, updating map, unlock the restricted zone and so on. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-5-18
Use props
Malakai_UK
Captain
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Velocity Priority

Does this mean the Air will Active track at faster speeds?
2018-5-18
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

METROID Posted at 2018-5-18 02:24

Spying on everyone for their government....
2018-5-18
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Ok so I just updated to the latest IOS DJI GO 4 version which is 4.2.16 and it seems DJI did some behind the scenes fixes for Active track as it is night and day better.  I was able to do a full bike ride with the only time it losing me is when I could no longer be seen due to a tree.  Other than that it was spot on and kept up and another major improvement was it stayed at a stable speed instead of sling shooting around.  I am uploading a video and will post here when it is done.  So for those that have been having problems with Active Track make sure and update to the latest that was just released yesterday.  Another major improvement was when I was back in the camera view it automatically picked me back up and started tracking again.  It never ever did this before as previously I would have to start the active track back up again.
2018-5-18
Use props
Frank70
lvl.4
Flight distance : 215899 ft
Netherlands

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-18 12:43
Ok so I just updated to the latest IOS DJI GO 4 version which is 4.2.16 and it seems DJI did some behind the scenes fixes for Active track as it is night and day better.  I was able to do a full bike ride with the only time it losing me is when I could no longer be seen due to a tree.  Other than that it was spot on and kept up and another major improvement was it stayed at a stable speed instead of sling shooting around.  I am uploading a video and will post here when it is done.  So for those that have been having problems with Active Track make sure and update to the latest that was just released yesterday.  Another major improvement was when I was back in the camera view it automatically picked me back up and started tracking again.  It never ever did this before as previously I would have to start the active track back up again.

That’s reassuring to hear. Was having issues with activetrack (profile) myself with once a scary moment the drone seemed to attack. Hopefully that is now resolved as well.
2018-5-18
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

So there is one annoying thing about this update that never did before.  With active track If there is one thing I do not like and it is a small thing is it constantly tells you your home point has been updated every second.  It never did it this often before.  I wish there was a way to at least turn off the noise "your home point has been updated" because it seriously does it every second one right after the other.  Gets kind of annoying.
2018-5-18
Use props
METROID
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105741 ft
Russia

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-18 12:43
Ok so I just updated to the latest IOS DJI GO 4 version which is 4.2.16 and it seems DJI did some behind the scenes fixes for Active track as it is night and day better.  I was able to do a full bike ride with the only time it losing me is when I could no longer be seen due to a tree.  Other than that it was spot on and kept up and another major improvement was it stayed at a stable speed instead of sling shooting around.  I am uploading a video and will post here when it is done.  So for those that have been having problems with Active Track make sure and update to the latest that was just released yesterday.  Another major improvement was when I was back in the camera view it automatically picked me back up and started tracking again.  It never ever did this before as previously I would have to start the active track back up again.

So, the whole new algo for Active Track just via DJI Go and not firmware, interesting...
2018-5-18
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
United States

METROID Posted at 2018-5-18 17:28
So, the whole new algo for Active Track just via DJI Go and not firmware, interesting...

Yeah I figured it would have to be firmware but it must be the way DJI GO 4 is processing/interpreting the object that was an issue.  I just know that for me it is much better now.  
2018-5-18
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-18 17:52
Yeah I figured it would have to be firmware but it must be the way DJI GO 4 is processing/interpreting the object that was an issue.  I just know that for me it is much better now.

i dont think it is the algo they changed, but rather inputs they changed..i think the algorithm used by the drone is the same and is on the drone.. the app is just changing the inputs for the algorithm..

that being said, using phone to handle it could lead to massive improvements assuming back end limitations get ironed..
2018-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules