Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Q: Will Spark also get Smart Capture like Mavic Air?
543 4 2018-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jh8
First Officer
Flight distance : 39685 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I had a mavic Air and liked the "Smart capture" gestures a lot better that Sparks "Gesture Control". Especially the gesture to control the distance by moving your hands closer or further apart would be a huge improvement, aas well as the more logical video/photo gestures. I understand there are differences in the vision systems used, but can someone from DJI please comment if there is any chance this will also be made available in Spark through a FW update?
2018-5-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Thanks for your attention. But we have no plan on adding " Smart capture" in spark now.
2018-5-18
Use props
Malakai_UK
Captain
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm guessing since Air was released the Spark will no longer receive any attention. DJI will focus on the next product. Maybe fixing some of the problems the Air might be having but once its stable they wont touch it.
2018-5-18
Use props
Gunship9
Captain
United States

I doubt the Spark budget for microcontroller and memory size included room for Mavic Air features via updates.   The processor already supports quite a large list of drone flight features.   A lot of features for the size, cost, and battery load.  
2018-5-18
Use props
jh8
First Officer
Flight distance : 39685 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Well, I'm not talking about adding APAS or something fancy, just to change some gestures to make it more consistent between DJI models. After all they did add the Video gesture after Spark was released. But to be honest I'm not expecting too much... I'm still waiting for 16:9 photo mode I was hoping would be added a year ago.
2018-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules