[intense image] Injury due to drift away while landing
1697 15 2018-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Dear pilots, i show you my first injuries due to my MA drift away while it was landing, so i have to grab it by hand that i will not loose it. Even though i recalibrated everything, gps and vison too. I am on latest 0400.
20180518_164416.jpg
20180518_171822.jpg
2018-5-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ouch.
Hand landing is always risky.
I do use it from time to time (Mavic Pro) when the terrain won't allow for landing on the ground.
But watch out for those blades spinning like .....
Once I got hit by one on the thumbnail. No blood, but I could still feel it after 2 days....
2018-5-18
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-5-18 02:48
Ouch.
Hand landing is always risky.
I do use it from time to time (Mavic Pro) when the terrain won't allow for landing on the ground.

I do not want capture it by hand unprepared. But this situation, if i did not do something, i can lost it. I did not know why it drift like crazy, very light wind. I will ground it until new updates roll out. Hope it can be fixed with image issue
2018-5-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Optimus Prime-Mavic Air Posted at 2018-5-18 02:52
I do not want capture it by hand unprepared. But this situation, if i did not do something, i can lost it. I did not know why it drift like crazy, very light wind. I will ground it until new updates roll out. Hope it can be fixed with image issue

Ah ok.
It can be due to the surface of the ground.
That can fool the lower vision sensors.
What was the ground surface like?
2018-5-18
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-5-18 02:56
Ah ok.
It can be due to the surface of the ground.
That can fool the lower vision sensors.

It's concrete, flat and no objects.
2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Optimus Prime-Mavic Air Posted at 2018-5-18 02:58

Sorry for the accident. I would recommend you take care of your wound first. I would not recommend users catch their drone with bare hands, it is really dangerous. Please export the flight data with DJI Assistant 2 and we will help you locate the problem of drifting away.
2018-5-18
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-18 03:03
Sorry for the accident. I would recommend you take care of your wound first. I would not recommend users catch their drone with bare hands, it is really dangerous. Please export the flight data with DJI Assistant 2 and we will help you locate the problem of drifting away.

Thank you very much!! I will do. Just i do not want to lost it so... Have a nice weekend to all
2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Optimus Prime-Mavic Air Posted at 2018-5-18 03:05
Thank you very much!! I will do. Just i do not want to lost it so... Have a nice weekend to all

You are welcome. Please keep us updated, hope your injury can go well soon.
2018-5-18
Use props
tiagosaraivacg.pt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24042 ft
Portugal

yesterday while flying it, ive noticed some strange drifting, yaw moves and lack of stability, and Ive landed it and restarted checked all sensores state (imu..compass..) , and all seemed back to normal.. but all suddenly.. when i was flying close to the ground, the controls stoped responding.. and the MA just went in front, straight to a door. luckly, no damaged parts resulted.. but now Im concerned flying again, since this is not best of problems to happen.. was on low altitude, because if were on higher, id probably wouldn't have my MA now.
2018-5-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Optimus Prime-Mavic Air Posted at 2018-5-18 02:58

That should not be a problem indeed.
As DJI Elektra suggested, I am interested in the flight logs.
2018-5-18
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

Vision position may not working on concrete surface. If GSP signal is weak and switch to vision mode it may drift.
2018-5-18
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

Hi Elektra, my flight log https://www.dropbox.com/s/l0tgs0h771o7bc1/FlightLogs.zip?dl=0
2018-5-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Optimus Prime-Mavic Air Posted at 2018-5-18 05:51
Hi Elektra, my flight log https://www.dropbox.com/s/l0tgs0h771o7bc1/FlightLogs.zip?dl=0

Hi, thank you for providing the flight log, it has been forwarded to our engineers for a check, if there is an update, we'll let you know at the first time.
2018-5-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, according to our engineers, they checked all the flight log that you provided, there is no problem with the drone. For the flight safety purpose, it is not recommended to fly and land the drone on your hand, please take care and fly safely. Thanks for your support!
2018-5-23
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

Hi Diana, thank you very much for info. That's very weird because in flight data did not show up the drifting. I have to capture it before it drop to water.
2018-5-23
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
Second Officer
Vietnam

Sold mine now.
2018-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules